Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
CcPlnEoW8AAG6h7.jpg:large

Hmm, I was working off a list that totalled 35000 shares even, so not sure.

Oooor just another shareholder with 49% who does nothing still..

I'm a bit baffled by his purchase tbh.
If he wasn't looking to be a particularly active, surely easier to just stick with his Arsenal shares - less work with less risk?

There he only had 15% so could just go with the flow, with his 49.9% of Everton he has to be far more active otherwise his investment is in jeopardy.

I was pleased that I read what The Esk had to say on the Front Page, because I was disappointed by the news for two reasons. Firstly, it was not an outright takeover as I think we all hoped it would be. And secondly, because, well, Moshiri is not actually that rich in terms of Premier League owners.

The Forbes Billionaires List (Realtime) has Moshiri worth £1.3bn (minus £175m presumably), while Abramovich is worth £5.48bn, Joe Lewis (Spurs) £3.8bn, Ashley £2.45bn, Kroenke £5.6bn, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (Leicester) £2.1bn, two of the Coates family (Stoke) £4.2bn but not sure how much Peter Coates is worth, Henry £1.59bn, the Glazers £4.7bn, Katharina Liebherr (Southampton) not certain but probably in excess of £2bn, and Sheik Mansoor around £17bn. (Forbes don't list family wealth so there is uncertainty about Liebherr, the Glazers and Mansoor. The Mansoor family is estimated to be worth $1 trillion!)

However, as Mike Ashley has shown, it's not just how much money owners have that matters, but what they are prepared to do with it. If Moshiri is prepared to make low interest loans to the club then a new stadium, or a rebuild of Goodison is possible, while keeping new signings ticking over.

theyve absolutely invested a lot of money mate. Just smartly.

We can do the same.

I feel it weird you're worried about 'losing our soul' i think this is more of us getting our soul back.

Weve stagnated and we allowed kenwrights board to become the underdogs, we lost our soul when we sold everything we owned. We were a shell.

Hopefully this can make us great again.

I think it has something to do with that I hate the direction football has been going for many years now, with the sick amount of money circulating. I would have loved it if we built our way to the top with "little" money ,and showed the world we can do it without buying us to success.

I think it has something to do with that I hate the direction football has been going for many years now, with the sick amount of money circulating. I would have loved it if we built our way to the top with "little" money ,and showed the world we can do it without buying us to success.
but it's literally impossible to do that mate.

You should be happy about this, not miserable.

this is not some sheikh who doesnt know jack about footy. he knows hellawa lot about how to run successfull club. stop mooing and hit the lemo mate

Wow, feels weird after all these years and the hundreds, maybe thousands of different takeover threads.
Initial feelings are very positive though, he certainly looks to be a step above the bloke in a manchester bedsit!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back