Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Fathers of GrandOldTeam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things you will soon stop worrying about.

1. The "bump" sound when they fall out of bed. They dont even notice, so why should you.
2. Being in a queue with bits of sick/saliva/strange baby fluid on your shoulder.
3. Brexit/Random world disasters. (You probably wont even notice)
4. Being wee'd on. (unless pre baby, it was summet you were into anyrate)
5. The time. (Cos your clock has been replaced by a baby's nappy/stomach/cough)
6. Bedtime. (Yours, not theirs. Any routine you had is lost for ever)
7. "Fun time" Y;know, what landed you in this mess in the first place. (When the missus doesnt fancy it, you will realise she actually has a point)

Good luck.

They are expensive, and I mean very expensive. By the time she has left Home for Uni, in a car you’ve bought her, comes back and lets you pay back the student loan, decides to get married and looks to you for a deposit on a home, and being your little girl you will give it, it I’ll have cost you about £350,000 so you better start saving now......

Always read the label on everything you give her to eat or drink.
I gave my daughter a bottle half full of orange juice, she was about 1 year old.
I didn’t know I was supposed to dilute it. Wife went mental, so did my daughters stomach, I was changing nappies by the dozen for hours after.

Make the most of your last bit of sleep.

Nothing can prepare you for what's ahead.

Highs and lows like nothing you'll have ever experienced.

Enjoy the ride, and ignore all the unsolicited advice.

Don't wish them to be at the next stage... Wanting them to walk/talk/feed themselves etc. You'll be wishing away the best bits.

Enjoy the very early days. Time goes dead quick.

You'll panic a lot at first.

If your other half is planning on breastfeeding, support her loads in the early days as it's really hard to establish. Best thing for the little one, and gets you out of the night feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back