Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This particular phrase was bandied around the media and on Twitter - it was never attributed to anyone at the club.

Yep.....and Koulibaly and Witsel. Guess what.....we got messed about by both players and club. Napoli messed us about by refusing to sell, Witsel messed us about by wanting the biggest payday from anyone willing to pay it. Napoli confirmed we bid £60M for Koulibaly.

How is that the fault of anyone at the club?

To be fair, the whole transfer window was a mess last summer. Not helped by aiming at CL players who had no intention of joining 11th place Everton. You don't like Bolasie? Personal preference, you're wrong though.

As mentioned above, Napoli confirmed this.

January window, nobody goes on a major spending spree in January. And the players we got were quality.

What would you have done? Played him in the U23s to piss him off or have him sulking about the pitch week in, week out? He wanted out, he got out.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box? Badly advised by his agent? Legs under threat by trackie wearing meffs? You choose, at the end of the day, he wants out against the clubs wishes. See ya Ross.

Who's to say it won't be completed in the coming days/weeks? But it's so easy to grab onto the conspiracy theory isn't it?

The window has weeks to run yet. Chill your boots.

You can choose to fume and go with this if you wish, personally I'll wait until the window slams shut to see where we are with the squad and the signings RonKoe wants to bring in. We know what positions he wants, lets see if he gets them.
So basically you refuse to accept that there could possibly be any criticism levelled at the club? I don't think Moshiri is a fraud at all, but I can certainly see why people are asking questions. Just dismissing everything out of hand seems rather foolish to me.

So basically you refuse to accept that there could possibly be any criticism levelled at the club? I don't think Moshiri is a fraud at all, but I can certainly see why people are asking questions. Just dismissing everything out of hand seems rather foolish to me.
I just think it's difficult to criticise anyone / anything without full details of the facts.
IF we want Sig' for instance, have the money and are not paying it / quibbling then of course we should criticise.
Despite what is written in the media, where entertainment is as important as factual representation, we don't have the foggiest.
Without knowing everything about everything, and I am certainly not advocating us doing our business in the public eye, I can't see how we can criticise OR applaud Moshiri at the moment.

Moshiri "I'll give Everton everything I have"

Yet we are moaning over 5m quid

Just talk to get all the season tickets sold

The thing is mate, your basing this on an over inflated view of moshiri, just because he's a billionaire doesn't mean he has billions to throw at Everton.
For all you know he might be giving everything he has.
At least wait until the window shuts before wetting the bed, with he players we need there is possibly another 100 mill to be spent.

Doesn't matter when it was, what matters is he sticks to his statements or we have to question it.

Rather he was just honest with us

Yeah, is right. It's not like its been widely reported that he's put over £150,000,000 of his own money into the club.

Yeah, lets forget that since he bought into everton we've spent near enough £190,000,000 on players and 20,000,000 on staff. With how ever much spent on the under 23's.

But what has he done for us? Apart from bring people in who actually know hiw to run a business. Apart from bring in sponsorship after sponsorship and drastically increase our revenue. Apart from getting us a new stadium in a prime location that'll put the other lot to shame...

Oh, yeah and apart from have to bottle to get rid of that Spanish fraud no matter what it cost (and it cost 12,000,000 btw) and get us a good manager who's actually good. Who stopped everton being a joke. That gave our club some self respect back.

For the first time in a long time everton feel like they can do some damage to this leauge or Europe. Like we're actually building to something and that down to Moshiri.

But apart from that! What has he done for us?! Bloody romans

Last edited:
Yeah, is right. It's not like its been widely reported that he's put over £150,000,000 of his own money into the club.

Yeah, lets forget that since he bought into everton we've spent near enough £190,000,000 on players and 20,000,000 on staff. With how ever much spent on the under 23's.

But what has he done for us? Apart from bring people in who actually know hiw to run a business. Apart from bring in sponsorship after sponsorship and drastically increase our revenue. Apart from getting us a new stadium in a prime location that'll put the other lot to shame...

Oh, yeah and apart from have to bottle to get rid of that spanis charlatan no matter what it cost (and it cost 12,000,000 btw) and get us a good manager who's actually good. Who stopped everton being a joke. That gave our club some self respect back.

For the first time in a long time everton feel like they can do some damage to this leauge or Europe. Like we're actually building to something and that down to Moshiri.

But apart from that! What has he done for us?! Bloody romans

Reported.

I'm quite happy that we are quibbling over the £5m or so.... some people have short memories, once upon a time we got ourselves into big trouble by spending too much and when we didn't have money the £5m would have seemed like the earth.

Maybe some people are happy for us to be taken for mugs because we sold a player for almost as much money than the combined cost of swanseas first 11....

We are already offering £10m too much... he's 28/29. Its not Everton being ridiculous - Swansea rejecting £45m for a 28/29 year old who will reduce in value dramatically over the next 3 years is pretty crazy

I just think it's difficult to criticise anyone / anything without full details of the facts.
IF we want Sig' for instance, have the money and are not paying it / quibbling then of course we should criticise.
Despite what is written in the media, where entertainment is as important as factual representation, we don't have the foggiest.
Without knowing everything about everything, and I am certainly not advocating us doing our business in the public eye, I can't see how we can criticise OR applaud Moshiri at the moment.
Yeah that's my stance on it too.

I just think posts like that one I quoted are so frustrating. People trying to defend everything the club does isn't a healthy attitude, and it annoys me. Mistakes have definitely been made, hopefully they've been learnt from and we'll push on regardless but we'll see.

Yeah that's my stance on it too.

I just think posts like that one I quoted are so frustrating. People trying to defend everything the club does isn't a healthy attitude, and it annoys me. Mistakes have definitely been made, hopefully they've been learnt from and we'll push on regardless but we'll see.
Absolutely agree.

Wasn`t really that funny Chris now was it ........... be honest with yourself for once not just with the terrible
jokes but other club related issues as well, may help you understand others points of view, net spend for example ........

Net spend blah blah

Pipe down eddy, the self entitlement and BAWKness of you lot is unreal.

Maybe you'd be suited to a black and white striped shirt

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back