Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's not a real thing mate. It's not like re7placing your left back, managers don't get left until their replacement arrives

To be honest mate, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. And whether or not it's a 'real thing' is irrelevant.... we're all speculating and simultaneously driving ourselves around the bend. On top of which we're throwing abuse out left, right and centre at people over things that may or may not have happened.

The only thing we know for certain is that it's taken longer than anyone would've wanted to appoint a new manager.... BUT like most people I'll have no issue with this if it means we get the right person.

To be honest mate, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. And whether or not it's a 'real thing' is irrelevant.... we're all speculating and simultaneously driving ourselves around the bend. On top of which we're throwing abuse out left, right and centre at people over things that may or may not have happened.

The only thing we know for certain is that it's taken longer than anyone would've wanted to appoint a new manager.... BUT like most people I'll have no issue with this if it means we get the right person.
Spot on mate.

Spot on mate.

Cheers mate.
I think like everyone, I'm frustrated as hell at all the ridicule that the club is getting from the media and other supporters... and the knee jerk reaction is to blame the board for their incompetence.... but really all of this is being driven by rhetoric and headlines for pundits whose jobs are to capture attention - and not to make salient comments about the situation.

So many Everton fans with their backs up because of how people are talking about the club (and i'm sure are getting the same levels of stick from other supporters as I am).... this has resulted in some seriously embarassing exchanges online with Watford fans. I said this elsewhere, but some of the BS I saw being spouted by Evertonians online is an absolute carbon copy of the attitude Chelsea fans had towards us during the Stones sage. I get why people are acting like this but truthfully, you're creating your own stress and Watford fans are only going to react one way when you belittle them.

..I think it’s a very valid point to now say the appointment of Koeman was a disaster. I’m hoping that our problems are mainly down to that mistake.

Are you still of the opinion that we should stick with Unsworth until the end of the season because he’ll get us to mid-table?
I'm only concerned with the PL as a yardstick on Unsworth. He's had a nightmare to walk into and found it tough going preparing for two games a week. It's overwhelming for anyone coming in to that situation.

The effort and energy and fight have all been exhibited in those games that are most important to us. If we got a win on Sunday we'd be looking - when all is said and done - at our best league run since about March last season. How that could be conceived of as a failure under the circumstances I really dont know.

But it sounds like the owner and some fans want a shiny brand new manager with a flashy name they can impress other people with.

Me? I'm just concerned at getting 40 points on the board and writing this season off and starting afresh next summer.

I'm only concerned with the PL as a yardstick on Unsworth. He's had a nightmare to walk into and found it tough going preparing for two games a week. It's overwhelming for anyone coming in to that situation.

The effort and energy and fight have all been exhibited in those games that are most important to us. If we got a win on Sunday we'd be looking - when all is said and done - at our best league run since about March last season. How that could be conceived of as a failure under the circumstances I really dont know.

But it sounds like the owner and some fans want a shiny brand new manager with a flashy name they can impress other people with.

Me? I'm just concerned at getting 40 points on the board and writing this season off and starting afresh next summer.

..I think we all want 40 points, Dave. I really think Unsworth will struggle. I doubt any Premier League side would’ve struggled as we did last night. 4 points from the last 6 is a decent return in the league but the manner of the performances suggest to me that trend is very flaky. We have conceded at least 2 in each of his games and we simply won’t match that at the other end.

The problem might be the same for whoever comes in but i’m hoping for a bounce resulting in the 4 wins we need before January. I fear for the worst if we don’t change.

They’re not stupid, they know the fans want them out. The reason they want to retain shares is cos they know once the stadium is built they will make a killing
They’re just a bad stench lingering around the club!! But I’m a blue through and through! ‘Koff will yers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back