Fellaini handed a 3 match ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the stick we give keys & Gray they pretty much reinvented footy punditry when sky started and for me Gary Neville is doing the same again as he's top class at it

Yeah best pundit going. And i can't believe i'd ever think that of Gary Neville when he was a player.

"Treated by a Toffeeman, Professor Tim Illidge, Mark (Halsey) gives an emotional account of events and his fight to beat the cancer. He has always been fair when refereeing Everton and he deserves a warm welcome when he walks onto the pitch on Wednesday night.

Mark Halsey said : 'People in football have been fantastic. Sir Alex and Arsène, Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce, David Moyes have contacted me. I even had a phone call yesterday from Neil Warnock. Would you believe it?! Phil Neville, Kevin Nolan and Gary Speed all sent me texts yesterday".

What goes around comes around? Maybe he has a bit of a soft spot for the Toffees?

So Halsey sits down with the FA and says he saw the elbow/backwards headbutt and the palm to the face but didn't think they were fouls. For one thing I find it difficult to accept that he did see them with everything else going on at the time. If he did see them he would be the one referee out of a hundred who didn't think they were worthy of at least a caution.

It wouldn't surprise me if the FA said to Halsey "You didn't think they were fouls? This could set a bad precedent. Just say that you didn't see them and we'll deal with it." We don't know how above-board things are inside Soho Square.

Someone has said that Halsey was particularly grateful of the support Everton offered him during his cancer battle. Following on from how Chelsea dealt with the Clattenburg incident maybe the Referee's Association found our approach refreshing and did us a favour? Given the media attention that it has had over the weekend the referee must have discussed it with his colleagues.

There was no elbow. He makes a motion but makes no contact. The backwards headbutt is the same. The "palm to the face" is a shove that happens at every corner. Basically, if you restrospectively punish them, you ban twenty players every weekend. Shawcross in the same game would have been banned four times over for yellow card offences every corner.

We didn't get away with anything. The referee saw the incidents and deemed them to be what they were; nothing to write home about.

If the headbutt didn't occur, we aren't discussing the other incidents - simple as that. The FA rulebook is clear as crystal on this and I only ever expected a three game ban, otherwise they wouldn't be applying the rules fairly.

There was no elbow. He makes a motion but makes no contact. The backwards headbutt is the same. The "palm to the face" is a shove that happens at every corner. Basically, if you restrospectively punish them, you ban twenty players every weekend. Shawcross in the same game would have been banned four times over for yellow card offences every corner.

We didn't get away with anything. The referee saw the incidents and deemed them to be what they were; nothing to write home about.

If the headbutt didn't occur, we aren't discussing the other incidents - simple as that. The FA rulebook is clear as crystal on this and I only ever expected a three game ban, otherwise they wouldn't be applying the rules fairly.

Intent is enough. People have been sent off for making perfectly fair challenges because they looked 'overly aggressive'. The way the game is governed a deliberate palm to the face is a sending off offence and cannot be overlooked. You can possibly get away with shirt-pulling, trips and blocks but if you do something with the intention of hurting an opponent it is a totally different ball game.

If they were nothing to write home about why did Moyes flip his lid? Why did Fellaini issue an apology? Why will Fella be receiving the maximum club fine? Why were a number of media outlets expecting a lengthy ban? Did they all over-react?

Intent is enough. People have been sent off for making perfectly fair challenges because they looked 'overly aggressive'. The way the game is governed a deliberate palm to the face is a sending off offence and cannot be overlooked. You can possibly get away with shirt-pulling, trips and blocks but if you do something with the intention of hurting an opponent it is a totally different ball game.

If they were nothing to write home about why did Moyes flip his lid? Why did Fellaini issue an apology? Why will Fella be receiving the maximum club fine? Why were a number of media outlets expecting a lengthy ban? Did they all over-react?

For the headbutt they issued the apology, nothing else.

And yes, they did overreact, massively. Read the FA rules. There has to be clear reasons for retrospective punishment to occur.

All of these:

MirallasSuarez.gif

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

1353196880867.gif

suarezdive5.gif

Didn't get retrospective punishment, because although they're blatantly intended, there's no way of proving as such.

Shawcross isn't being retrospectively punished for this:

118559240_butt2_366227c.jpg

Because it'd be stupid.

I'll say it again - we're only talking about the other incidents because of the headbutt. If the headbutt doesn't occur, then the other incidents aren't discussed, because they happen every single game. End of story.

I really hope that Lawrenson, Phil Jones & Mick Quinn near choked on their dinner when they heard it was only 3 matches. I'm not sticking up for what he did in any way but you'd have thought Fellaini had committed murder listening to those spiteful *****.

For the headbutt they issued the apology, nothing else.

And yes, they did overreact, massively. Read the FA rules. There has to be clear reasons for retrospective punishment to occur.

All of these:

MirallasSuarez.gif

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

1353196880867.gif

suarezdive5.gif

Didn't get retrospective punishment, because although they're blatantly intended, there's no way of proving as such.

Shawcross isn't being retrospectively punished for this:

118559240_butt2_366227c.jpg

Because it'd be stupid.

I'll say it again - we're only talking about the other incidents because of the headbutt. If the headbutt doesn't occur, then the other incidents aren't discussed, because they happen every single game. End of story.

Great post - they're all potential ankle breakers!

And Shawcross was ridiculous on Saturday for fouling.

I've a feeling he'll come back raring to go. He was beginning to get very frustrated with how things were going as you could see from his body language at times. I think this will trim the ego down to size, calm him down and freshen him up for the new year. The last thing we wanted is his form stagnating as he's the focal point of the team at times and his attitude can't have been helping the team. If, say, Barkley was to come in to the side and get back in Moyes' thoughts and we managed to pick up a couple of wins in the next 3 games, it could be a blessing in disguise.

There's a generous helping of relatively unfounded optimism for the board, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back