Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He should do the decent thing, admit he has failed to improve the club, and put the club up for sale.

Anyone who still supports this owner is clearly not arsed about the future of the club. If we are to ever find our identity again as a club, then we need new leadership. Those who didn't support the protests, are against the club in my eyes.

The protests should never have stopped. It should never have been made about Benitez, this idiot is the poison we need to get rid of.

The protests should never have stopped. It should never have been made about Benitez, this idiot is the poison we need to get rid of.
Even with the Lampard appointment, it was all on his ego - it was as if he said 'I am handing it back to the fans', instead of thinking rationally for the long term.

Not that I disagree with Lampard being appointed as such, but it seemed a knee jerk way to appoint a new manager that really should have been brought in many months prior.

Uneasy about getting new owners, things can still get much worse…

At the moment we have a crackhead with lots of money, knowing Everton we would end up with a crackhead with no money.

Even with the Lampard appointment, it was all on his ego - it was as if he said 'I am handing it back to the fans', instead of thinking rationally for the long term.

Not that I disagree with Lampard being appointed as such, but it seemed a knee jerk way to appoint a new manager that really should have been brought in many months prior.

The Lampard appointment was nothing more a reaction to the fans’ backlash to Pereira, he was going to appoint him. I have no doubt he didn’t even think about who was going to replace Benitez until the day he sacked him.

That just reads that he can’t do right for doing wrong.

Yes he got the Benitez appointment wrong, but Lampard is very much a long term thinking appointment.

That just reads that he can’t do right for doing wrong.

Yes he got the Benitez appointment wrong, but Lampard is very much a long term thinking appointment.
Not his own long term thinking though, as stated he would have had Pereira in on a 6 month deal had the fans not protested.

uneasy about getting new owners, things can get worse, at the moment we have a crackhead with lots of money, knowing Everton we would end up with a crackhead with no money

That's a very defeatist attitude. You don't want to replace our abysmal owner because we could get a worse one?

How about we do what most clubs do and get an owner who appoints the right people and lets them do their job. Moshiri is taking us down one way or other. If we somehow survive this season, then we are gone soon after. This season has been an utter debacle....

Appoint Benitez against the fans wishes
End up at the FFP limit so can't improve the squad
Unable to move players on during the window, so can't strengthen
Then actually do sell Rodriguez, but the window for incomings is already closed
Go on our worst run of form in PL history
Get hammered at home to our rivals, with their fans signing his name, but refuse to make a managerial change
Communicate the fact he is backing Benitez through talksport - despite previously promising not to use talksport for statements
The DOF leaves his position ahead of the Jan window so we have no one heading up recruitment
Allow Benitez to replace the medical staff
Injuries get no better, and actually our injury list lengthens
Constantly bring Mina back into the side only for him to not last even one game.
Allow Benitez to freeze out Digne and play players out of position at left back instead
Then sack Benitez 3 days after selling Digne
Sign El Ghazi against the advice of the manager and waste a loan spot
Take far too long to appoint a new manager
Allow Kia Joorabchain to be involved in the recruitment of a new manager
Have a candidate go on SSN to talk about the interview process
Then have to change your mind and not appoint that candidate because they have embarassed the fans on live TV
Finally appoint a manager, but only on transfer deadline day, so it's a mad scramble to sign players.

You could make a very strong argument we deserve to go down for gross incompetence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back