Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night that - I'm pinching these for backgrounds, ta lol

Seriously, we beat a very good side there last night, they certainly weren't walkovers. While we may still have room for tightening up, Wolfsberg were by no means poor, yet we deserved to win and did so in style.

Everton are boss.
I disagree mate, I thought they were terrible.
You could tell they we're bricking it (the keeper running off after the first goal shows that). Defensively and cutting out options for us to play, they were very good, but going forward I could not see them scoring until 70 something minutes when Howard pulled off a worldie but we were 3-0 up by then.
I thought they were all over the place and nervous.

And as for us, I can in all honesty say I didn't think we were completely cohesive and McGeady was just flapping about. Our goals just seemed to pop out of nowhere without any significant build up play. Major positive being Eto'o, thought he was sensational for the minutes he played, putting Naismith on after jinking through three players and the through ball for Mirallas was inspired.

Still think we needed one more experienced head at the back like, hopefully our best defenders can stay fit and Browning/Galloway are similar to Stones in that they can step up with maturity if called upon
I agree to an extent, but also I thought last night the amount of crosses they were able to deliver from their left hand side of the pitch was a problem and maybe need to look at working better to stop the supply of crosses.

Clean sheet against a totally cack WBA side who will be lucky to stay up the way their playing. How many of those 27 shots were wasteful ? obviously not many because Howard apparently made a record number of saves for a euro match. I'm not being negative, it was a great win last night but that doesn't mean it was without flaws. Like it or not Martinez style of play means we need to have players comfortable on the ball we will continue to play it around the back four it's a bit hearim scarerim at times but that's the way it is. Jags defending last night was ok but in possession he looked awkward and uncomfortable, for me we need a left footer to play on the left side it balances out the whole defence.
sylvain-distin-300-39133372.jpg

Nice to see Roberto switch to 4-3-3 to manage the game and see it out. I always think that we're a bit too naive and chase goals rather than protecting what we've got and picking teams off.

Clean sheet against a totally cack WBA side who will be lucky to stay up the way their playing. How many of those 27 shots were wasteful ? obviously not many because Howard apparently made a record number of saves for a euro match. I'm not being negative, it was a great win last night but that doesn't mean it was without flaws. Like it or not Martinez style of play means we need to have players comfortable on the ball we will continue to play it around the back four it's a bit hearim scarerim at times but that's the way it is. Jags defending last night was ok but in possession he looked awkward and uncomfortable, for me we need a left footer to play on the left side it balances out the whole defence.
Actually
Bx4oBrFIIAEdmzG.png:large

Wasn't happy with Jagielka who made some careless moves and is not great in the air.

We need a big man at the back who's more mobile than Distin. Wolfs got in a few headers. Even Bendtner got in a good one!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

Best game of the season for him so far, looked more like his old self. read the game very well, put his body on the line when we needed him too.

The only moment I remember him being dodgy is when him and McCarthy were doing everything they could to pass to each other because no-one was "showing" for them. The pair of them were still ridiculous though.

He was good. He can play better still.

Him and Stones need games together.

I cant see any reason for bringing Distin or any other replacement in for 2 guys who have conceded 1 goal in 2 games and that in itself was a set-piece!

Thoughts to take away from the game.

Stones is my first choice defender. I'm not sure who I would partner him with although Jags has definitely looked much better the last two games.

Barry and McCarthy looked back however they still aren't getting enough help from the 3 ahead.

I'm looking forward to Pienaar coming back, McGeady while has his moments is too wasteful.

Barkley will have a hard time replacing Naismith - 4 goals in 5 games is a lot of goals to replace if we drop him.

Lukaku's touch is getting better but I still get nervous when the balls goes up to him. However I wouldn't be placing Eto'o ahead of him. Given his age I think he's working great as an impact sub and it also allows Lukaku to only have to play 70mins instead of last season where he sometimes struggled to play 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back