7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Better legacy than Blue Bill I'm afraid
Without question.

Moshiris problem was his terrible judgement and thinking he 'knew' football.

He spent and spent and spent his ( or his mates) money until that bucket ran dry. In the meantime he chose the difficult option of reclaiming a dock to provide us with an absolutely stunning stadium on the waterfront. (Kenwright was keen on a brownfield site out by Aintree at the same time. Ace.)

Kenwrights crimes are too numerous to list, so I'll call out his biggest.
He convinced a whole generation of younger Evertonians that we're punching above our weight.

I'm absolutely delighted he's no longer stinking the gaff out with his non-stop blue bill bollocks. I have sympathy for his loved ones that he refused to jack it in sooner and enjoy his final years away from it all, sadly it just wasn't his style.

So yeah, it's still raw, but Moshiri in 20 years from now will rank higher than Kenwright with virtually every Evertonian. He's undoubtedly an absolute baboon, but he's nowhere near the selfish tyrant that was Bill Kenwright.

He came in. He had high hopes. He gave us high hopes. A problem in itself.

Wasn't afraid to make decisions. Though too often ill advised or went it alone (perhaps due to arrogance or the feeling he was being ill advised).

He never got the structure right. Especially on decision making and strategy.

Relied too much on being able to spend his way out of mistakes (with what he saw as infinite backing). Perhaps, overestimated his financial jiggery pokery skills and underestimated the power of the PL.
Geopolitical effects and government actions underestimated.

I truly think he had a vision and a will to make us BIG again.

The Liver building, the stadium, the big name signings (players and managers) all speak for that.

The Plan was missing. The structure, his self and the circumstances around him didn't allow it.

I'll never forgive the employment of the FSW though.

His legacy is for all to see right now. The docks and the city are blue again. That's not to be underestimated.

If somebody had said that after his tenure we'd have a Stadium on the Mersey. We'd own the Liver building and still be playing in the PL. I think most would have been happy (perhaps more than).

The rest of his legacy remains to be seen.

But, the hope is awake again.

It's the hope that kills us. That's why we're Evertonians. That's what we live for.

Farhad. Thanks for the ride. Thanks for giving us our City back. Time to get off now. There's a new Rollercoaster of hope to try.

PS: we'll send you an invite to the open top parade in 2026. Cheers.

Wasn't afraid to make decisions. Though too often ill advised or went it alone (perhaps due to arrogance or the feeling he was being ill advised).

Relied too much on being able to spend his way out of mistakes (with what he saw as infinite backing). Perhaps, overestimated his financial jiggery pokery skills and underestimated the power of the PL.

The Liver building, the stadium, the big name signings (players and managers) all speak for that.

The Plan was missing. The structure, his self and the circumstances around him didn't allow it.

His legacy is for all to see right now. The docks and the city are blue again. That's not to be underestimated.

If somebody had said that after his tenure we'd have a Stadium on the Mersey. We'd own the Liver building and still be playing in the PL. I think most would have been happy (perhaps more than).

It's the hope that kills us. That's why we're Evertonians. That's what we live for.

Farhad. Thanks for the ride. Thanks for giving us our City back. Time to get off now. There's a new Rollercoaster of hope to try.

Lovely post. I know the blokes made bad decisions but it’s important to acknowledge the good things he’s done. Thanks for highlighting them. Embarrassingly I didn’t know Moshiri owned the Liver building.

Love the line about the docks and city being blue again 👏👏👏

Lovely post. I know the blokes made bad decisions but it’s important to acknowledge the good things he’s done. Thanks for highlighting them. Embarrassingly I didn’t know Moshiri owned the Liver building.

Love the line about the docks and city being blue again 👏👏👏
Thanks mate. Glad you enjoyed. Was longer than I thought.... And perhaps more positive. Sure it'll soon get levelled out! 😉

Great post mate

Made some serious mistakes in who trusted with his money and club

But he has forever changed Everton football club for the better hopefully and has changed the skyline of our beautiful waterfront

I personally would applaud him if he chooses to attend the opening of Bramley moor

Without question.

Moshiris problem was his terrible judgement and thinking he 'knew' football.

He spent and spent and spent his ( or his mates) money until that bucket ran dry. In the meantime he chose the difficult option of reclaiming a dock to provide us with an absolutely stunning stadium on the waterfront. (Kenwright was keen on a brownfield site out by Aintree at the same time. Ace.)

Kenwrights crimes are too numerous to list, so I'll call out his biggest.
He convinced a whole generation of younger Evertonians that we're punching above our weight.

I'm absolutely delighted he's no longer stinking the gaff out with his non-stop blue bill bollocks. I have sympathy for his loved ones that he refused to jack it in sooner and enjoy his final years away from it all, sadly it just wasn't his style.

So yeah, it's still raw, but Moshiri in 20 years from now will rank higher than Kenwright with virtually every Evertonian. He's undoubtedly an absolute baboon, but he's nowhere near the selfish tyrant that was Bill Kenwright.

Moshiri has never (to my knowledge) run a business.

Just because youre good with numbers doesnt mean you can run a business.

He's left us in good shape with this sale.

Is the liver building part of the sale?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back