Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Pros so far:
  • Been proactive with certain things. Sacked Martinez, went and got Koeman and Walsh
  • Looks to have got us a deal for a new Stadium. If he lands us that at BMD then that alone will be worth it in my eyes and he will have been a huge success, regardless of how we perform on the pitch (providing we don't get relegated)
  • Hasn't took our identity away and realises that we're a family/community oriented club
  • Put money in to the club off the pitch
  • Tried to improve us commercially and with sponsorship deals e.g USM Finch Farm
Cons:
  • 2 disappointing Summer Transfer windows overall
  • Embarrassing transfer deadline days
  • Embarrassing interviews in the media
  • Hasn't really shown that we've got loads of money to spend unless we also sell our best players
I think he'll end up being better for us with the off the pitch stuff than on it, which is a shame because I had high hopes that he meant business on the pitch too. He's hopefully going to provide us with a new Stadium which is a huge positive though so overall I am still happy he's here.

get on you, banter king. not doomed, just very very rubbish, however you seem to think that is acceptable so crack on, enjoy getting twatted at anfield, the emirates, and anywhere else half decent, and dont forget the regular humiliations at goodison by anyone who can be bothered to turn up.

You mad, bro :drunk:

Pros so far:
  • Been proactive with certain things. Sacked Martinez, went and got Koeman and Walsh
  • Looks to have got us a deal for a new Stadium. If he lands us that at BMD then that alone will be worth it in my eyes and he will have been a huge success, regardless of how we perform on the pitch (providing we don't get relegated)
  • Hasn't took our identity away and realises that we're a family/community oriented club
  • Put money in to the club off the pitch
  • Tried to improve us commercially and with sponsorship deals e.g USM Finch Farm
Cons:
  • 2 disappointing Summer Transfer windows overall
  • Embarrassing transfer deadline days
  • Embarrassing interviews in the media
  • Hasn't really shown that we've got loads of money to spend unless we also sell our best players
I think he'll end up being better for us with the off the pitch stuff than on it, which is a shame because I had high hopes that he meant business on the pitch too. He's hopefully going to provide us with a new Stadium which is a huge positive though so overall I am still happy he's here.

lol

You are going to tell us who you would replace him with as it would be foolish to sack someone then start thinking about who would replace him!
TBH I don't care at this moment in time we would be better off with Unsworth as caretaker, I can't belive keeping Koeman in charge is going to achieve anything other than disaster, he has the same main fault Martinez has he has no idea how to fix thing when things aren't going right and digs himself deeper and deeper in a mess, for all his faults at least Moyes could stop the rot and turn things around. Even if Koeman does fix things it won't be very long before we are in a mess again.

At the time did you not think that was a good move though? I'm very surprised how Koeman's turned out, given how well he did with Southampton.

And Walsh was given a lot of credit at Leicester.

Not everything turns out well and it's easy to criticise in hindsight. Think getting them two at the time was the right move.

What Walsh did at Leicester is totally irrelevant

At the time did you not think that was a good move though? I'm very surprised how Koeman's turned out, given how well he did with Southampton.

Not everything turns out well and it's easy to criticise in hindsight. Think getting them two at the time was the right move.

No, I did not and posted as much on here at the time.

I could not understand why Moshiri was moving heaven and earth and chucking all kinds of dough at both Saints and Koeman because I personally could see no great star quality about him.....in common with many of our friends on here, it must be said.

Now, I will grant you I was more enthusiastic about Walsh coming on board.

And I am still keeping an open mind about him as none of us on here know the pecking order at Finch Farm re transfer targets so I am going by the evidence of my own eyes watching the absolute dross on the pitch, which is 100% Koeman's mess, to decide whom I think the biggest fraud is.

The football we are playing though is probably worse than 18 months ago, we are dire on the pitch.

Without a doubt.

It was about 18 months ago, the Arsenal home game in March 2016, that the whole Bobby thing really came to a head and the edifice started to crumble.

But up until then the football was better than what we have seen since April this year.

Even the infamous Hammers game when we lost the 2-0 lead due to the daft substitution, we played great that day with ten men for most the game.

It is just a shame Bobby couldn't be bothered about defence because his attacking ideas were a joy to watch at times ;)

This fellow can neither defend or attack :mad:

Without a doubt.

It was about 18 months ago, the Arsenal home game in March 2016, that the whole Bobby thing really came to a head and the edifice started to crumble.

But up until then the football was better than what we have seen since April this year.

Even the infamous Hammers game when we lost the 2-0 lead due to the daft substitution, we played great that day with ten men for most the game.

It is just a shame Bobby couldn't be bothered about defence because his attacking ideas were a joy to watch at times ;)

This fellow can neither defend or attack :mad:

Martinez was undone through stubbornness, naivity and lack of fitness coming together at once.

Presently it's difficult to pinpoint exactly where the problems begin and end. It's not just naivity though. We are poor.

I'd second Khals opinion there. I thought it was an unambitious and dull appointment and it worried me more hearing Moshiri describe Koeman as some kind of match to the other big name managers in the North West. It suggested another in the long line of rich men making football decisions when football is not their area of expertise.

I understood people getting behind the manager last season in what was an ok season and a decent recovery from the mess we were in. However I was a bit bemused at the people lauding him and shouting about how Ronny's got this and stuff like that.

New majority shareholder with lots of money....talk of a new stadium and the good times coming back. Hire Koeman... o_O The two things didn't match at all for me and took the wind out of any excitement I might have for this new era.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back