Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
For me though staying silent is backing Bill.
Unless you have something to lose then surely you can’t be happy with him, and your voice needs to be heard.

I don’t have a problem with difference of opinions, I might with how some go about it. I mean this is a really grim time for the club and for the likes of him to stay silent regardless of his views is pretty disappointing. I don’t think Kevin Ratcliffe has said anything either.

It does make you wonder.

After all, this is a fella apparently so good at accounting, his biggest (and only?) client gave him a £1.3bn bonus.

Surely, such a gifted operator would never let an asset fall into disrepair like this?
There's something we're missing here. Not all appears as it seems.

Well it seemed like most, certainly a substantial portion.

And the only person claiming to talk for all blues is yourself. And you're wildly out on that I'm afraid, if you listen to what the supporters were singing.

What is your definition of "most" though. Is it "me".

Didn't seem substantial to me at all, I guess we all see what you want to see

It’s a far more complex debate then many of the pressure groups suggest, I keep hearing “we want change” - what’s that exactly….because change could be catastrophic for us. I’m not defending anyone here just stating what I believe to be the reality. Would I like us run better, definitely I’ve been saying it long before the koolaide was drunk - in regard to our finances.

No doubt a fair degree of mismanagement happened, the owner perhaps to my mind is content to have patsies at board level in place so he can make all decisions - it happens. That or he’s naive and been taken advantage of “by supporting his management teams”.

Nuts and bolts and he has said it in his letter, he’s invested huge sums of money in the club, he’s taken on board and solved the ground issue - two high priority problematic issues at the club for decades, his commitment and actions of support can’t be questioned. Incredible sums of money have been spent, no one else is going to that in my opinion, or certainly they can’t.

The problem we have now is the club is utterly dependent on him now for financial survival, those 100s millions of losses we see every year is actual money being covered by Moshiri, without those cheques the club ceases to function and goes into administration or liquidation - essentially all assets getting sold. You won’t see that in the small print of the advocacy groups when they talk “of change”, nor can they give guarantees that a new owner won’t come in and asset strip us to cover our losses etc.

So it’s a fair more complex discussion, then a glib, we want change, a new man comes in and we start from scratch, that’s not going to happen, we’re in a hole and without Moshiri cheques we are in huge trouble.

So ultimately a lot of contrasts exist at the same time, have we been mismanaged - yes, has he invested an incredible amount of money on the club and infrastructure - yes. Is the club utterly dependent on him and without further investment to cover our losses are we in huge trouble - yes.

Someone is going to have to come up with something better in terms of strategy as just “change” because it’s a far more complex issue then just a binary in or out, in terms of the clubs well being.

Again I’m not defending him or the management teams as it’s clear we have been poorly managed, but the problem that has been created isn’t something that is going to be reset with a new owner - in fact things could get worse if there is no guarantee that an external partner covers our losses. That’s how I see the reality of the clubs position in regard to the dynamic.
Probably the most sensible post I've read in here.

We're up shít creek without a paddle.
Mosh goes and he takes the boat too.

Oh the joys...

Why is it a disgrace to be against the board? Or to consider themselves a majority, when fans roundly sang for the board to be sacked?

You may disagree, but it's not a disgrace.

Something not quite right about this poster, can't put my finger on it yet, but making all kinds of accusations about fellow Evertonians and being outright nasty as well doesn't ring right at all....

Probably the most sensible post I've read in here.

We're up shít creek without a paddle.
Mosh goes and he takes the boat too.

Oh the joys...

Don't think anyone, well I'm not anyway, is doubting his commitment and backing of the managers or the fantastic stadium he alone is funding. It's the lack of a plan with the team, leaving a chairman and board who are wholly unfit for purpose is the reason for me, we are stuck in the seventies and fell behind all our peers years ago, we have the feel, on the field anyway of a dying team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back