Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If the company is going through extraordinary change.

Or if there is significant strategic direction needed to be brought in at board level.

But considered business critical.

It's not day to day stuff.

But the CEO can generally ask the NE director to be his eyes and ears.

Have seen this very frequently on venture capital investment companies.
bizzy lad you're chatting utter wham. You base all this "knowledge" of yours off watching the Apprentice.

You're not the Wolf Of Wall Street, you're the Ferret Of GOT.

First and foremost on the executive front we need a heavy hitting CEO.

Wait, are you saying Elstone isn't heavy hitting?

Does this read like a heavy hitting CEO?

Robert Elstone, 2014:

'Our shirt sponsorship deal with Chang is nowhere near the bottom. Our belief is that the current deal is perhaps seventh or eighth in the League. Admittedly, it is some way behind the teams above us but one of our challenges is that commercially we sit very much between the Champions League regulars and the rest of the pack. We need to push closer to the pack above us. Our Kitbag and Nike arrangements are more complicated, and there are two things I would say on this. The first is that the figures in the public domain are not always reliable, and that goes for shirt sponsorship too. Secondly, for almost every club in the League - apart probably from those in the Champions League - the shirt deal is little more than an advance of the retail profit margin. It isn't a true marketing investment from a sports brand. A Club might take and report £1 million upfront and then buy 100,000 shirts to sell in the club shop at £10 more than the sports brand sells to another retailer. As fans know, we have Kitbag operating our retail business and it pays us a guaranteed profit plus royalties and de-risks us from the expense and pitfalls of running stores and an online facility. We don't carry stock, we don't have shop rent, and we don't have to manage a retail team. I'm certain our combined deals stack up well despite the fact that it's almost impossible to compare apples with apples when looking around the Premier League.'

The man is pulling the wool over people's eyes. The club is no where near performing well enough.

@The Esk

Do you foresee any other board members coming in?

Other than this possibility of BG coming?

I think that depends upon who of the existing board step down. A board for example of David Dein, David Gilravy, Alexander Ryazantsev, a new CEO and perhaps someone with a global marketing or business development expertise would be very powerful. I do not see the reason for a board being much bigger than 5 or 6 in a business as relatively straightforward as a football club.

I think that depends upon who of the existing board step down. A board of David Dein, David Gilravy, Alexander Ryazantsev, a new CEO and perhaps someone with a global marketing or business development expertise would be very powerful. I do not see the reason for a board being much bigger than 5 or 6 in a business as relatively straightforward as a football club.

I agree. You need roughly 2 board members per arm of the business.

Arm's in simple terms being.

Commercial.
Infrastructure.
Team.

I think that depends upon who of the existing board step down. A board of David Dein, David Gilravy, Alexander Ryazantsev, a new CEO and perhaps someone with a global marketing or business development expertise would be very powerful. I do not see the reason for a board being much bigger than 5 or 6 in a business as relatively straightforward as a football club.
That group already sounds and looks a 100% better

I would imagine that if David Dein joined the Everton BoD, that the club would immediately be taken much more seriously, and if the chap from BP joined too, well there's a statement of intent surely ?

I would imagine that if David Dein joined the Everton BoD, that the club would immediately be taken much more seriously, and if the chap from BP joined to, well there's a statement of intent surely ?

I'd be much happier in that case.

No more taking peanuts for sponsorship then Elstone portraying it as the best deal ever. Until people look into it compared to other clubs and realise he's taking them for a ride.

So David Dein is incoming as well?

It's all very exciting isn't it, but ...

I'd love a statement of intent from Mr. Moshiri outlining his vision.

I'd love some news on the world class manager front very soon.

I'd love a definitive stadium plan, not options.

I'd love the players to buy into the vision & stop making ridiculous comments whilst on International duty.

They say patience is a virtue. Come on Farhad son, make my week.

Is there talk of David Dein joining the board? Sorry if I have missed an earlier post. I just thought he was in retirement, not that I would expect him to be sitting at home waiting for bingo night to come around or anything. Would be a hugely impressive individual to have on board, literally.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back