Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Talking more rubbish because you see Everton how you want it to be, some hollywood name in football, not how it actually is right now, even Potter is out of our league these days. I deal in facts that have happened, not what i want to happen. . Fact one, in the summer we appointed Benitez, because you are deluded you think we could of done better in the summer, but not once have you ever been able to say why we didn't. I correctly pointed out time and time again with our squad and the budget we had then we had no chance of getting a better manager, if we could of done why didn't we? Answer that, Ive asked you too in the past, explain why, but you cant.
You also refuse to accept when a club and a manger talk they both want to know what each can offer the other. Its not all about where can a manager take us but they also want to know what will it do for them, in the summer we spent 1.7m, another one of my facts but you seem to think that budget will attract a top manager, you really are out of touch with the modern game.

The clown i replied to was moaning about Frank, before he has even came, its typical hate all things Everton nonsense, this is what some did with Rafael, moaning before the man has even arrived, its a very good appointment for who Everton are now, and I will be honest i really didnt think we could get him, for the club Moshiri has made us its as good as we can get.

Likewise players, we got three players in the summer all very out of favor, ok one is a shocker but the other two are good, but who are these great players who jump at the chance of playing for Everton? For one we cant afford them, were not in Europe and most will walk away at first chance like James did last season when Carlo bailed, we need players who actually want to play for us, even DCL has small talk about moves right now.

@Eggs is right about the manager.

1: Theres no way we should have appointed Benitez.

-- surely with hindsight you can agree to that.

2: There is an entire world full of managers. Just because you, me or anyone on the forum dont know them, consider or want them doesnt mean there arent top class managers out there who would love to manage Everton.

-- Lampard was available in the summer. If you are behind him now then surely you'd have been behind him in the summer.

3: Not having a 'transfer budget' isnt going to actively discourage managers. Take Steve Cooper at Forest, Lampard himself or many other managers who (currently) look superior to a (finished) Benitez. Im confident that other managers would have been able to come in and sell players to generate their own budget.

-- Why is having a big budget necessary above actually having the ability to improve players? Thats a major part of their job.

4: Theres also an entire world of footballers. Were a traditionally big club playing in the biggest league in the world...we pay big wages and have big names in the squad.

-- 99.9% of managers in the world would love to be hired as Everton manager.

Youve backed the wrong manager (Benitez) and the wrong player (Keane) but surely the logic of Everton being a massive step up for 99.9% of managers even without a transfer budget is pretty obvious.

Imagine starting to sign your name on a Everton contract though and half way through your first name you look up and see Moshiri smiling at you, fluttering his eyes.

Shudders.

@Eggs is right about the manager.

1: Theres no way we should have appointed Benitez.

-- surely with hindsight you can agree to that.

2: There is an entire world full of managers. Just because you, me or anyone on the forum dont know them, consider or want them doesnt mean there arent top class managers out there who would love to manage Everton.

-- Lampard was available in the summer. If you are behind him now then surely you'd have been behind him in the summer.

3: Not having a 'transfer budget' isnt going to actively discourage managers. Take Steve Cooper at Forest, Lampard himself or many other managers who (currently) look superior to a (finished) Benitez. Im confident that other managers would have been able to come in and sell players to generate their own budget.

-- Why is having a big budget necessary above actually having the ability to improve players? Thats a major part of their job.

4: Theres also an entire world of footballers. Were a traditionally big club playing in the biggest league in the world...we pay big wages and have big names in the squad.

-- 99.9% of managers in the world would love to be hired as Everton manager.

Youve backed the wrong manager (Benitez) and the wrong player (Keane) but surely the logic of Everton being a massive step up for 99.9% of managers even without a transfer budget is pretty obvious.
So why cant we attract these managers? I didnt even think we would get Lampard, so TBF I was wrong too.
Obviously yeah in hindsight Rafael was a disaster, I agree on that but some actually wanted him to fail, which goes against the idea of being a supporter.

I just hope this one works, now really isnt the time for people to persist with the negativity

So why cant we attract these managers? I didnt even think we would get Lampard, so TBF I was wrong too.
Obviously yeah in hindsight Rafael was a disaster, I agree on that but some actually wanted him to fail, which goes against the idea of being a supporter.

I just hope this one works, now really isnt the time for people to persist with the negativity

Its not that the club cant attract the managers, they dont even interview them once the managers' agents approach them.

So if thats the case with managers approaching the club, the board are hardly going to ask promising continental managers to join the interview process.

Is he actually going to get this over the line or has he scared Lampard away with his weirdness?
Lampard will be no stranger to Bill, hes been to Goodison enough times.
But...
Even with his (Lampard's) money, a years unemployment can pall and you start to see things through new eyes..."at least it'll get me out the house and out from under the wife's feet - how bad can it be?...its not as if I have to live there and José always spoke well of The Lowrie."

Or, perhaps, some had looked at his record over the last number of years and realized that he was doomed to failure. The awful football he had served up throughout his career, was only ever accepted because he won football matches. He had stopped being a winner long before he darkened our doorstep. It was that, combined with the fact that, due to his past allegiances and comments meant that he was going to be under constant pressure here, that made me totally against his appointment. The notion that it was just the Liverpool connection that turned people against him is really not true.

Imagine thinking Benitez was the better choice over Frank Lampard in the summer. Only Moshiri.

Frank isn’t the best manager out there, he can be stubborn just like many other managers in the business and he’s probably still working it out. But he’s a good choice for now. We can still get a top 10 half finish because none of the other teams after top 7 are any good and I think that’s something to aim for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back