• Wolfsburg

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the others in this group were expecting that from us. May be some concerned opponents in this group all of a sudden.

When the draw happened, I checked out lille's forum and according to my high school frence and google translate they were pretty scared already.

The most liked comment was something like 'very easy group ... for the germans and the english'.

10410839_10152385500501452_5522689513084383038_n.jpg

This picture is Everton perfection

This is why Everton is a special club, the players always talk about the team spirit, which is built due to utter legends like Jimmy Martin in the background, but when you see pictures like this, you just know.

Left is Everton
Right is Wolfsburg
Most of the many many shots they took throughout the game were from outside the box (used to be Howard's big weakness actually)
Pleasing defensive performance against a very attacking team

I thought the game was played by both sides in an excellent spirit, no dirtiness, no mouthing off. Both had a great respect for each other. Not like our neighbours mean, mealy mouthed bunch.
I thought both teams were very good about not berating the ref, ref done a decent job as well.

Just counted the passses for the first goal last night, 18+, there may be more but the highlight only starts from that point. If anyone has the full game theyre welcome to correct me!

Left is Everton
Right is Wolfsburg
Most of the many many shots they took throughout the game were from outside the box (used to be Howard's big weakness actually)
Pleasing defensive performance against a very attacking team

Thanks for that Hibbo makes interesting reading, but we all know statistics don't show the whole picture. But the point I'm making is that if we are to progress as a passing team as Martinez wants I think Jags is not the answer, a good a player he's been for us we need to move on from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back