Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He hired him in the first place.

That was his recruitment. Maybe he should have himself reassessed?

Along with many others, yourself included, he thought hiring Koeman would be a good move. Plainly he was wrong.

He does need to get the next manager right though, though, if we're honest, you need a fair slice of luck to get it right.

All you wet wipes who love Bill Kenwright why is it in 28 years of Everton have there’s been two constants Everton being absolute toilet and Bill Kenwright explain to me that.

We haven't been absolute toilet though.

We normally finish 7th and do better than any team outside the elite clubs that outspend us vastly.

There's so many fans who give BK stick all the time and blame all our woes on him but the reality is we don't spend or create enough money to demand success on a regular basis. The main reason for that isn't due to BK, it's due to our lack of success over a sustained period of time.

Neutral fans will just think we're delusional for expecting to win stuff all the time.

Presumably Moshiri is miffed right off at the moment, which is borne out by the Mirror piece saying he wants to look at how the club is run. Good. Only way to get this club on the up again is to sort out the whole system, top to bottom. A new manager won't change much in the long term.

We wouldn't be in this mess if he had done this in the first place.

Every Evertonian was hoping he'd fire Kenwright and Bill into the Sun. He didn't, he promoted one to the board and the other is pivotal in transfer negotiations.

Most people realised Lukaku was off since Jan. Line up a replacement before he leaves. Criminal management again.

Evertonians clambering for Unsworth because 'he gets us' - its bizarre. Give the job to someone who can get results not someone who is a blue.

Presumably Moshiri is miffed right off at the moment, which is borne out by the Mirror piece saying he wants to look at how the club is run. Good. Only way to get this club on the up again is to sort out the whole system, top to bottom. A new manager won't change much in the long term.

Cor blimey.....you would think that having spent so many millions buying the club the first thing he would have done when taking over was look at how the club was being run :blush:

If he is only doing it now, as per the Mirror story, I am scratching my head at such amateurism.

We haven't been absolute toilet though.

We normally finish 7th and do better than any team outside the elite clubs that outspend us vastly.

There's so many fans who give BK stick all the time and blame all our woes on him but the reality is we don't spend or create enough money to demand success on a regular basis. The main reason for that isn't due to BK, it's due to our lack of success over a sustained period of time.

Neutral fans will just think we're delusional for expecting to win stuff all the time.
And whose fault is that? The man has been here for 20 years and has leeched off of the club.

Had he of given up his train set and allowed Gregg to deliver Kings Dock stadium, who knows what we could have been doing now? We were a far bigger club than City and Chelsea at that time.

No, though, that wasn't good enough for Bill. One failed ground move was never going to be enough. Let's move onto the absolute joke that Destination Kirkby was. You'd think after TWO failed ground moves that he'd think that this football owning malarkey wasn't for him, nah, onto Walton Park and yet another failure.

Not only did he fail on the ground moves, but he sold all of our best players and hardly reinvested any money into the team. It's actually a miracle that we've survived this long.

There will still be the fans that will happy-clap him. I remember them doing it like their lives depended on it after the Blue Union march about 5 years ago. I hope they're happy that this utter failure is still here leeching from this once great club.

You're an embarrassment, Kenwright. Get out of the club and take Elstone and Woods with you.

We wouldn't be in this mess if he had done this in the first place.

Every Evertonian was hoping he'd fire Kenwright and Bill into the Sun. He didn't, he promoted one to the board and the other is pivotal in transfer negotiations.

---

Evertonians clambering for Unsworth because 'he gets us' - its bizarre. Give the job to someone who can get results not someone who is a blue.
Your last point inadvertantly contradicted your first. Quite simply, there was no chance for Moshiri to come in and fire all of the old board and clean house at the start. Why? Because he was an outsiders. Just as Evertonians are clambering for DU because "he gets us", so they would have cried foul and been massively upset if someone with no ties to Everton bought it and then immediately cleaned out everything Everton.

But, come in, give them all a chance for 2 years but also give fans a much higher level of hope and expectation, and if they falter now you have the ability to fire the board with fans ON your side rather than against you. It is just the same that you can just toss Unsworth aside as the manager after 1 match, but if he manages a few and we dont look vastly improved, fans will understand why we made an outside hire.

