Fellaini handed a 3 match ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been on rawk to gauge their reaction.....funny as fook...they are fuming....the best bit is the fact they are saying how awful and disgusting felli is and how much of a thug he is and in the next breath they are asking for gif's as they haven't seen the incidents......they truly are a bunch of wet pissflaps.

And they would just love to have him for £15M instead of Joe'Maestro'Allen.......

One thing this 'controversy' has taught me thus far - how tedious it is to be the subject of 'debate' by the tabloids, national radio, pundits, and clueless fans from other clubs.

I'd much rather we stay flying under the radar and being underrated so much. At least the amount of bull**** spoken about us by know-nothing outsiders will be greatly limited.

I don't understand why people are still obsessing over this 'elbow'. It was barely a nudge FFS.

mark-lawrenson-avatar-588.jpg

very true ....but it was the intent and considering it followed the head butt

I'd agree if he swung his arm round and completely missed. In reality, his arm barely moved and if he had 'connected' it would have done no damage to anything at all, let alone a grown mans head.

morning all.

as you may guess from my username i'm a lifelong Stokie and thought i'd have a look at your board given that we seem to have been linked together in the biggest talking point of the weekend and was interested to gauge your thoughts.

i also felt i should come on given the link someone previously posted to the Oatcake forum claiming we were as deluded as your "Friends" across Stanley Park (how very dare you by the way!!) in the way we apparently all see some kind of conspiracy against us.....

first of all i just want to make it clear that i, personally, and MOST on the Oatcake actually see a 3 game ban as perfectly acceptable and that any of these ideas of a lengthier ban or (as some idiot on the Oatckae suggested) referring the matter to the police are ridiculous in the extreme. it's not as if he's a overly dirty player (niggly at times but how many attacking minded players who desperately want to beat the defender to the ball aren't...it's just doing what he's paid for!), he doesn't have scores of previous offences against his name and was frustrated at being grappled by Shawcross the whole game.

having said that, i don't believe it excuses him for his actions as ANY player who had started the season as well as he did and is the focal point of your attack is going to come under "Pressure" like that from virtually any defender he comes up against..the first thing the opposing manager is going to say about the main threat is that his defenders have to stay tight, not let him get an inch of space and "Show him you're there" and i do think that if he genuinely wants to engineer a move to one of the "Big" name teams that he needs to learn how to deal with that kind of treatment properly rather than react in the way he did. as i say, no excuse but definitely mitigating circumstances and most of us realise and accept this.

i also want to add that the way Moyes handled the situation was excellent!!!! it's exactly what Premiership managers SHOULD do but very very few actually have the dignity to do it....very impressed with how he and your club dealt with the situation (something that the Red scum not far from you could learn from...i suspect they would have all come out wearing T-shirts defending him and blaming it on the cultural differences given that in Belgium it would merely be seen as a friendly welcome).

in short (too late i know ;) ) he was a naughty boy who reacted badly to our ahem, "Physical" style of play. he apologised, the club apologised, he got a three game ban and so we move on to next week....that's the way most of us see it anyway. whatever punishment he got was none of our business anyway as it wouldn't effect us at all; it was simply a matter for you, the FA and the ref so why some Stoke fans want to carry on as if it's the worst thing we've ever seen in football (as one Oatcaker genuinely described it....staggering!), as if we're angels who have never ever committed such an offence (they seem to have conveniently forgotten Huth's stamp on Suarez not so long ago....i'm sure most of you quite enjoyed that but still shows the hypocrisy of some of our fans) and as if Fellaini should be publicly flogged and made to repent his sins in the stocks whilst being pelted with rotten fruit is beyond me quite frankly....for God's sake it wasn't even that good a headbutt if you compare it to Zidane's on Materazzi.

anyway guys just wanted to let you know that we're not all bloody idiots and most of us accept it's a contact sport where players get passionate, wound up and these things happen....and then most reasonable people forget about it and move on but we all have our idiots on every board i'm afraid.

good luck for the rest of the season (my best mate's a blue nose so i have a soft spot for you lot) and i hope you get back on track after a bit of a dip in form recently...would much rather you lot got into Europe than the Scum who seem to still think of themselves as major player in World football despite winning bugger all of any importance for god knows how long!

and maybe some of the Stokies need to listen to Rovert Huth's advice on the whole matter robert huthþ@robert_huth
" Hate to see diving in the prem. stay on your feet shawcross "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back