Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I blame Bill because he was a director since 1989 and I can't find a single thing that he can claim to have done to push the club forward.

He was part of the board that invested in the modest park end.

He was part of the board that appointed Mike Walker.

The list goes on forever. Great guy though.

The fact remains that Everton were a top half team, not under threat of administration, not falling foul of FFP and not enduring all the other mad stuff that’s gone on since Moshiri rode into town.

Wouldn’t have been an issue if we weren’t illegally owned by Usmanov. And we were posting losses of £100m+ per year before the war.
Yeah, but the 20m we failed would have easily been covered by the 30m naming rights and the USM sponsorship money was lost.

Im not absolving Moshiri, DBB, Kenwright of blame, mistakes were made, repeatedly, costly mistakes.

But if it wasnt for Vlad the impaler, none of this would have happened.

The fact remains that Everton were a top half team, not under threat of administration, not falling foul of FFP and not enduring all the other mad stuff that’s gone on since Moshiri rode into town.

Everton finished in the bottom half in Kenwrights last full season before Moshiri and we was bottom half when Moshiri took over.
If Moshiri didnt take over and sack Martinez we would of went down the following year no doubt about it we was in freefall.

Yeah, but the 20m we failed would have easily been covered by the 30m naming rights and the USM sponsorship money was lost.

Im not absolving Moshiri, DBB, Kenwright of blame, mistakes were made, repeatedly, costly mistakes.

But if it wasnt for Vlad the impaler, none of this would have happened.

Also if we just hadn’t bought let’s say, Allan, then we’d also be under the threshold and Putin wouldn’t be an issue.

Moshiri never took complying with PSR seriously, paying Ancelotti £11.5 million a year (plus a £2.5 million bonus if they avoided relegation) was evidence of that. Add on the £60+ million spent on bringing Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey in 2020 meant it was always going to be an uphill task to comply. To be honest with Moshiri in charge, I’m surprised they got as near as they did.

Moshiri never took complying with PSR seriously, paying Ancelotti £11.5 million a year (plus a £2.5 million bonus if they avoided relegation) was evidence of that. Add on the £60+ million spent on bringing Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey in 2020 meant it was always going to be an uphill task to comply. To be honest with Moshiri in charge, I’m surprised they got as near as they did.

sort this out

I don't care, at the time we could afford it and I'm happy we tried to compete. Being punished by corrupt rules doesn't change that for me.

I blame Bill because he was a director since 1989 and I can't find a single thing that he can claim to have done to push the club forward.

He was part of the board that invested in the modest park end.

He was part of the board that appointed Mike Walker.

The list goes on forever. Great guy though.
always done what was best for the club too

Simply put it’s now designed to stop anyone breaking the top 6. It will happen to Newcastle….. as soon as the bigger clubs want their players, they will be gone. Everton tried to sign players to compete, I mean…. Who would want to even try and compete.

Simply put it’s now designed to stop anyone breaking the top 6. It will happen to Newcastle….. as soon as the bigger clubs want their players, they will be gone. Everton tried to sign players to compete, I mean…. Who would want to even try and compete.

I’m sorry to report that trying to compete involves more than simply throwing a load of your mate’s money into a pot for one of the incompetent buffoons you’ve appointed to pick up and spend on crap.

He never showed any intention of putting an actual structure in place at the football club, on the football side or commercially, and consistently appointed absolute wronguns like Benitez against the advice of almost everyone that knew better. He’s the worst owner in English football history.