Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Makes sense putting this short term loan in place. If you need cash for what ever reason, leverage up the receivables. Provided the £60m hasn’t been maxed but given that is secured on other income sources I don’t see the problem with it and doubt £60m is maxed. But given money from Lakaku then the financial guys will have this all sorted, as long as they don’t lose another one!!

Given Moshiri only owns 49% he isn’t going to put any more of his own money in than he has had to or agreed to so far when other people own 51% and are not putting anything in.

If things get tight/worse financially and Moshiri is willing to put more money in then expect options being renegotiated and on more favaroable terms to Moshiri than he currently has.

lollollol

It says we have taken a loan for the 13m City owe us for Stones.

But sure, feel free to claim we have maxed out our 60m credit card, something that I doubt we have even touched yet, but hey ho, youve gotta try push dat agenda.
lollollol

We've gone to the significant trouble of borrowing against a future source of income, outstanding monies from the Stones sale, just like we used to when BK borrowed against future TV income.
That's instead of using the Chinese facility put in place last summer that allows us to borrow £60m immediately for things like player aquisition because apparently that remains untouched. Swansea were obviously willing to accept payment for Sygy in chewing gum and sweeties.
By the way I don't have an agenda. I have an opinion. One that I'm perfectly entitled to and I will post up here anytime I like. I also had an opinion that the £100m warchest was largely hype, long before most others, when I saw a club whose transfer behaviour did not correlate with that claim. When I expressed that opinion I was repeatedly called names like bedwetter by those with a child like gullibility easily manipulated by careful media marketing some of whom would go on to cry and moan the great warchest was nothing but smoke and mirrors only a few months later.

lollollol

We've gone to the significant trouble of borrowing against a future source of income, outstanding monies from the Stones sale, just like we used to when BK borrowed against future TV income.
That's instead of using the Chinese facility put in place last summer that allows us to borrow £60m immediately for things like player aquisition because apparently that remains untouched. Swansea were obviously willing to accept payment for Sygy in chewing gum and sweeties.
By the way I don't have an agenda. I have an opinion. One that I'm perfectly entitled to and I will post up here anytime I like. I also had an opinion that the £100m warchest was largely hype, long before most others, when I saw a club whose transfer behaviour did not correlate with that claim. When I expressed that opinion I was repeatedly called names like bedwetter by those with a child like gullibility easily manipulated by careful media marketing some of whom would go on to cry and moan the great warchest was nothing but smoke and mirrors only a few months later.

You are indeed correct, the 100m warchest was all lies.

I mean we ended up spending 240m.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

You are indeed correct, the 100m warchest was all lies.

I mean we ended up spending 240m.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:
We largely spent what we made by selling our players. There's also TV money and a Chinese facility (loan) taken out that simply wouldn't have been required if the £100m warchest had been real.
There's never been any credible evidence of the fabled warchest least of all now when we've just borrowed again against future income after arranging a £60m facility just last summer.
You were indeed correct that the warchest was just smoke and mirrors.

Well in the Summer, according to Fraud Toshiri we bid monopoly money for Koubs, we wanted Perez, we bid 30m for Sissoko, in Jan we had interest in Depay, Dafodil, supposedly, smoke and mirrors.

Ive admitted, I drank the kool aid last summer, im an eternal optimist as far as Everton is concerned, always have been, sorry for that, I refuse to believe that things will always be like this, surely at some point, somethings gotta change, somethings gotta "go" for us, so yep, I swallowed everything I was fed last summer.

We largely spent what we made by selling our players. There's also TV money and a Chinese facility (loan) taken out that simply wouldn't have been required if the £100m warchest had been real.
There's never been any credible evidence of the fabled warchest least of all now when we've just borrowed again against future income after arranging a £60m facility just last summer.

Genuine question

Where do you think the "warchest" was meant to come from?

At no point have I believed there was a 100m warchest, all I know is that we have spent more money in the last 18months than we ever have.

Show me the your working out, show me how we managed to spend the 60m overdraft, plus the improved commercial deals, when by your own words "We largely spent what we made by selling our players".

You are all smoke and mirrors my frandel.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back