Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So has everyone in them comfy seats.

William large bonce really has them silenced.

I’d be surprised if he was like that, never struck me as the type in the past. I’m a little disappointed he hasn’t said anything, he’s usually not shy in giving his thoughts.

Nice to see Farhad putting the record straight to the vast majority of match going blues who had no plans to have anything to with this silly protest.
The collective response was that of a 5yr old in the playground and might I add hilarious "Yeh but but we think different and we will still pull tongues and stamp our feet at the directors box.. Even though you are not there"

I mean, I dont think you have any evidence of what the match going blues say.

Most of the match going blues were chanting for the board to be sacked last week, so I would posit this rather contradicts your assertion mate.

It’s a far more complex debate then many of the pressure groups suggest, I keep hearing “we want change” - what’s that exactly….because change could be catastrophic for us. I’m not defending anyone here just stating what I believe to be the reality. Would I like us run better, definitely I’ve been saying it long before the koolaide was drunk - in regard to our finances.

No doubt a fair degree of mismanagement happened, the owner perhaps to my mind is content to have patsies at board level in place so he can make all decisions - it happens. That or he’s naive and been taken advantage of “by supporting his management teams”.

Nuts and bolts and he has said it in his letter, he’s invested huge sums of money in the club, he’s taken on board and solved the ground issue - two high priority problematic issues at the club for decades, his commitment and actions of support can’t be questioned. Incredible sums of money have been spent, no one else is going to that in my opinion, or certainly they can’t.

The problem we have now is the club is utterly dependent on him now for financial survival, those 100s millions of losses we see every year is actual money being covered by Moshiri, without those cheques the club ceases to function and goes into administration or liquidation - essentially all assets getting sold. You won’t see that in the small print of the advocacy groups when they talk “of change”, nor can they give guarantees that a new owner won’t come in and asset strip us to cover our losses etc.

So it’s a fair more complex discussion, then a glib, we want change, a new man comes in and we start from scratch, that’s not going to happen, we’re in a hole and without Moshiri cheques we are in huge trouble.

So ultimately a lot of contrasts exist at the same time, have we been mismanaged - yes, has he invested an incredible amount of money on the club and infrastructure - yes. Is the club utterly dependent on him and without further investment to cover our losses are we in huge trouble - yes.

Someone is going to have to come up with something better in terms of strategy as just “change” because it’s a far more complex issue then just a binary in or out, in terms of the clubs well being.

Again I’m not defending him or the management teams as it’s clear we have been poorly managed, but the problem that has been created isn’t something that is going to be reset with a new owner - in fact things could get worse if there is no guarantee that an external partner covers our losses. That’s how I see the reality of the clubs position in regard to the dynamic.

Great post.

As I've always said you cant sell the club without a buyer. From whats been reported Mosh Man more than likely wants investment both into the club and to finish off BMD rather than a complete sale.

That won't go down too well with some of the fanbase but ultimately he's the fella with the dough so that's his decision. What bamboozles me is you have lids working down the pit / stacking shelves for a living telling a Billionaire to basically get lost. Unless you have the financial muscle to get rid of him then its just white noise ultimately with no plan.

Trying to chase someone like Kenwrong as owner is completely different to a Billionaire who lives in another country and doesn't attend the games.

It does make you wonder.

After all, this is a fella apparently so good at accounting, his biggest (and only?) client gave him a £1.3bn bonus.

Surely, such a gifted operator would never let an asset fall into disrepair like this?

I dont think theres much to wonder anymore mate. It's pretty obvious who the money belonged to. It always was really.

I’d be surprised if he was like that, never struck me as the type in the past. I’m a little disappointed he hasn’t said anything, he’s usually not shy in giving his thoughts.
For me though staying silent is backing Bill.
Unless you have something to lose then surely you can’t be happy with him, and your voice needs to be heard.

I mean, I dont think you have any evidence of what the match going blues say.

Most of the match going blues were chanting for the board to be sacked last week, so I would posit this rather contradicts your assertion mate.

Most?? Haha, you need to look up the word most. As for the first line, the anti board mob have no issue claiming they speak for All blues

That ridiculous letter just confirmed that he cares zero about the fans and is completely incompatible with the way Evertonians think a football club should be run.

