Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Bottom line for me is that he was at the heart of the last three transfer windows either directly targeting players and signing them or sanctioning them when suggested by others.

He got £6M per season for making that all fit together and work but it's an utter mess. We have now one of the worst teams we've had for a decade and a half having spent £200M.

It is the most obvious example of a manager overseeing the destruction of a football club as you're ever likely to see. This isn't even close to being debatable or indistinct as to who takes the blame. Ronald Koeman made all the major footballing decisions and he's put us back a decade. It's down to him and the rest is just window dressing.

I disagree mate. I suspect you do. Certainly he bears some responsibility, but this is a multifaciteted problem for me and not simply down to a football manager.

Ha but I know you’ve been pushing the Martinez Vs Koeman thing for a while, so grandstand away and have the narrative. :dance::drunk:

It’s your day friend.lol:cheers:

Last edited:
There was a protest against the board at Rangers a few years ago, when a few fans burst into the main reception at Ibrox, and unfurled a banner saying Rangers FC Supported By Fans Directed By Parasites.I think that sums up our problems really.Everton is a great club, with great fans and a great history.But we are being run by parasites, and those parasites are sucking the lifeblood out of this club.Moshiri is just another vulture feasting on our carcass imo.

Football is a tough business, Moshiri is learning the hard way. One thing he (and koeman) needs to learn is that progress needs to be slow. Spurs took a while to get to where they are now after they sold Bale.

It's proper hearsay that. But one things for sure, if Blue Bill is involved then it will be a horrific appointment of some no mark and we're in trouble.
Tim, he's involved in everything at Goodison. Nothing has changed. Transfers, especially keeping players, bringing his boy back and guaranteeing him a start and now his choice of manager.

Well its Bill's appointment for sure.

This is what is fundamentally wrong with the FM-BK relationship, as it was with Koeman/Walsh.

You had your way last time. Now it's my turn. Rinse, repeat.

Last 3 clubs raided by Bill for managers - Preston, Wigan, Burnley.

Moshiri had the nerve, the cheek to nick from Soton.

Time for cool heads and it might just be that the next few months see the start of a change in power at Goodison. So far it looks like Moshiri and BK have been trying to run the club in harmony, advised by the 'football expert' in Steve Walsh. Ultimately though I think that you need one person making the final decisions and Moshiri as the biggest shareholder probably needs to get hold of the club properly now. It might be that this was always the plan but the time to act has arrived sooner than expected on the back of a dreadful start to the season.

I am not at all surprised by where we are - a combination of the horrendous PL fixture list, unfortunate Europa draw but also the decision not to bring in another young centre back over the summer has left us horribly exposed for what we are...an experienced but ageing, slow defence. Williams is no Distin in terms of his athleticism whilst Jags has been on his way out for some time. Not recruiting a centre forward was shocking but to leave us with essentially 3 recognized centre backs (Funes Mori injured) was a terrible error by the whole club.

I am fearful of this next appointment. The list of candidates available is not great but Moshiri has to get it right. If not then I can see a long season ahead and the possibility of Everton having multiple managers in one season.

Well its Bill's appointment for sure.

This is what is fundamentally wrong with the FM-BK relationship, as it was with Koeman/Walsh.

You had your way last time. Now it's my turn. Rinse, repeat.

Last 3 clubs raided by Bill for managers - Preston, Wigan, Burnley.

Moshiri had the nerve, the cheek to nick from Soton.

Bill seems to have this glazed eyes look when he appoints new managers and think it's always going to be fairytale.

OF course, we are the only best of the rest club who will take a chance on young managers, and that's a nice thing too, but Koeman felt like next level stuff. We now need to convince a Benitez style manager to take a chance on us.

Bill seems to have this glazed eyes look when he appoints new managers and think it's always going to be fairytale.

OF course, we are the only best of the rest club who will take a chance on young managers, and that's a nice thing too, but Koeman felt like next level stuff. We now need to convince a Benitez style manager to take a chance on us.

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CRINGWORTHY PRESSER ME

It's amazing that Bill is getting all the blame for this given the following
Moshiri appointed Koeman
Moshiri decided we had to split responsibility for transfers
Moshiri has no judgment ((Jim White)
Moshiri isn't going to be investing in Everton at all, just fattening the calf before the big sell off

Hopefully he is feeling shamefaced enough to keep a low profile and let Bill right the ship cos if we allow this idiot to make one more crass move or lose another hundred million we will be relegated

It's amazing that Bill is getting all the blame for this given the following
Moshiri appointed Koeman
Moshiri decided we had to split responsibility for transfers
Moshiri has no judgment ((Jim White)
Moshiri isn't going to be investing in Everton at all, just fattening the calf before the big sell off

Hopefully he is feeling shamefaced enough to keep a low profile and let Bill right the ship cos if we allow this idiot to make one more crass move or lose another hundred million we will be relegated
Plenty of sticks to beat Moshiri with but lack of investment is not one of them.
If by 'fattening the calf' you mean give us a new stadium, who cares if he sells afterwards?!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back