Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Come on mate, we're not going down. Points on the board early, some awful teams down the bottom.

Benitez got off to the good start he needed.
Hopefully you are right. But to totally disregard the possibility of not being dragged down there would be to turn a blind eye or 2 blinds eyes to the fact that we can also be an awful team and this awful is becoming much more commonplace with this set of players.

The appointment of Benitez was always going to be a terrible one, unless he came out the blocks and had us near the top of the table.

The reality is, the manager can only work with what he's got, and they're an uninspired bunch of lazy players, with no motivation. That's what jumping in the deep end with lofty ambitions does for you. He needs time, but because of his past connections, our fan base will never get there.

From Walsh & Koeman, to Allardyce and the rest, he's just got it wrong on a regular basis and set us back years.

We're the example of how to not spend money, with the likes of Sigurdsson, Tosun, Walcott, Bolasie, Gomes all brought in for bumper fees, and little or no effort focussed on "Buy Low, Sell High" or the Youth Team, which is probably in it's longest run in our history, without producing any talent.

6 years on, we're somehow in a worse place, and seem to have accepted mediocrity.

Last edited:

The appointment of Benitez was always going to be a terrible one, unless he came out the blocks and had us near the top of the table.

The reality is, the manager can only work with what he's got, and they're an uninspired bunch of lazy players, with no motivation. That's what jumping in the deep end with lofty ambitions does for you. He needs time, but because of his past connections, our fan base will never get there.

From Walsh & Koeman, to Allardyce and the rest, he's just got it wrong on a regular basis and set us back years.

We're the example of how to not spend money, with the likes of Sigurdsson, Tosun, Walcott, Bolasie, Gomes all brought in for bumper fees, and little or no effort focussed on "Buy Low, Sell High" or the Youth Team, which is probably in it's longest run in our history, without producing any talent.

6 years on, we're somehow in a worse place, and seem to have accepted mediocrity.

i agree here i mean moshiri has backed us to the hilt, (just not this summer)

it’s the idiots we’ve had that have got us in this mess.

i agree here i mean moshiri has backed us to the hilt, (just not this summer)

it’s the idiots we’ve had that have got us in this mess.

I mean, from a supporters perspective, I'm glad we've had him come in.

But he's probably got near enough everything wrong to appease the fan base, following that initial splurge, where we invested in Pickford, Keane, Rooney.

Genuinely believe he's done everything with the best intentions, signing Walsh from Leicester made lots of sense, and ultimately he was a glorified Youth coach, and he allowed organised chaos with his personal desires and hiring a DOF and Manager who didn't get on well. It has went down hill ever since.

He's done things we'd never have done with Kenwright, but the straying from the model of buying players with huge upside, profit wise has crippled us. Have we even made £50m back on his signings?

But he's probably got near enough everything wrong to appease the fan base, following that initial splurge, where we invested in Pickford, Keane, Rooney.

Genuinely believe he's done everything with the best intentions, signing Walsh from Leicester made lots of sense, and ultimately he was a glorified Youth coach, and he allowed organised chaos with his personal desires and hiring a DOF and Manager who didn't get on well. It has went down hill ever since.

He's done things we'd never have done with Kenwright, but the straying from the model of buying players with huge upside, profit wise has crippled us. Have we even made £50m back on his signings?

i doubt it loo

With exception of richarlison (debatable) have we signed a player that we can sell for more money?
That is the sign of poorly run club.