Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Sorry meant mostly in jest but I do believe he wants the best for the club … he is just a bloody calamity and needs to keep his money in and his fingers out
He is actually quite a decent bloke by all accounts. But he does have a propensity to dole out jobs to his mates which probably explains his fawning over BK in that email.

….again, it’s just an absolutely ludicrous statement. You churn up the same regarding only being able to ‘attract poor players’.

There will be great managers out there who would jump at the chance of joining Everton just like there will be great players out there who would jump at the chance of joining Everton.

Great managers and players might not be familiar to you or me but an absolute fit for Everton is out there. It’s often a matter of right man, right time, right place. To think we have to appoint somebody who isn’t ‘decent‘ is an absolute nonsense.

The huge challenge is appointing the right person, I have no idea who that might be. I certainly knew the wrong person was your beloved Benitez but it doesn’t mean we should now engage somebody just as disastrous.

Let’s not forget, for the last 6 months you have bombarded this site with nothing short of adulation & hero worship for a man not fit to be anywhere near our club & now you attempt to lecture to us again without one ounce of contrition.
Talking more rubbish because you see Everton how you want it to be, some hollywood name in football, not how it actually is right now, even Potter is out of our league these days. I deal in facts that have happened, not what i want to happen. . Fact one, in the summer we appointed Benitez, because you are deluded you think we could of done better in the summer, but not once have you ever been able to say why we didn't. I correctly pointed out time and time again with our squad and the budget we had then we had no chance of getting a better manager, if we could of done why didn't we? Answer that, Ive asked you too in the past, explain why, but you cant.
You also refuse to accept when a club and a manger talk they both want to know what each can offer the other. Its not all about where can a manager take us but they also want to know what will it do for them, in the summer we spent 1.7m, another one of my facts but you seem to think that budget will attract a top manager, you really are out of touch with the modern game.

The clown i replied to was moaning about Frank, before he has even came, its typical hate all things Everton nonsense, this is what some did with Rafael, moaning before the man has even arrived, its a very good appointment for who Everton are now, and I will be honest i really didnt think we could get him, for the club Moshiri has made us its as good as we can get.

Likewise players, we got three players in the summer all very out of favor, ok one is a shocker but the other two are good, but who are these great players who jump at the chance of playing for Everton? For one we cant afford them, were not in Europe and most will walk away at first chance like James did last season when Carlo bailed, we need players who actually want to play for us, even DCL has small talk about moves right now.

Yeah , I was aware of the revision of his history.
But he still exists as a metaphor in the popular imagination.
Also he wouldn’t have been fiddling since the violin was not around at that time.
How about we agree he’s a mad as Caligula?
True, he played the Lyre :)
He definitely wasn't the most stable anyway that's for sure but Caligula was cuckoo!

Whoever our manager is, our problems will continue if Moshiri doesn't leave football stuff to people who know the game and are acting in the club's best interests. I really hope he's learned something from this latest debacle, but somehow I doubt it.
How many times have we said that. I'm in solidarity with your doubt.

No billionaires heart is in the right place.
You pay 30 million for Iwobi and give a big long contract while people are starving and homeless. You're pritty much downright evil.

Like we looked at feudalism and medieval times and how the people were treated even slavery etc how they carried on back in the day. In 500 years they will look at things like this and think how barbaric and evil a world it was.

You pay 30 million for Iwobi and give a big long contract while people are starving and homeless. You're pritty much downright evil.

Like we looked at feudalism and medieval times and how the people were treated even slavery etc how they carried on back in the day. In 500 years they will look at things like this and think how barbaric and evil a world it was.
Not a jive at Lampards personal philosophy. Promise.

I think this idea that he needs to leave decisions to football people is nonsense. Since he joined there has been a procession of “football people” from directors, to managers, to scouts, to players, to agents who have bled this guy dry. It seems anyone can get in his ear and get him to change course. How can you be a billionaire and be this bad at running an organisation?
All of the top clubs in Europe have a sporting director who outlasts the managers and a top analytics and scouting team. If you get the transfers right you can suffer a bad manager. With that in place our manager ideally should play a modern pressing style with several years at a recent club showing continuous improvement. We should sign young British talent from The Championship and below, and the best young talents from abroad. Minimal short term fixes unless they are absolute bargains. Grow the squad together and in a couple years have a stable club that can kick on to have a shot at top 4.
We need an owner who surrounds himself with the right people and has the vision, leadership and conviction to make it happen and see through any wobbles. Lampard is a complete shot in the dark, and we will just have to hope it works. If this wasn’t my club I’d say the guy deserves to lose all his money- he hasn’t got a clue.
I think this might be the best post and summary I have ever read about any topic, ever. Well done!

Courage to turn away from his first choice .. that’s all
Weak. He never supports a manager when the going gets tough. We did with Kendall, Moyes, MU did with Ferguson. RS gave Klopp lots of time.
Lampard has to be afforded at least two seasons and if we are progressing leave him.
Suspect Rooney said no because it becomes available so often he will get his turn after keeping Derby up.

Talking more rubbish because you see Everton how you want it to be, some hollywood name in football, not how it actually is right now, even Potter is out of our league these days. I deal in facts that have happened, not what i want to happen. . Fact one, in the summer we appointed Benitez, because you are deluded you think we could of done better in the summer, but not once have you ever been able to say why we didn't. I correctly pointed out time and time again with our squad and the budget we had then we had no chance of getting a better manager, if we could of done why didn't we? Answer that, Ive asked you too in the past, explain why, but you cant.
You also refuse to accept when a club and a manger talk they both want to know what each can offer the other. Its not all about where can a manager take us but they also want to know what will it do for them, in the summer we spent 1.7m, another one of my facts but you seem to think that budget will attract a top manager, you really are out of touch with the modern game.

The clown i replied to was moaning about Frank, before he has even came, its typical hate all things Everton nonsense, this is what some did with Rafael, moaning before the man has even arrived, its a very good appointment for who Everton are now, and I will be honest i really didnt think we could get him, for the club Moshiri has made us its as good as we can get.
Great post. It’s a bit far fetched for Lanpard’s detractors to suggest that we could have got a Zidane or a Poch. Lampard is a good young manager with a good track record. Derby hadn’t been near the upper echelons of the Championship for many years and yet he got them to the play-off final at Wembley. Likewise he guided Chelsea to a top 4 finish and an FA Cup final just after they sold their best player Hazard. And let’s not forget that Lampard wasn’t allowed to sign a single player during that time due to the transfer embargo that had been imposed on Chelsea.

People like to moan for the sake of it but it really doesn’t help.