Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Handed a £6M contract offer to this chump of a manager and allowed him to walk back out on holiday to see if he could get better elsewhere.

Looking back on it with hindsight that just about summed up Moshiri and how much of a clueless soft touch he is.

He's a bean counter out of his depth.

Handed a £6M contract offer to this chump of a manager and allowed him to walk back out on holiday to see if he could get better elsewhere.

Looking back on it with hindsight that just about summed up Moshiri and how much of a clueless soft touch he is.

He's a bean counter out of his depth.

Surrounded by clowns who don't have a bean for him to count in comparison

I expect him dressed as a roman centurion on the pitch at Goodison tomorrow morning as the sun rises crucifying the entire first team training set up with the players forced to watch in the stands. He will be shouting Gladiator quotes and pacing up and down like a madman.

My big fear of coming into money was that we'd turn into a brainless club, overpaying for mediocre talent. We've seen Villa, Sunderland, West Ham etc etc go down this path.

Off the pitch things have improved so I'll credit them with that, the stadium project looks a lot more promising and it is great to finally have money to invest on the playing side.

We need to get more clever on the playing side. When you've got a manager signing players without a plan for how to use them you need to take control. Don't sign off on huge transfers unless there is a plan.

Start running it like you would a normal business. You wouldn't let an ice cream factory spend £85m on pizza ovens.

Since Sigurdsson's wonderstrike saved our blushes on August 24, our results have been catastrophic, and noone can argue that we have been in any way unlucky. This is a disaster of our own making.

If only we had lost that game to Hadjuk Split. Then at least we wouldn't have had to endure the humiliating European exit which has followed, and which will have contributed in some part to our desperate league form.

Two months is a long time to watch our season unravel. Koeman has had any number of chances by now to turn things around. There is no sign of us turning a corner, the crisis is still deepening. We've spent £150m and we're heading for a relegation dogfight - how is this possible ?

Even my cat knows that Koeman's time is up. The axe will fall because it has to, because for men like Moshiri business will always come before sentiment and loyalty. I suspect that we won't have to wait much longer.

Who would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Weird voiced, Grinch looking fool.

stufftoblowyourmind-23-2014-12-grinch1-feature.jpg

''Waves''

Yes I've been on the Absinthe. The turd one you get from Benidorm.

...not sure he can be blamed for any transfer dealings. He made all of the Lukaku monies available plus circa £50m. We are not Man City, we are not PSG but thankfully we no longer have a hand to mouth existence. The manager has a transfer envelope, it’s up to him how he spends it. The envelope has a limit.

I’m concerned, though, with progress on the ground. The funding stream appeared to be sorted within a very reasonable arrangement. Architect has been appointed for a while. I would hope a world class businessman would then make it happen. I’m not seeing any visibility on it.
Commonwealth Games / Birmingham??
aka, Plan A, no Plan B??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back