Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Be sure of this, if Sam Hammam MkII is choosing the next manager we're heading out of this league.

We have to endure this divvy because he's promising to have the club pile up £600M debt on a stadium that's miles down the road if it ever does see the light of day?

Pfffft!

A clueless carpet bagger who's been a plague on this club.
How dare he continue to chuck his cash at it ffs, what a liberty!

What recent times show is just how close we were to the abyss when potless Kenwright held the reigns and we were a couple of crap signings away from disaster. Moyes must be sat there shaking his head.

How dare he continue to chuck his cash at it ffs, what a liberty!

What recent times show is just how close we were to the abyss when potless Kenwright held the reigns and we were a couple of crap signings away from disaster. Moyes must be sat there shaking his head.

It's the fact he's leaving his money in the hands of people who are irresponsible and utterly failing. He needs to take responsibility for his choices of manager and DOF. It's his money that is being flushed away after all.

It's the fact he's leaving his money in the hands of people who are irresponsible and utterly failing. He needs to take responsibility for his choices of manager and DOF. It's his money that is being flushed away after all.
No shine Sherlock.

I reckon he might have figured that out for himself tbf like.

No shine Sherlock.

I reckon he might have figured that out for himself tbf like.

I'm not sure he takes much notice tbh. No other explanation why Walsh is still in charge. He was thinking long term with Sam and that's why he panicked into throwing money at him. He made the totally wrong call but there was logic. With Walsh he seems oblivious to his money being blown or maybe he is too rich for his own good. I think the stadium is his sole and primary focus.

Mosh knows nothing about football and nothing about proper people. He has money and has used money as a replacement for his whiny, nasal voice. Whenever anyone finds the nerve to refuse the authority of "money talks", there's nothing left of Moshiri but a confused clown.

This is all on Moshiri. It's his appointments. It's him sanctioning the spending on players our idiot managers then tell us arnt good enough. We rightfully fume at Koeman, Walsh, Alladyce etc and it's fully deserved but the biggest clown in all of this escapes any proper criticism with the majority. All well and good saying 'well he cleared the debt blah blah' but if this incomptent transfer policy continues we may well be in big trouble. People like him didn't get rich spending all their money.

This is all on Moshiri. It's his appointments. It's him sanctioning the spending on players our idiot managers then tell us arnt good enough. We rightfully fume at Koeman, Walsh, Alladyce etc and it's fully deserved but the biggest clown in all of this escapes any proper criticism with the majority. All well and good saying 'well he cleared the debt blah blah' but if this incomptent transfer policy continues we may well be in big trouble. People like him didn't get rich spending all their money.

Wait.
Why sack Walsh if Moshiri is in charge of transfer policy ?

Unfortunately, I sincerely feel that if we are not careful and a plan is not soon put in place, then we could edge towards becoming a new QPR.

We're spending reasonably significant amounts on players, with correspondingly high wages, yet we're not really getting much in actual return.

I'm confident other clubs and players' agents must love it when we come sniffing around a player - the Everton gravy train so to say.

Add to that, like I said the players we've actually signed are overall not being that effective but have cost a fair wedge in fees and wages.

That's before talking about the potential bad apples and mercenaries in the camp; we can blame managers but some of the players are culpable.

We're also now on the managerial merry-go-round, which will be further extended when Sam goes, with Walsh's role now highly questionable.

Basically, we're a club slowly heading in the direction of a disarray (from top to bottom) and Moshiri isn't really helping steady the ship.
Absolutely.

Last summer that Dutch idiot had them queuing up with their hands out for £30M and £40M+ in exchange for tat.

I dont think there's been a bigger and more scandalous series of muggings since the Native Americans were handed bags full of nails and brass curtain rings for their lands.

We need this wastage to end and to be placed on a stricter criteria of what goes out and comes in. That doesn't mean we should spend less, it means we should spend better.

Beginning to think that there is a plan to have us out of business within a couple of seasons.
Seriously cannot see an end to it, realistically we need to cull root and branch, but football clubs never do this.
Imagine the fume in the summer when we recoup about a quarter of the outlay we have spent in the last 12 months and we get told there is no money in the pot for new players.
The pain Hasn't even started yet, as soon as the new stadium is up and running that's where the money is going.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back