“I think it’s been a very busy transfer window. We’ve brought in a lot of new players. Especially in the attacking areas, the number ten position now as we have Klaasen, Sigurdsson, and Rooney. That is a position we have heavily strengthened.

“We’ve brought in the young striker Sandro Ramirez. We’d really like to give them a chance to gel, we have a lot of new players.

“It is not easy to break into that now but he is a good player, he is a world class player but he needs to play.”

“Bolasie and Coleman will be fit in October or November so it will be quite a strong squad. We might need a striker but we’ve brought in a young Croatian attacker.

“It’s quite a strong squad and we’re happy with the work we’ve done.

“We have a very good manager and we hope to finish at least in the top six."

lol

What concerns me most is that we've gone from 7th to being so much worse after all these new signings because Koeman and Walsh didn't properly identify the areas we needed to improve. Pickford has been our best signing, I think Keane is an improvement on the other centre halfs, especially with his age, and Vlasic looks promising. Rooney is a good addition as a squad player but it seems as though as we rely on him as the main man.

The Martina and Sandro signings look poor, but they were risk free due to the cost.

It's the £70m spent on Sigurdsson and Klaassen that's been our downfall. Both have no pace, both play in a similar position and rely on the team playing a certain style to get the best out of them. This team doesn't play to either of their strengths and we now have 2 overpriced ineffective players in our team when we needed to go and get a goalscorer or 2. We spent so much time on Sigurdsson when we should have been prioritising the striker and left back positions.

Along with many others, yourself included, he thought hiring Koeman would be a good move. Plainly he was wrong.

He does need to get the next manager right though, though, if we're honest, you need a fair slice of luck to get it right.
...but I'm not the one distancing myself from any poor judgement I made, he is.

I've stated many times here that I thought Koeman was the best we had on offer and went with that. A terrible misjudgement.

“I think it’s been a very busy transfer window. We’ve brought in a lot of new players. Especially in the attacking areas, the number ten position now as we have Klaasen, Sigurdsson, and Rooney. That is a position we have heavily strengthened.

“We’ve brought in the young striker Sandro Ramirez. We’d really like to give them a chance to gel, we have a lot of new players.

“It is not easy to break into that now but he is a good player, he is a world class player but he needs to play.”

“Bolasie and Coleman will be fit in October or November so it will be quite a strong squad. We might need a striker but we’ve brought in a young Croatian attacker.

“It’s quite a strong squad and we’re happy with the work we’ve done.

“We have a very good manager and we hope to finish at least in the top six."

lol

What concerns me most is that we've gone from 7th to being so much worse after all these new signings because Koeman and Walsh didn't properly identify the areas we needed to improve. Pickford has been our best signing, I think Keane is an improvement on the other centre halfs, especially with his age, and Vlasic looks promising. Rooney is a good addition as a squad player but it seems as though as we rely on him as the main man.

The Martina and Sandro signings look poor, but they were risk free due to the cost.

It's the £70m spent on Sigurdsson and Klaassen that's been our downfall. Both have no pace, both play in a similar position and rely on the team playing a certain style to get the best out of them. This team doesn't play to either of their strengths and we now have 2 overpriced ineffective players in our team when we needed to go and get a goalscorer or 2. We spent so much time on Sigurdsson when we should have been prioritising the striker and left back positions.
Ahem....Koeman had identified we needed a striker !
Spent all summer telling anyone that would listen it was a priority , plus a left sided centre back.
Right up until the final day of the window , lessons were not learnt from the Witzel fiasco the previous summer.
Chasing Giroud for far too long imo , should have moved on from him and persued other targets.
Plenty went wrong but cant blame Koeman over not identifying positions that needed urgent remedy.

Ahem....Koeman had identified we needed a striker !
Spent all summer telling anyone that would listen it was a priority , plus a left sided centre back.
Right up until the final day of the window , lessons were not learnt from the Witzel fiasco the previous summer.
Chasing Giroud for far too long imo , should have moved on from him and persued other targets.
Plenty went wrong but cant blame Koeman over not identifying positions that needed urgent remedy.

He was the manager so of course he can be blamed. Why didn't him and Walsh identify other back up targets instead of concentrating solely on Giroud and maybe 1 or 2 others? It's laughable for Koeman and Moshiri to claim that there were only a few strikers out there that we could have gone for in the whole of World Football.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back