Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think he was likely a unanimous choice likely, but I think it was Koeman and Mosh driven, given the fee and level of negotiation involved.
Don't think we can rope Moshiri into this one,he's an accountant not a manager or scout.He backed Koeman who had just got us back into Europe.I imagine he's as shocked as we are how badly it's all gone so quickly.

but I'm not the one distancing myself from any poor judgement I made, he is.

I don't really get what you're saying here mate.

Moshiri doesn't say much publicly, and, tbh, when he does he makes a hash of it, but I don't recall him distancing himself from the decision ?

Bottom line is, for whatever reason, what looked like a decent decision didn't work out, so Koeman's been fired. When a boss hires someone, and then, not long after, fires them, they might not shout from the rafters "I got it wrong", but that's what they're saying.

There are legitimate sticks to beat Moshiri with, but I don't think this is one of them.

Don't think we can rope Moshiri into this one,he's an accountant not a manager or scout.He backed Koeman who had just got us back into Europe.I imagine he's as shocked as we are how badly it's all gone so quickly.

I think everyone at the club is capable to a degree mate, more so the further you go up the ladder. I don’t think anyone is acting with bad intentions, but I believe there are competing influences in the club that undermine cohesive decision making and strategy.

I don't really get what you're saying here mate.

Moshiri doesn't say much publicly, and, tbh, when he does he makes a hash of it, but I don't recall him distancing himself from the decision ?

Bottom line is, for whatever reason, what looked like a decent decision didn't work out, so Koeman's been fired. When a boss hires someone, and then, not long after, fires them, they might not shout from the rafters "I got it wrong", but that's what they're saying.

There are legitimate sticks to beat Moshiri with, but I don't think this is one of them.
When it's said that the owner of a business is looking to carry out a root and branch assessment of their business they're not including themselves. The clear implication is that someone down the line ballsed things up and there's no flies on him.

He is in deflect mode because he knows most of us are looking at the top and finding it wanting.

I think everyone at the club is capable to a degree mate, more so the further you go up the ladder. I don’t think anyone is acting with bad intentions, but I believe there are competing influences in the club that undermine cohesive decision making and strategy.
We are all looking around to see where it started to go wrong,Moshiri provided the money Koeman asked for.We can dwell on the transfer strategy (or lack of) but Moshiri couldn't force Lukaku or Barkley to sign contracts or Giroud to sign.He has nothing to do with Colemans injury or Ramirez and Klassen looking good signings and now looking clueless.

Which is the ultimate premise I understand that, like I say he had nothing to fall back on and his attitude created zero good will to see him through adversity.

I don’t think he was the root cause though, I believe there is competing agendas, choices, influences and a lack of clear and decisive decisions being made higher up the food chain within the club.

Our recruitment and lack there off this summer is a case in point.

The board and power brokers at Everton need to be streamlined.

We are in danger of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory, with how we are going about blowing our new found resources due to competing influences within the club.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but if it looks fishy, smells fishy and acts fishy, it’s likely not a parrot.
You wont find a bigger critic of the board and officers of the club than me mate. However, the facts are that Koeman was given a massive amount of money and he had the choice to spend cash on a couple of CBs and above all a FW who could lead the attack. He didn't choose to make all those purchases and instead spent way over the odds for a number of other players - many of whom simply replicated what we had already.

No matter what the failings of the chain of command the shortcomings of those football decisions cant be seen as an outcome of them.

When it's said that the owner of a business is looking to carry out a root and branch assessment of their business they're not including themselves. The clear implication is that someone down the line ballsed things up and there's no flies on him.

He is in deflect mode because he knows most of us are looking at the top and finding it wanting.
Yes.....He can't hide away from the fact that Koeman, and all that led to , was his choice .

You wont find a bigger critic of the board and officers of the club than me mate. However, the facts are that Koeman was given a massive amount of money and he had the choice to spend cash on a couple of CBs and above all a FW who could lead the attack. He didn't choose to make all those purchases and instead spent way over the odds for a number of other players - many of whom simply replicated what we had already.

No matter what the failings of the chain of command the shortcomings of those football decisions cant be seen as an outcome of them.

Historically for an Everton manager I agree, I do think at no other time in our history does a manager wield so little influence in decision making in recruitment. Don’t get me wrong I do think they have a significant input and assent. But I think it’s a collective cummilitive effort.

I think we have competing influences in the club hierarchy and because of that we have a mixed up mess of a soup in terms of a playing squad.

I don’t even think we recruited poorly I am happy with the quality of player bar Klassen, but it looks what it probably is an imbalanced squad that poorly fits, evident of the competing influences in the footballing dept, board and owner.

I don’t think one person is culpable I.e. Koeman, nor do I think his sacking will fix the root cause, I think he had to go after loosing the players, fans and club, but much of what I feel was the root cause is still in place and as such I think we are in for a dismal time until Jan at best.

Last edited:

Evening Toffee.

We signed Iceland on 16th August, in every single press conference before and after that date Koeman stated time and time again he doesnt involve himself in transfers and said he was hoping to sign a left sided CB and a Striker, he was let down on a grand scale and it cost him his job, the others involved in this downright fraud, thats what it is, fraud on a grand scale, they still have their jobs.

Shocking.

Evening Toffee.

We signed Iceland on 16th August, in every single press conference before and after that date Koeman stated time and time again he doesnt involve himself in transfers and said he was hoping to sign a left sided CB and a Striker, he was let down on a grand scale and it cost him his job, the others involved in this downright fraud, thats what it is, fraud on a grand scale, they still have their jobs.

Shocking.

Yep, pretty much as I see it.

We’ve just moved the deck chairs around on the titanic at the moment.

Evening Toffee.

Shocking.
Walsh yeah goat

Evening Toffee.

Shocking.

End of the window -
“I cannot explain why (we didn’t sign a striker). I thought we had our option one in, and I was really disappointed by that.

"You need to understand that you can have option two, option three...and the right price for the right player is something we need to look at as well. Sometimes if you are interested in a player, then you know what they ask for that player is ridiculous.

“To get the first option as a striker in this team would have made the team stronger."

They all agreed to not to buy anyone else other than Grioud.

We've just spent £45mill on Siggurdson.

The picture being painted is Sigurdsson was more important than overpaying for anyone other than Grioud.

Historically for an Everton manager I agree, I do think at no other time in our history does a manager wield so little influence in decision making in recruitment. Don’t get me wrong I do think they have a significant input and assent. But I think it’s a collective cummilitive effort.

I think we have competing influences in the club hierarchy and because of that we have a mixed up mess of a soup in terms of a playing squad.

I don’t even think we recruited poorly I am happy with the quality of player bar Klassen, but it looks what it probably is an imbalanced squad that poorly fits, evident of the competing influences in the footballing dept, board and owner.

I don’t think one person is cyppible I.e. Koeman, nor do I think his sacking will fix the root cause, I think he had to go after loosing the players, fans and clubs, but much of what I feel was the root cause is still in place and as such I think we are in for a dismal time until Jan at best.
Thing is though, Koeman signed up gladly to that because he'd worked with DoF abroad and at S'ton.

I think he felt it was a nice way of muddying the water if things went wrong. But he figured wrong.

I have some sympathy with your point regarding the confusion over who does what at all levels of control at the club and maybe the managerial situation is part of that. But I honestly cant see any way around the fact the last manager had a couple of hundred million to spend and he's either flushed it down the toilet on tat or else bought mindlessly with first team building in mind.

Evening Toffee.

Shocking.

He was presented with players and he rejected them.

Horses mouth.

No hiding place for that incompetent.

He's half killed this club.

You know what Moyes did to United? Koeman has trumped that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back