Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You wont find a bigger critic of the board and officers of the club than me mate. However, the facts are that Koeman was given a massive amount of money and he had the choice to spend cash on a couple of CBs and above all a FW who could lead the attack. He didn't choose to make all those purchases and instead spent way over the odds for a number of other players - many of whom simply replicated what we had already.

No matter what the failings of the chain of command the shortcomings of those football decisions cant be seen as an outcome of them.

Surely he needs to shows some balls now and become majority owner no? Should be stepping up and stamping his authority on the club. At the moment it's all wishy washy and runs right down the club to pitch level.

Surely he needs to shows some balls now and become majority owner no? Should be stepping up and stamping his authority on the club. At the moment it's all wishy washy and runs right down the club to pitch level.
I know there's been answers as to why he isn't majority owner but I think it adds to the instability...like he's half in and half out the club.

I know there's been answers as to why he isn't majority owner but I think it adds to the instability...like he's half in and half out the club.

To me everton is run like a social club and has been for decades without direction. Which I think directly leads to the disconnect between manager and dof on transfers which is why we're in such a mess.

I do not understand why some of you still think Koeman is exclusively responsible for recruitment.

But regardless, his inflexibility around tactics was the reason he was canned. And frankly, if we HAD gotten a CF and a CB that would have enabled him to play HIS SYSTEM, we would be doing better, but still with a manager that is not a good enough tactician to crack the top 6. About the only good thing about this situation is that we found that out, albeit the hard way.

Evening Toffee.

We signed Iceland on 16th August, in every single press conference before and after that date Koeman stated time and time again he doesnt involve himself in transfers and said he was hoping to sign a left sided CB and a Striker, he was let down on a grand scale and it cost him his job, the others involved in this downright fraud, thats what it is, fraud on a grand scale, they still have their jobs.

Shocking.
I can't help but get a Halloween inspired image in my head of Dr Frankenstein (Koeman), giving Egor and the grave robbers (Walsh and the transfer committee) his shopping list for body parts.
When the lightening strikes (the season kicks off), and the assembled creature is charged with life, it is suddenly realized by all just how utterly horrific is the monster they have created.

0928-frankenstein-moon.jpg

Alive! Alive! It's... ALIVE!

Thing is though, Koeman signed up gladly to that because he'd worked with DoF abroad and at S'ton.

I think he felt it was a nice way of muddying the water if things went wrong. But he figured wrong.

I have some sympathy with your point regarding the confusion over who does what at all levels of control at the club and maybe the managerial situation is part of that. But I honestly cant see any way around the fact the last manager had a couple of hundred million to spend and he's either flushed it down the toilet on tat or else bought mindlessly with first team building in mind.

True, but we are in an unusual situation at boardroom/ownership level as opposed to Southampton in the sense an owner/chairman for the last 20 odd years still is chairman of the board making decisions. The defecto owner is bankrolling recruitment and sets out very publicly an ambitious recruitment programme to balm a very publicly stated ambition and a director of football has their two cents in recruitment, everyone has something they need to justify.

Seems everyone got a little something in terms of recruitment especially in the no 10 position, with no streamlined or singularity in decision making. That’s essentially what happened but with no blend or vision of implementation, we all know the gaping hole that wasn’t filled, but that also stinks of a lack of cohesion and leadership in the club hierarchy, also no single sense of accountability.

I accept ultimately the manger is the low hanging fruit in terms of decision making and results, I don’t have a problem with his dismissal. I just don’t think poor football management is the root cause to this mess.

On reflection though I just don’t believe Koeman is the single root cause for an imbalanced playing squad or for all the decisions made. I think the fact that threads here are littered with terms like Koeman signing, Walsh signing, Kenwright signing and Mosh signing illustrates what the competing influences are in the club hierarchy and the impact that has on a DOF and coach.

It starts at the top poor processes and practices at the top of any organization always filter down to the lower levels, which in this case is for me where the fault lies in the competing influences.

I wish it was as simple as sacking Koeman and our fortunes being reversed, I don’t believe it is though.

Our problems are a confused share ownership at the top, the competing influences and roles that creates and the impact that has on a relatively new model at Everton in terms of a DOF and coach.

Last edited:
He was presented with players and he rejected them.

Horses mouth.

No hiding place for that incompetent.

He's half killed this club.

You know what Moyes did to United? Koeman has trumped that.

To back up young davek

His horses mouth is spot on won't name sources but will go as far to say that I was told similar by a agent who knows him and how his team work (from koeman to his staff)

Believe me Everton off the pitch we're more split than you can imagine

Koeman Walsh relationship was none existent
Fell apart during the Memphis delay transfer (solely a koeman target and a deal was agreed with Utd Walsh advised not to pay the money loan him and watch him )

Lookman bore the brunt of koemans frustration as he wasn't depay

Martina was a koeman signing as we're klaasan and gylfi

Koemans signings were all negotiated through koeman and his legal advisors

Walsh had nothing to do with them
He did Pickford Keane vlassic and a few youth signings

Basically 2 separate teams did our business this summer

Also told koeman said he wouldn't play 2 forwards Walsh wanted to bring in

And Rooney was solely done by kenwright and moshiri

True, but we are in an unusual situation at boardroom level in the sense an owner/chairman for the last 20 odd years still is chairman of the board making decisions, the defecto owner very publicly sets out an ambitious recruitment programme to balm a very publicly stated ambition and a director of football has two sense in recruitment. Seems everyone got a little something in terms of recruitment especially in the no 10 position, with no streamlined or singularity in decision making.

