Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
777aso.webp

That stadium project started with no external funding, even though we had been searching for a long time and now its price has somehow spiralled despite the fact we were told the project had been nailed down to a fixed cost. That stadium could be a ticking time bomb waiting to detonate regardless of whether we hurt Moshiri's feelings or not.

Whilst we likely have very little alternative than to just sit around and pray to whatever higher power that will listen that we are able to finish the stadium on time, remain a premier league club and that Moshiri will write off a significant portion of the loans he's given the club to enable a sale - it is long past time that Moshiri became the target number one of fan protests.

The Board are incompetent idiots yes, and it's long past time they were ran out of the club, but Moshiri has had the power to do that every single day for the last seven years.

I think some people take the meaning of fixed cost and not understand that it will have about 90 pages of commercial terms to protect both parties.

Will be open book and an agreed percentage of mark up on what Laings buy ( around 2% )

Since the original price we have had Covid causing major issues to supply chain across the world, Brexit affecting the labour force from Europe which means labour is in high demand so wages flying up. Then we have the war in Ukraine which has affected Energy prices and Steel prices.

People are living in a dream world if anyone was fixing a price for over 4 years in this current climate. Last year I was getting quotes with a 24 hour leadtime due to market conditions.

He should have realized his mistake and got rid of the board as soon as he realized they were unfit for purpose. Surely we would have been in a healthier position both on and off the pitch with competent people at the helm. But no, here were are 7 years later, the same morons at the top are making the same mistakes year in and year out and we sink further and further into the abyss. This is his fault alone.
problem is he's been spun this story that local people who "get" and care about the club is what Evertonians want. That we're different from other clubs, we're traditional and local and don't want these soulless businessmen running the place. We have "custodians" and "do things the right way".

All absolute nonsense to keep them in power but I think that's where his decisions come from. Impression I get is he genuinely thinks that those who think differently to the above are a very loud and vocal minority.

Can't wait to see who he has in mind, his track record is pretty stellar:

• Sascha Ryastansev
  • Marcel Brands
  • Sarvar Izmailov
It's actually a relief in some ways that his own people are just as disastrous as the current incumbents. At least we'll never have to question how different our current fortunes would have been had he given Kenwright and his pack the boot on day one.

We'd be just as screwed.
That's why the sooner this stadium is built and he can leave, the better.

That said, I wouldn't be one bit surprised now if there are structural issues with the stadium over time. I can't imagine a man as shipshod as this would actually successfully build a genuinely superb stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back