Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It wasn't.

You said the naming rights sponsorship would have only been allowed from when the stadium opened - 2025.

My response you refer to was in response to this;

With;

The bullet points are press reports, BBC/Sky Sports who summarised the clubs mitigation.

I believe the second panel accepted the mitigation around Russia. The first said we shouldn't have relied on a Russian company because of Salisbury poisoning and Crimea.

Later I shared my own view that the rename would have happened Q1 2022.

I disagree with your view that Russia's war didn't have an impact. It did, the stadium is one example - that's £200m that will never happen.

There would have been more, too.

I'm not saying we didn't have to cut our cloth prior the invasion, or we weren't run terribly. I'm not saying it's all due to Russia's war - @Zatara said Ukraine caused impact, you disputed that saying how things would be different. I gave the example of £200m stadium. You argued the timeline and impact.

Anyway, never going to agree. In my view, if Russia don't invade Ukraine, Everton have much more income through sponsorship and after the 10 year USM Arena opens, Usmanov becomes owner.

Its a while since you bashed me with a mutli-quote. :lol:

Yep we agree and gone a bit deeply into all for initial points to be lost or re-misinterpreted.

I didn't say it wasn't allowed, i said there hasn't been a precedent and gave examples - has it been done before in the PL - if it wasn't so problematic why didn't we just do it and get 200 mill, there was a year and a half between planning permission and sanctions.................................... & also pointed out the PL applying rules in terms of confabulated sponsorship in regard to City, which ours clearly was.

Again you suggest i said Ukraine didn't impact, i didn't say that it didn't, it wasn't ideal. My point was that would we be in the same mess we would have been if there was never Ukraine, yes, because there is a limit on how much money can be spent and we clearly had a problem because of the need to sell Richarlison to a deadline, spending nothing in that summer transfer window and we subsequently were charged with a PSR for that breach a year before Usmanov was sanctioned. Nothing did change before sanctions, nothing would have changed after, we would still be here albeit maybe two hundred million lighter in debt.

Different takes, but im not giving Moshiri etc an inch or any mitigation - they dont deserve it for what they've done to this club

Its a while since you bashed me with a mutli-quote. :lol:

Yep we agree and gone a bit deeply into all for initial points to be lost or re-misinterpreted.

I didn't say it wasn't allowed, i said there hasn't been a precedent and gave examples - has it been done before in the PL - if it wasn't so problematic why didn't we just do it and get 200 mill, there was a year and a half between planning permission and sanctions.................................... & also pointed out the PL applying rules in terms of confabulated sponsorship in regard to City, which ours clearly was.

Again you suggest i said Ukraine didn't impact, i didn't say that it didn't, it wasn't ideal. My point was that would we be in the same mess we would have been if there was never Ukraine, yes, because there is a limit on how much money can be spent and we clearly had a problem because of the need to sell Richarlison to a deadline, spending nothing in that summer transfer window and we subsequently were charged with a PSR for that breach a year before Usmanov was sanctioned. Nothing did change before sanctions, nothing would have changed after, we would still be here albeit maybe two hundred million lighter in debt.

Different takes, but im not giving Moshiri etc an inch or any mitigation - they dont deserve it for what they've done to this club

Another point mate is can you see Everton ever getting £200m+ naming rights deal? Look at Spurs...

Timing wise can be debated but that alone definitely impacts on us now. We certainly wouldn't need to sell by the end of the month.

Another point mate is can you see Everton ever getting £200m+ naming rights deal? Look at Spurs...

Timing wise can be debated but that alone definitely impacts on us now. We certainly wouldn't need to sell by the end of the month.

Not a chance mate, overall i doubt we will get one - the 200 mill would have been class and no doubt part of some strategy, it was always ropey as, though. Still think the PL would have raised eye brows in we banked pre build.

I suspect it was part of leveraging the risk on funding the ground overall and easing the ouch and reassuring a lender, its prob why we turned our noses up at the reported 3% loan we could have gotten pre covid, we were prob waiting on that at some stage.

The real wonder is why didn't Usminov just drop the money - if planning was a key - USM paid 21/22 sponsorship money on the training ground, could have done it then - weird one.

Suppose wed look pretty, having the USM area when they are sanctioned, but we could have taken the money and in good faith called it the EITC stadium for however long, like Chelsea did with the Abromovivh money and the charity thing.

As always we are 10 mins late to the party after everyone else has had cake.

Last edited:

We arent getting new owners in the next 3 weeks.
I would not be so sure about that. We may well have new owners, they just may not have PL approval.

I think just about all our dirty lined has been well washed in public by now. It is hard to imagine there are still some unwanted skeletons in a cupboard somewhere.

I would not be so sure about that. We may well have new owners, they just may not have PL approval.

I think just about all our dirty lined has been well washed in public by now. It is hard to imagine there are still some unwanted skeletons in a cupboard somewhere.
Whilst I dont imagine anybody is as shady as 777, they arent our new owners till they get PL approval.

And if they do intend on spending the City way, they will probably want full ownership before they do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back