I accept ultimately the manger is the low hanging fruit in terms of decision making, I don’t have a problem with his dismissal.

On reflection though I just don’t believe he is the single root cause for an imbalanced playing squad or decisions made. I think the fact that threads here are littere with terms like Koeman signing, Walsh signing, Kenwright signing and Mosh signing illustrates what the competing influences are in the club hierarchy and the impact that has on a DOF and coach.

It starts at the top though, poor processes and practices at the top of any organization always filter down to the lower levels, which in this case is for me where the fault lies in the competing influences.

I wish it was as simple as sacking Koeman and our fortunes being reversed, I don’t believe it is though.

Our problems are a confused share ownership at the top, the competing influences and roles that creates and the impact that has on a relatively new model at Everton in terms of a DOF and coach.
But all of what you're saying about problems outside of the manager are always there to be said with any sacking of a manager down the years - whether the club had needless levels of bureaucracy to it or not. Those mitigating circumstances can always be reached for.

It's accepted without reflection that a manager is not the only issue. Lack of financial backing for the manager or pressure from above, or players downing tools are often typically used to spread the blame around. However, when it comes down to it we turn and point at the manager, and with good reason for most of the time...this one being one of them....because they are charged with leading the club, and if they dont do it under more than fortuitous circumstances they are rightly sacked.

I know JB ain't flavor of the month !! He said this after the window shut, unfortunately his head wasn't in it........

Barton believes Bill Kenwright blocked Everton’s pursuit of a new striker at the end of the transfer window.

The Goodison Park club cashed in on top scorer Romelu Lukaku when they sold him to united in the summer, taking rooney in return, and they also signed Sandro Ramirez from Malaga.

But Barton feels manager koeman was expecting further reinforcements, and has revealed he understands Kenwright stopped any more spending.

Co-hosting the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast alongside Jeff Stelling, Everton fan Barton said: “I think Koeman was trying to get in another striker, and if it had been down to him he would have. They wanted and identified targets to try to bring in.

“I think the issue was Kenwright, from what I gather. He’s still the custodian in terms of being chairman. Koeman and [Farhad] Moshiri thought they would have money to spend but Kenwright was wanting to watch the budget, and didn’t want to over-spend.”

To back up young davek

His horses mouth is spot on won't name sources but will go as far to say that I was told similar by a agent who knows him and how his team work (from koeman to his staff)

Fell apart during the Memphis delay transfer (solely a koeman target and a deal was agreed with Utd Walsh advised not to pay the money loan him and watch him )

So three parties doing transfers ?!!

From what I understand BK has been heavily involved in a lot and there is no way Moshiri would sign off on upwards of 70m on the say so of Koeman and his agency. Said agency messing up Memphis transfer.

I know JB ain't flavor of the month !! He said this after the window shut, unfortunately his head wasn't in it........

Barton believes Bill Kenwright blocked Everton’s pursuit of a new striker at the end of the transfer window.

The Goodison Park club cashed in on top scorer Romelu Lukaku when they sold him to united in the summer, taking rooney in return, and they also signed Sandro Ramirez from Malaga.

But Barton feels manager koeman was expecting further reinforcements, and has revealed he understands Kenwright stopped any more spending.

Co-hosting the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast alongside Jeff Stelling, Everton fan Barton said: “I think Koeman was trying to get in another striker, and if it had been down to him he would have. They wanted and identified targets to try to bring in.

“I think the issue was Kenwright, from what I gather. He’s still the custodian in terms of being chairman. Koeman and [Farhad] Moshiri thought they would have money to spend but Kenwright was wanting to watch the budget, and didn’t want to over-spend.”
TalkSPORT have been forced to apologise to Everton and Blues chairman Bill Kenwright this week, for comments made by childhood Evertonian Joey Barton about the club.

Right up to the close of the transfer window Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and owner Farhad Moshiri had worked closely together to try and deliver the striker manager Ronald Koeman had targeted to complete a summer of excellent business for the Toffees.

Joey, however, expressed a view which alleged something altogether different.

Alan Brazil, for whom Jeff Stelling was standing in on the morning in question, was forced to read out on the show an apology to Everton and to Bill KenwrightHe said: “A little apology here to Everton Football Club. Last week on the Sports Breakfast we discussed Everton’s transfer policy in the recent window

.“A view was expressed on the programme regarding the failure to sign a striker at the end of the transfer window
“Everton Football Club have informed us this was totally untrue, they say, and entirely without foundation and that the chairman and the owner worked side by side with one another to the last minutes of the window to secure a striker, just as they had done throughout the window.

“We are happy to broadcast this right of reply and apologise to Everton and Bill Kenwright.”

:coffee:

So three parties doing transfers ?!!

From what I understand BK has been heavily involved in a lot and there is no way Moshiri would sign off on upwards of 70m on the say so of Koeman and his agency. Said agency messing up Memphis transfer.

Not so much 3 Rooney would/should have happened in January and was already a as good as done

To back up young davek

Blows a massive hole through the belief Koeman had the hands off approach to transfers - a scenario he let us believe was the case.

@MorgsGoat

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back