Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

He secured us a stadium although we do face debt repayments on that. Other than that though this fella has been a total and utter disaster as a owner.

On the pitch we went backwards at an alarmingly rapid rate under this owner, but unlike Kenwright at least he did invest some cash into the club even if it was dodgy Russian money.

Still though good riddance to you Farhad. Don't let the door smack you on your behind on the way out!

We're not going to face debt repayments on the stadium though. We have come out smelling of roses for once.

That Borsan geezer reckons he is walking away with just £25m, would love to see how Farhad is going to explain that to Usmanov.
I wonder how much of ‘his’ money he ended up losing. He bought the shares, but I don’t think he put his hand in his pocket as much as people think, given the increased TV revenues, the sales e.g. Lukaku of £75m, Stones etc and the subsequent austerity of the last few years. I know the stadium is another expense, but he was only loaning cash to fund the first couple of phases of the project (I think). I’m not saying he hasn’t lost money, would just be interesting to know exactly how much.

I wonder how much of ‘his’ money he ended up losing. He bought the shares, but I don’t think he put his hand in his pocket as much as people think, given the increased TV revenues, the sales e.g. Lukaku of £75m, Stones etc and the subsequent austerity of the last few years. I know the stadium is another expense, but he was only loaning cash to fund the first couple of phases of the project (I think). I’m not saying he hasn’t lost money, would just be interesting to know exactly how much.
100% agree mate, It would seem that very little of it was actually Farhads money, well it was but it was given to him by Usmanov to use. Despite being a clearly wealthy guy, much of it seems to be tied up in companies, bonds, stocks, shares, etc,etc. When Farhad first came here he was worth something like £3.5bn but more recently I saw something that said it was closer to £1.5bn which might explain why the taps were turned off (The war certainly hasn't helped) We have been propped up via a series of dubious loans in recent years (especially in regards to building the stadium) so I guess we may never find out tbh as now Moshiri is a goner.

Farhad Moshiri chose to agree an Everton takeover agreement with Dan Friedkin “at great cost to him personally”, according to Alan Myers.

The Sky Sports journalist reported via the outlet’s website on 23 September that the Toffees’ majority shareholder could end up losing £750million on the deal in what will be a “huge loss” on his investment in the club.
Never held much ill will towards him personally until the last year.

But for what he has done to the club (selling us to loans sharks, pulling all funding) he deserves nothing less.

He secured us a stadium although we do face debt repayments on that. Other than that though this fella has been a total and utter disaster as a owner.

On the pitch we went backwards at an alarmingly rapid rate under this owner, but unlike Kenwright at least he did invest some cash into the club even if it was dodgy Russian money.

Still though good riddance to you Farhad. Don't let the door smack you on your behind on the way out!

I don't want to speak ill of the dead but keeping Kenwright on in a position of power was the biggest mistake he made as owner. Talking to that disgrace Jim White - who was badmouthing him on Talksport earlier - was the next biggest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back