Ferguson retained as assistant manager - yay or nay

Should Duncan Ferguson continue to be employed as Assistant Manager regardless of managerial appoint

• No

Votes: 234 56.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 180 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the new man is the wrong man.

Nobody takes the job without being allowed to pick their assistant.

Why would the club want to force it? It's not like they're prepping Ferguson for the gig in the long run. They've already demonstrated they don't feel he's up to it,
Exactly this I think, he's had a year under Ancelotti he's not going to get a better experience as our assistant. If ever there was a time it's now and he's barely been considered. It just seems like the club are keeping him round out of pity almost. It even felt like they were prepping Davide more than Duncan

It seems it’s imperative that he remains on the coaching staff regardless of who the manager is, why is that?

If he has aspirations to be a manager then surely he has to look at the possibility of doing that elsewhere, he’s approaching 50.

If it interferes with getting a manager, then obviously not.

Otherwise, I have no idea whether he’s worthy of a place on the coaching staff, same as everyone else on here

Entirely up to the new manager.

If he sees merit in retaining him, then his is the opinion that should prevail, likewise if he does not.

For his own sake, no. If he truly wants to be Everton manager, he needs to go and do what Gerrard is doing and go and get some experience - show us he has what it takes to manage a team. Not just for 4 games in an emergency

I love him, but it's a bit mad that every manager HAS to have him as their assistant. I've never heard of such a thing happening anywhere else.. probably because it's a completely insane idea.

Then the new man is the wrong man.

Nobody takes the job without being allowed to pick their assistant.

Why would the club want to force it? It's not like they're prepping Ferguson for the gig in the long run. They've already demonstrated they don't feel he's up to it,

….not sure if Ancelotti had his son & Ferguson as Assistants.

Voting is closer than I thought.

I've voted no not that I don't rate him or anything like that, but for his own good, he needs to get out and get some experience as a proper manager in his own right.

Dunc at this time is a coach or assistant. I would keep him around for continuity.
On the other hand if he wants to manage and doesn't get the job, he needs to get out and manage someone. So if he's capable he'll return like Lampard. I think the job is too much for Dunc but if he doesn't think it is, he should be saying give me the job now or move on for experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.