Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,256 92.3%

• Total voters
On 22 September 2014, an investigation by The Guardian implicated Kenyon and Portuguese superagent Jorge Mendes in breaching FIFA regulations regarding third-party ownership and conflict of interest in player representation, buying player rights through companies based in Jersey and Ireland.

He'll fly through the fit and proper persons test then, he hasn't even butchered any journalists.

Same group that were involved in the Broughton bid for Chelsea (which had Hamilton and Serena Williams involved).

The journo was breaking all of the big news on the Chelsea takeover, so a very good source indeed .

The moneyman behind the deal, John Thornton, is a former Goldman Sachs president whose networth is supposed to be £31bn, he now owns a gold company. He has recently been the USA’s main point person trying to solve the diplomatic crisis between China and the States.

Seems very legit.

Peter Kenyon though is controversial it appears, anyone have any detail on why?

Was at United and did brilliantly there.

Abramovich hired him and he turned Chelsea into a behemoth...

Punted Ranieri so they didnt like him but got top players signed up so they warmed to him.

Cant remember why he left...must be late 60s now

very unlikely either of those mentioned will be the money behind any bid, should it happen.

Thats the point though mate they dont have the money! They just saddle debt onto the club that they use to buy it.

I've said for months be careful what you wish for in hating on Moshers - if these skint Yanks come aboard we are finished.

Thats the point though mate they dont have the money! They just saddle debt onto the club that they use to buy it.

I've said for months be careful what you wish for in hating on Moshers - if these skint Yanks come aboard we are finished.
Every example I can think of of an American takeover (however it’s structured) has someone Uber wealthy leading it.

Who is the classic example of saddling a club with debt? Man Utd.

Glazer’s really penniless, isn’t he?

Every example I can think of of an American takeover (however it’s structured) has someone Uber wealthy leading it.

Who is the classic example of saddling a club with debt? Man Utd.

Glazer’s really penniless, isn’t he?

Burnley, Sunderland

Probs many others.

US owners apart from FSG who fluked out on Klopp have done nothing for any club they've bought into.