Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
ITKs.webp

To back up young davek

His horses mouth is spot on won't name sources but will go as far to say that I was told similar by a agent who knows him and how his team work (from koeman to his staff)

Believe me Everton off the pitch we're more split than you can imagine

Koeman Walsh relationship was none existent
Fell apart during the Memphis delay transfer (solely a koeman target and a deal was agreed with Utd Walsh advised not to pay the money loan him and watch him )

Lookman bore the brunt of koemans frustration as he wasn't depay

Martina was a koeman signing as we're klaasan and gylfi

Koemans signings were all negotiated through koeman and his legal advisors

Walsh had nothing to do with them
He did Pickford Keane vlassic and a few youth signings

Basically 2 separate teams did our business this summer

Also told koeman said he wouldn't play 2 forwards Walsh wanted to bring in

And Rooney was solely done by kenwright and moshiri
That's frightening that but not surprising the whole recruitment seemed clouded. Ultimately moshiri has to take the blame for allowing that situation to happen and moving on he needs to headhunt a proper ceo a David gill type of stature or else the same situation and mistakes will keep happening

That's frightening that but not surprising the whole recruitment seemed clouded. Ultimately moshiri has to take the blame for allowing that situation to happen and moving on he needs to headhunt a proper ceo a David gill type of stature or else the same situation and mistakes will keep happening

Or better still buy the remaining shares and finally get rid of the person who's holding this club back and has done for years and years and his merry men.

I've no idea what exactly went on and the intricacies of individual transfers. But it's fair to say that the overall strategy was shambolic, and Walsh and Koeman were a dreadful duo.

Personally I feel Walsh has failed miserably and should have been out the door with Koeman. But if he's going to be allowed to stay then his role needs to be made very clear, and the new manager needs to know the relationship involved and be suited to working with SW

Or better still buy the remaining shares and finally get rid of the person who's holding this club back and has done for years and years and his merry men.
Definitely that would be the first thing I would have done and that's the thing that makes me suspicious of moshiri that he has allowed kenwright and elstone to have any say on the day to day running of the club

What’s clear is that there are simply too many people with an input on transfers to make any “policy” coherent and effective.

Fundamentally, the manager needs to have the final say and a veto if required on players joining/leaving the first team squad.

Walsh seems to be little more than the “glorified scout” some people suspected he would be. Too much involvement in transfers and too little elsewhere. If he was taken seriously in other areas he would have plenty to do without that.

Nor do we need a CEO in the traditional sense whilst employing a DOF. The DOF should be on the board and isn’t. More confusion. The CEO really needs no input in transfers or the process of signings. We could get by with one or the other, but don’t need both.

This is without mentioning Kenwright and him throwing his opinions in as well.

Very easy then to see how they made a balls of spending £140m.
Not appealing to potential candidates for manager either, at least not those who want to give themselves a shot at success.

Difficult calls all round for Moshiri- can and will he make them?

For a multi million pound/dollar business in a worldwide multi billion pound/dollar industry, Everton sometimes give the impression they are running a small, local corner shop, on a small out of the way cobble stoned urban street, where everyday dramas play out among ordinary people.

We’ve been amateurish since we last won the league. Pathetic decisions on and off the field and people happy to sit on their laurels.

Everyone else moved forward while we stood still.

Last edited:

Not claiming to be itk

But the lad I know is a agent who works for a well known Agency

Had dealings with Everton during koeman Walsh era

Says it was tough dealing with them as you didn't know who was brokering which deal at times

But all of what you're saying about problems outside of the manager are always there to be said with any sacking of a manager down the years - whether the club had needless levels of bureaucracy to it or not. Those mitigating circumstances can always be reached for.

It's accepted without reflection that a manager is not the only issue. Lack of financial backing for the manager or pressure from above, or players downing tools are often typically used to spread the blame around. However, when it comes down to it we turn and point at the manager, and with good reason for most of the time...this one being one of them....because they are charged with leading the club, and if they dont do it under more than fortuitous circumstances they are rightly sacked.

I don’t really agree with you there mate I think every sacking needs to be looked at in its individual context and club culture. I’m also not arguing that Koeman should have stayed.

My point isn’t about beureaucracy either, the heart of this lies with the power brokers. I think your looking at this with a historical eye. Everton traditionally followed a model of the manager having ultimate control and consequence, Moshiri brought in a different model of a first team coach and DOF. This model works reasonably successfully at say City and Chelsea historically. The idea behind it as the manager in a lot of ways in consequential, Chelsea have one almost everything in the game with this model, regardless of the coach. The premise is if the the club, owner, board, DOF have one collective goal and structure that the reliance on a first team manager is mitigated. If executed properly it can be effective.

In our first foray into this model it’s been a disaster, my opinion it’s the disparity in approach and competing influences of the owner and chairman, there are no clear lines of authority, decision making or demarcation its very unclear. You have a DOF and first team coach feeding off that.

If the job was as simple as setting up the team I’d be delighted. Koeman was a nuts and bolt manager, pragmatic but proven to a certain level. But not overly talented to mark himself as exceptional, he was a stage of development I’m sure. He’s an easy scapegoat, but I don’t agree with you that he is wholly, he didn’t help himself mind.

Like I say I think this goes up the line, the needs for a new first team manager are irrelevant and a smoke screen, compared to the need for clear lines of authority, decision making, strategy and philosphey between the club power brokers.

The mess we find ourselves in is down to at least two competing influences in the owner and chairman and no single clear shared vision, that has undermined all the positions beneath.

Hope your right though and it was just Koeman, but honestly I think not.

Last edited:
I don’t really agree with you there mate I think every sacking needs to be looked at in its individual context and club culture. I’m also not arguing that Koeman should have stayed.

My point isn’t about beureaucracy either, the heart of this lies min the power brokers. I think your looking at this with a historical eye. Everton traditionally followed a model of the manager having ultimate control and consequence, Moshiri brought in a different model of a first team coach and DOF. This model works reassbly successfully at say City and Chelsea historically. The idea behind it as the manager in a lot of ways in consequential, Chelsea have one almost everything in the game with this model, regardless of the coach. The premise is if the the club, owner, board, DOF have one collective goal and structure that the reliance on a first team manager is mitigated. If executed properly it can be effective.

In our first foray into this model it’s been a disaster, my opinion it’s the disparity in approach and competing influences of the owner and chairman, there are no clear lines of authority, decision making or demarcation its very unclear. You have a DOF and first team coach feeding off that.

If the job was as simple as setting up the team I’d be delighted. Koeman was a nuts and bolt manager, pragmatic but proven to a certain level. But not overly talented to mark himself as exceptional, he was a stage of development I’m sure. He’s an easy scapegoat, but I don’t agree with you that he is wholly, he didn’t help himself mind.

Like I say I think this goes up the line, the needs for a new first team manager are irrelevant and a smoke screen, compared to the need for clear lines of authority, decision making, strategy and philosphey between the club power brokers.

The mess we find ourselves in is down to at least two competing influences in the owner and chairman and no single clear shared vision, that has undermined all the positions beneath.

Hope your right though and it was just Koeman, but honestly I think not.
Bottom line for me is that he was at the heart of the last three transfer windows either directly targeting players and signing them or sanctioning them when suggested by others.

He got £6M per season for making that all fit together and work but it's an utter mess. We have now one of the worst teams we've had for a decade and a half having spent £200M.

It is the most obvious example of a manager overseeing the destruction of a football club as you're ever likely to see. This isn't even close to being debatable or indistinct as to who takes the blame. Ronald Koeman made all the major footballing decisions and he's put us back a decade. It's down to him and the rest is just window dressing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back