Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you play him till you have to take him off and then bring gomes on when the games has slowed down and suits him more.

Absolutely baffling not starting allan. Massive mistake by Ferguson as well as starting townsend.

But he made the change early though. I don't think Gomes was the reason we conceded rather he was a weak link on some of their attacks (which were mainly shots outside the box).

The same could've happened on the reverse if Allan went off in the 2nd half and they got more of a foothold on the game. It's what could've happened not what happened.

3 in midfield would've got us at least a point which is to blame Dunc for. But comparative to anything under Benitez is was clearly an improvement. They looked like a unit even if it wasn't pretty

You have to look at the bigger picture. Players will miss chances but you have to look at the chances created, the patterns of play and the tactics implemented by the manager.

There was none of that. When Doucoure went off we just started bypassing the midfield. If that's what were doing then why did he bring a midfielder on? Might as well brought a attacker on. Would of had more of an impact then onyango.

Was 65 mins in what Doucs was taken off. You would've wanted us to have 1 midfielder for the rest of the game???

For me, yesterday just re-inforced why Dunc isn't the man to get the job full time.

It was just 4-4-2, get stuck in, put it in the mixer and hope to come out on top. That works sometimes. It worked 2 years ago against Chelsea. It's not a long term solution though. The second half yesterday reminded me of watching Jack Charlton's Ireland in the latter years when it started running out of steam.

For me, yesterday just re-inforced why Dunc isn't the man to get the job full time.

It was just 4-4-2, get stuck in, put it in the mixer and hope to come out on top. That works sometimes. It worked 2 years ago against Chelsea. It's not a long term solution though. The second half yesterday reminded me of watching Jack Charlton's Ireland in the latter years when it started running out of steam.

4-4-2, knock it long and get stuck in, is all he's got to offer. We lost that game in the first half when Villa ran the midfield.

The last manager is a relic from the 2000s. Ferguson is even further back. The game has left them behind.

Yeah it’s not good enough

Add to that the situation he has walked into here is far worse than last time

Stevie wonder knows villa have a strong midfield yet dunc thinks two in midfield will do the job.

Puts the slow Townsend in instead of the form player Gordon.

If Rafael had picked that side there would have been hell to pay.

So what?

We had more shots on target than Norwich but still deserved to lose that one.

The cry arsing over shots on target is hilarious.

DCL and Mina should have done better with good chances- but Mina had a header to the far corner that was a like trajectory to the Villa goal. Villas was in by less than a foot after Pickford got a hand on it, Minas was wide by less than a foot. Point bring that ‘shots on target’ needs the eye test.

Also for a Route 1-hoof it game plan, neither DCL or Mina are fully match fit. Dom’s timing off because he’s going up early due to not wanting to be out dueled. If he’s not match fit and still feeling the effects of the injury

Was 65 mins in what Doucs was taken off. You would've wanted us to have 1 midfielder for the rest of the game???

If you're not going to use the midfield at all then why not?

Onyango hardly touched the ball when he came on all I can remember that he knocked it out for a throw.

What's with the fat Sam stuff my season ticket goes if he comes anywhere near this club FFS.

At the minute I'd take him back with open arms.

Seriously, I'm convinced were going down.

This is the problem with our absolute moronic board waiting this long to sack benitez. We don't have time for a manager to settle in we need them to get results straight away.

We need 7 wins to stay safe and we have 18 games to get them wins. Were going to have to pretty much become a 1 in 2 team and we have won 1 in 14 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.