His inability to acknowledge the failings is because he, himself, is the failing. I am no Kenwright fan, but at the end of the day, it's Moshiri's money and he spends it how he wants too. He has used Everton as a real life Football Manager experience and caused carnage.

The quicker he goes, the better. All protest energy should be focused on him - Kenwright is simply a bit part player who owns 1.3% of the Club, while Moshiri owns 96% and makes all of the major (bad) decisions.

It’s a far more complex debate then many of the pressure groups suggest, I keep hearing “we want change” - what’s that exactly….because change could be catastrophic for us. I’m not defending anyone here just stating what I believe to be the reality. Would I like us run better, definitely I’ve been saying it long before the koolaide was drunk - in regard to our finances.

No doubt a fair degree of mismanagement happened, the owner perhaps to my mind is content to have patsies at board level in place so he can make all decisions - it happens. That or he’s naive and been taken advantage of “by supporting his management teams”.

Nuts and bolts and he has said it in his letter, he’s invested huge sums of money in the club, he’s taken on board and solved the ground issue - two high priority problematic issues at the club for decades, his commitment and actions of support can’t be questioned. Incredible sums of money have been spent, no one else is going to that in my opinion, or certainly they can’t.

The problem we have now is the club is utterly dependent on him now for financial survival, those 100s millions of losses we see every year is actual money being covered by Moshiri, without those cheques the club ceases to function and goes into administration or liquidation - essentially all assets getting sold. You won’t see that in the small print of the advocacy groups when they talk “of change”, nor can they give guarantees that a new owner won’t come in and asset strip us to cover our losses etc.

So it’s a fair more complex discussion, then a glib, we want change, a new man comes in and we start from scratch, that’s not going to happen, we’re in a hole and without Moshiri cheques we are in huge trouble.

So ultimately a lot of contrasts exist at the same time, have we been mismanaged - yes, has he invested an incredible amount of money on the club and infrastructure - yes. Is the club utterly dependent on him and without further investment to cover our losses are we in huge trouble - yes.

Someone is going to have to come up with something better in terms of strategy as just “change” because it’s a far more complex issue then just a binary in or out, in terms of the clubs well being.

Again I’m not defending him or the management teams as it’s clear we have been poorly managed, but the problem that has been created isn’t something that is going to be reset with a new owner - in fact things could get worse if there is no guarantee that an external partner covers our losses. That’s how I see the reality of the clubs position in regard to the dynamic.

It's a fair post mate, and deserves a full response. But for me, we should go and get the best people to be at the club.

I would try and get Leahy-an Everton fan to be Chairman. Gilvary to be a bine exec director. I'd speak to the CEO Liverpool had- Moore to be CEO. Maybe even approach Masters or Scudamore to be part of the board. Go and get some top people in, and let them do their job. Christ I'd even make a pitch to David Gill at United. Even Woodward, though poor at the football side, ran the business side very well.

I'm not saying you get all of the above, but a handful of those would make a big difference. Incentivise their contracts with rewards for revenue growth.

The playing side needs to be leaner. We should trade more re players.

Most?? Haha, you need to look up the word most. As for the first line, the anti board mob have no issue claiming they speak for All blues

Well it seemed like most, certainly a substantial portion.

And the only person claiming to talk for all blues is yourself. And you're wildly out on that I'm afraid, if you listen to what the supporters were singing.

What is your definition of "most" though. Is it "me".

That ridiculous letter just confirmed that he cares zero about the fans and is completely incompatible with the way Evertonians think a football club should be run.

His inability to acknowledge the failings is because he, himself, is the failing. I am no Kenwright fan, but at the end of the day, it's Moshiri's money and he spends it how he wants too. He has used Everton as a real life Football Manager experience and caused carnage.

The quicker he goes, the better. All protest energy should be focused on him - Kenwright is simply a bit part player who owns 1.3% of the Club, while Moshiri owns 96% and makes all of the major (bad) decisions.
One word...deluded...but I am sure he hasn't written that letter himself but probably agrees with what's in it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back