Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If that's your opinion then it is what is, from my POV two of the happiest days as an Evertonian in the last 20 years were when we got Ancelotti and James. That gave us hope. The third will be when we move into that stadium.

We gave it a crack to get somewhere and the PL rules and Moshiri losing his financial backing stopped us in our tracks. Even with the extra finance of that stadium and Friedkin, we'll find it very hard to break into the top four, especially without 'names', world class manager + players. We'll be better run and more stable (which is great) but I don't think we'll get that feeling we had when Carlo was here. Not for many, many years at least.

That season up until Christmas was brilliant, just a shame it was in the era of covid.
Carlo never achieved as much as Moyes with us as James never matched Arteta for us. Stuff what they did elsewhere as elsewhere does not matter when you are an Evertonian. The fawning over James (odd good pass when he made an appearance) makes my blood boil.

I can’t hate him.

BMD, huge investment, Ancelotti, Marco Silva, even around Koemans time, he tried to bridge the gap and it failed but it’s all fine margins…he tried to have a go.

Lots of mistakes along the way but if he sells to Friedkin I’m willing to forget and look forward to the future.
It’s not fine margins. He missed by about a half billion. Squandered “his” wealth and a real opportunity to transform this club because he has the backbone of a wet noodle. I doubt he could manage a McDonalds.

Farhad Moshiri chose to agree an Everton takeover agreement with Dan Friedkin “at great cost to him personally”, according to Alan Myers.

The Sky Sports journalist reported via the outlet’s website on 23 September that the Toffees’ majority shareholder could end up losing £750million on the deal in what will be a “huge loss” on his investment in the club.
He chose that deal because they could close. No other reason. If he had his way we would have been under control of A Cap at the moment.

Kenwright needs a thorough flushing and bleach everywhere. Moshiri, relatively only, has enabled a physical new stadium.

We have to guard against Kenwright apologists who will look to invent history with a new owner and seek to have him immortalised in any fashion as an enabler of BMD.

Sorry who are these people? They do not exist. Why are we inventing scenarios to make Moshiri look better?

I can’t hate him.

BMD, huge investment, Ancelotti, Marco Silva, even around Koemans time, he tried to bridge the gap and it failed but it’s all fine margins…he tried to have a go.

Lots of mistakes along the way but if he sells to Friedkin I’m willing to forget and look forward to the future.
His mistakes are good example of how money and power can go to your head. It's yet to be seen how his mistakes play out on Everton Football Club.

There’s some staggering revisionism going on about this inept moron who’s leaving having set fire to hundreds of millions of his another people’s pounds. There isn’t space here to go into his dizzying myriad of terrible decisions since 2016 but we are well rid. He would have sold us to 777 if they had been somehow able to rustle the money up. From Day One, he has been a catastrophe and an embarrassment for this club. That all being said, he’s still not the worst owner in our history. That goes to the clown who courted him for 18 months and told the fans, in one of his many lies, about Farhad’s “footballing knowledge and financial wherewithal”. Just shut the door, Farhad and let the new owners fund your “fully funded stadium”.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back