Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He was the manager so of course he can be blamed. Why didn't him and Walsh identify other back up targets instead of concentrating solely on Giroud and maybe 1 or 2 others? It's laughable for Koeman and Moshiri to claim that there were only a few strikers out there that we could have gone for in the whole of World Football.
Jiminez & Costa were others , scrambling for them on the last day.
Koeman stated very early on he does not have anything to do with transfers only tells them the targets (with Walsh).
So in my book the people negotiating let him and the club down big time.The book firmly stop's at Kenwright et el .As we all know there's a long history of it.
Moshiri needs to sort it out rapidly.

Jiminez & Costa were others , scrambling for them on the last day.
Koeman stated very early on he does not have anything to do with transfers only tells them the targets (with Walsh).
So in my book the people negotiating let him and the club down big time.The book firmly stop's at Kenwright et el .As we all know there's a long history of it.
Moshiri needs to sort it out rapidly.
I'm sure I read something recently saying Koeman was telling players' agents in the summer that he was in charge of transfers

Well this past week has been a massive wake up call for the fan base hasn't It? We sell lukaku and so much excitement floods into the club, all these great players we are going after and the promise of more to come. A new dawn in the history of Everton football club......

3 months later we are clearly looking at bringing in San allardice as our new manager to stave of the very realistic threat of relegation already with the squad in shambles , nobody taking accountability other than koeman despite the message of how little he was involved in things. We lack key positions in the squad despite the money spent and have brought players in who just don't fit into a team. Essentially we have done the impossible and lost 1 player , signed 8 and become one of the worst teams in the league. Allardice being an option shows just how far we have fallen so quickly. The policy of signing players from clubs below us is in full effect.

What makes me wonder is how moshiri got us here. Why didn't anyone board level take stock of things at any point over the past 4 months? Why didn't anyone question transfers and how they would fit? Why has no-one questioned if the money being spent was value for money? Why didn't anyone review the existing squad and look to build it over simply signing the same position over and over?

The biggest question of all, why after we signed 4 number 10s and no striker, did no-one lose their job? It was already the second time that had happened so why the hell did no-one actually lose their job?

It makes me question the boards motives because for all the money generated and talks of new stadiums and what not there has clearly been a lack of interest in the team. Almost like that didn't matter at all on the scheme of things.

Well this past week has been a massive wake up call for the fan base hasn't It? We sell lukaku and so much excitement floods into the club, all these great players we are going after and the promise of more to come. A new dawn in the history of Everton football club......

3 months later we are clearly looking at bringing in San allardice as our new manager to stave of the very realistic threat of relegation already with the squad in shambles , nobody taking accountability other than koeman despite the message of how little he was involved in things. We lack key positions in the squad despite the money spent and have brought players in who just don't fit into a team. Essentially we have done the impossible and lost 1 player , signed 8 and become one of the worst teams in the league. Allardice being an option shows just how far we have fallen so quickly. The policy of signing players from clubs below us is in full effect.

What makes me wonder is how moshiri got us here. Why didn't anyone board level take stock of things at any point over the past 4 months? Why didn't anyone question transfers and how they would fit? Why has no-one questioned if the money being spent was value for money? Why didn't anyone review the existing squad and look to build it over simply signing the same position over and over?

The biggest question of all, why after we signed 4 number 10s and no striker, did no-one lose their job? It was already the second time that had happened so why the hell did no-one actually lose their job?

It makes me question the boards motives because for all the money generated and talks of new stadiums and what not there has clearly been a lack of interest in the team. Almost like that didn't matter at all on the scheme of things.

He did not!

Because the trust and faith was in Koeman who it was felt knew what he was doing, his responsibilty no one else and did he not lose his job?

He did not!

Because the trust and faith was in Koeman who it was felt knew what he was doing, his responsibilty no one else and did he not lose his job?

Didn't he? So as essentially the owner of the club he didn't stop and look at what was happening ? Perhaps question it like a normal owner would? After all it was ckub money beibg spent and wages bills being increased. Of course be knew what was going on and last time I checked he would have to rubber stamp all deals before they were to happen.

Koeman did lose his job and after all was said and done, what difference has it made? The issue here is the summer recruitment and koeman had very little involvement really. He may have identified the odd player but ultimately it was out of his hands. In fact I would go as far to say the hindsight tells us koeman was the fall guy for other people's failings and rather than admit mistakes, it's almost like koeman was thrown to the lions to appease fans despite the issues not stemming from him. After all we leak goals and can't score, he wanted both those positions and the board failed to get them.

Didn't he? So as essentially the owner of the club he didn't stop and look at what was happening ? Perhaps question it like a normal owner would? After all it was ckub money beibg spent and wages bills being increased. Of course be knew what was going on and last time I checked he would have to rubber stamp all deals before they were to happen.

Koeman did lose his job and after all was said and done, what difference has it made? The issue here is the summer recruitment and koeman had very little involvement really. He may have identified the odd player but ultimately it was out of his hands. In fact I would go as far to say the hindsight tells us koeman was the fall guy for other people's failings and rather than admit mistakes, it's almost like koeman was thrown to the lions to appease fans despite the issues not stemming from him. After all we leak goals and can't score, he wanted both those positions and the board failed to get them.

We are all entitled to how we view what has happened, the fact that we do not quite agree is one of those things. At the end of day we are still blue and want the best for our club. Let us hope that what ever now happens we can get out of this mess.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back