Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
..I think we all want 40 points, Dave. I really think Unsworth will struggle. I doubt any Premier League side would’ve struggled as we did last night. 4 points from the last 6 is a decent return in the league but the manner of the performances suggest to me that trend is very flaky. We have conceded at least 2 in each of his games and we simply won’t match that at the other end.

The problem might be the same for whoever comes in but i’m hoping for a bounce resulting in the 4 wins we need before January. I fear for the worst if we don’t change.

If I am honest with you Eggs, I think that result last night was a little bit lop sided.

No matter how we dress it up, this was a nothing game for us an an absolutely vital game for them.....a game they nit only needed to win but needed to win handsomely to keep on top of the group.

I said to you yesterday that on paper they were a racing certainty given those circumstances

(I just wish I could bring myself to lump on against EFC and hope the other team beats us :blush:)

And it was only in the last ten minutes that the game collapsed into farce, albeit they looked the better side for most of the first 80'minutes.

So you know what....I have moved on from that.

I am with Dave.....these cup ties were of little import when compared to the real task David was handed....get up that blooming table.

We are doing it and have a great chance to make giant strides into the top half over the next eight days.

Onwards and upwards :pint2:

..I think we all want 40 points, Dave. I really think Unsworth will struggle. I doubt any Premier League side would’ve struggled as we did last night. 4 points from the last 6 is a decent return in the league but the manner of the performances suggest to me that trend is very flaky. We have conceded at least 2 in each of his games and we simply won’t match that at the other end.

The problem might be the same for whoever comes in but i’m hoping for a bounce resulting in the 4 wins we need before January. I fear for the worst if we don’t change.
We struggled because we didn't have our very best 11 out for it and we had nothing to win and our opponents were all out for the win. Individual defensive errors also contributed.

But most of all we cant seriously be judging Unsworth on the absolute tripe Koeman left.

I'm only concerned with the PL as a yardstick on Unsworth. He's had a nightmare to walk into and found it tough going preparing for two games a week. It's overwhelming for anyone coming in to that situation.

The effort and energy and fight have all been exhibited in those games that are most important to us. If we got a win on Sunday we'd be looking - when all is said and done - at our best league run since about March last season. How that could be conceived of as a failure under the circumstances I really dont know.

But it sounds like the owner and some fans want a shiny brand new manager with a flashy name they can impress other people with.

Me? I'm just concerned at getting 40 points on the board and writing this season off and starting afresh next summer.

It’s Unsworth own fault. He should have called himself Da’vid Unsio.........

Why are people having a go at this guy, he wanted Koeman as he was doing well at Southampton, some one who arsenal were looking at, he backs him with transfer funds.

3 of the back four last night were Koeman signings.

He sacked him and rightly so, he has to get this new manager right and wants to back the new guy with funds.

So what is he doing wrong?

The search for the manager is all you can put at his door really but it is a very important appointment that he will be judged on so he needs to get it right.

That article in The Times blaming him for the unbalanced squad is ridiculous he backed the manager what else is he supposed to do the mess we are in is down to one man who is probably sunning his fat hide and laughing his moobs off.

We struggled because we didn't have our very best 11 out for it and we had nothing to win and our opponents were all out for the win. Individual defensive errors also contributed.

But most of all we cant seriously be judging Unsworth on the absolute tripe Koeman left.

That has a ring of honesty Dave, but Unsy has not exactly helped himself while in charge. One thing I will point to is always changing the line up for each game which cannot help. E,g. I would have pulled Williams and even put Besic in there as a CB. Could he have been worse??

That has a ring of honesty Dave, but Unsy has not exactly helped himself while in charge. One thing I will point to is always changing the line up for each game which cannot help. E,g. I would have pulled Williams and even put Besic in there as a CB. Could he have been worse??
But that's through necessity as we are having to fit in these nuisance cup ties every other game and keep our powder dry for the PL games.

DU has stumbled into his dream job audition under nightmarish circumstances.

If I am honest with you Eggs, I think that result last night was a little bit lop sided.

No matter how we dress it up, this was a nothing game for us an an absolutely vital game for them.....a game they nit only needed to win but needed to win handsomely to keep on top of the group.

I said to you yesterday that on paper they were a racing certainty given those circumstances

(I just wish I could bring myself to lump on against EFC and hope the other team beats us :blush:)

And it was only in the last ten minutes that the game collapsed into farce, albeit they looked the better side for most of the first 80'minutes.

So you know what....I have moved on from that.

I am with Dave.....these cup ties were of little import when compared to the real task David was handed....get up that blooming table.

We are doing it and have a great chance to make giant strides into the top half over the next eight days.

Onwards and upwards :pint2:

..I get the points about it being a dead rubber but even so we got beat 5-1 at home. Even accepting the significance of the game doesn’t excuse a Premier League team being so void of organisation, attitude and ability. You mention it not being our best X1 but i’m not sure we have such a thing. Indeed, I doubt we have 5 or 6 who are automatic names on the team sheet.

I can accept a defeat under the circumstances but the manner of the defeat is the problem. It’s not as if it’ll totally turn around on Sunday. I expect more of the same.

..I get the points about it being a dead rubber but even so we got beat 5-1 at home. Even accepting the significance of the game doesn’t excuse a Premier League team being so void of organisation, attitude and ability. You mention it not being our best X1 but i’m not sure we have such a thing. Indeed, I doubt we have 5 or 6 who are automatic names on the team sheet .

I can accept a defeat under the circumstances but the manner of the defeat is the problem. It’s not as if it’ll totally turn around on Sunday. I expect more of the same.
It's a common theme with these players: if they cant keep the score to a goal down they'll collapse when a two goal deficit happens.

That predates Unsworth.

It's a common theme with these players: if they cant keep the score to a goal down they'll collapse when a two goal deficit happens.

That predates Unsworth.

..but it can’t continue, Dave. Regardless of the initial cause, we are conceding 2 goals every game. It’s not a one off, we actually look like we’re going to concede two every game. Unsworth isn’t arresting that trend. Indeed, we arguably look worst. I think it’s highly likely Soton will get two.

..but it can’t continue, Dave. Regardless of the initial cause, we are conceding 2 goals every game. It’s not a one off, we actually look like we’re going to concede two every game. Unsworth isn’t arresting that trend. Indeed, we arguably look worst. I think it’s highly likely Soton will get two.
...but look at the players he has to turn to in order to assemble a defence. It's like trying to plait sawdust.

All he can do is try and get some spirit into them to help each other out on the pitch and snatch a goal opportunity or two.

We are WAY out of any territory whereby we can dominate possession and the opposition. That's where Koeman left us.

Unsy isn't up to it. We need firm management most of those players last night played like gutless drains in a disorganized system. Yes they are mostly the ones he hasn't trusted now we know why.

...but look at the players he has to turn to in order to assemble a defence. It's like trying to plait sawdust.

All he can do is try and get some spirit into them to help each other out on the pitch and snatch a goal opportunity or two.

We are WAY out of any territory whereby we can dominate possession and the opposition. That's where Koeman left us.

..I know he hasn’t got the players but they look totally disorganised. The danger is that whoever comes in might have the same problem. I do think defending is about the whole team, though. The 2 CBs are totally exposed without a shield and the wide areas are void of cover.

Unsworth has certainly not got them organised. We need to change in the hope that somebody else can. Leaving him in charge is looking like a slippery downward slope and the crowd have been remarkably patient (I think). It will go septic soon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back