Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Commonwealth Games / Birmingham??
aka, Plan A, no Plan B??

..this I don’t understand, i’ve seen a few others raise it. Are you saying the funding stream was dependent on Liverpool securing the Commonwealth Games? If so, I wasn’t aware this was the case. I certainly don’t remember it being mentioned at the time.

The lack of progress is a concern, so this might well be a reason. It’s all doom and gloom.

Even more than that comprehensive humbling at the hands of Arsenal, the most alarming image yesterday for me was Moshiri sat there with a bemused smile on his face clapping at the end of the game and looking like he was another one of Bill's actor mates drafted in to help him out of a tight spot.

In one moment the whole of the last 18 months looked like a fantastically spun piss take and any hope that we may improve on and off the field was crushed.

Even more than that comprehensive humbling at the hands of Arsenal, the most alarming image yesterday for me was Moshiri sat there with a bemused smile on his face clapping at the end of the game and looking like he was another one of Bill's actor mates drafted in to help him out of a tight spot.

In one moment the whole of the last 18 months looked like a fantastically spun piss take and any hope that we may improve on and off the field was crushed.

Funnily enough it seems that the boards consistent silence on this matter has crystallized the wider fan base to an extent that they are looking at the board as root cause beyond the manager. They have badly misjudged this one and I smell blood.

Short of a better than expected managerial appointment, I don't think there is any way that Moshiri is coming out of this whole mess with his reputation intact, or better.

At the very least, he has failed to provide decisive leadership and take action in the clubs best interest.

I was prepared to accept a transitional period where Bill, Elstone, and the old board remained in situ however that has been an unsatisfactory situation from the outset and needs to end. I accept Moshiri's hand may have been forced in that regard and could countenance Bill remaining as chairman, but at the very least, Elstone should have been removed as CEO.

There is no hand on the till, and that means no accountability and no leadership. This is something that bedevils the whole club.

vic_reeves.webp

He's pointing to where he expects us to finish this season, the total fraud.

I wonder if he is thinking that now the Commonwealth Games money for the stadium is kaput he will use the
relegation `parachute` payments to fund a stadium .............

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back