Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the PL accepted it. Not saying we didn't take the Michael but if the PL okayed it, then you can't just change your mind 2 years later.
The PL worked with the club and things appeared OK. What we don't know is how transparent the club has truly been and what was said and delivered since then.

I think it's a bit of a storm in a teacup and very little to nothing will come of it though.

The PL worked with the club and things appeared OK. What we don't know is how transparent the club has truly been and what was said and delivered since then.

I think it's a bit of a storm in a teacup and very little to nothing will come of it though.
Spending has certainly reduced significantly. Thats what we can say for sure - we've just raised over 100m in sales, including a 40m profit on a homegrown player.

The rest, who knows...

Be surprised if it was points, we can also point to Covid, so I doubt it would be that extreme, new ground is a good news story for the league, whole leaving Goodison another narrative, they’ll want us in the league for.

Think our fortunes are very much linked to City now, what will apply to one will likely app,y to the other, the processes will have to be seen to be parallel.

I wouldn’t rule out a transfer ban tbh for us and them. Be the right amount of seen to be punishing, same time to keeping people tuned in for the drama.

If we had sense we’d hide behind the City process, they’ll handle it well.
As long as we got a transfer window in this summer the damage would be containable.

In fact, if we had a transfer window before the summer and had to deal with it then we'd get away with it, as Dyche would retain these players and have 38 games with them instead of ceaning up a load of excrement with 17 games to go.

Relegation is our one and only existential threat here. Whatever any commission decides is not going to sink us.

It’s more like a trial than a report. Everton can file evidence, there will have to be exchanges of lots of documents, experts reports etc. which prolongs the process. There’s no deadlines as such. The commission sets dates as it sees fit ( see page 251 of the handbook) at a preliminary hearing. 6 months is too quick to get all the way to a final hearing.

I’m actually working for a client suing a prem club over a transfer so have looked at the handbook a bit, as it sets out the procedure for disputes.

We absolutely can get points deductions though. See W51.

Our best defence may be if the prem have previously promised not to take action-that could mean they are legally prevented from doing so now.
Our best defence is that we've been complying with the PL. How on earth could any commission deduct pints from us?

It's utter BS.

Heavy fine this will be.

What makes you so confident?
do you think our executives and board are capable of mounting a 'robust' challenge to the accusations?

Because there's no precedent for a points deduction.

Take a look at the Chelsea case. If they wern't deducted points for that then Everton going over FFP (and working with the PL to resolve our finances) wont be getting more than them.

But I don't think the saw the full accounts at that time, which have now been apparently submitted to them but not officially announced.

So it would seem that everything was hunky dory then, the legal demand Leeds and Burnley sent to the PL was dismissed in May...but the minute they saw the final accounts they've gone "hold on"...

Alternatively...the league already know this, know we're over the limited for total losses (although we've massively reduced them) and are having to follow the rules to stop other clubs pointing fingers. Which would then lead to just a slap of a fine (as stated in the rules) rather than any sporting disciplinary action (points deduction) as we've been open with the league.

As long as we got a transfer window in this summer the damage would be containable.

In fact, if we had a transfer window before the summer and had to deal with it then we'd get away with it, as Dyche would retain these players and have 38 games with them instead of ceaning up a load of excrement with 17 games to go.

Relegation is our one and only existential threat here. Whatever any commission decides is not going to sink us.

Ideally you’d want to be banned for the Jan window, I’d try and wrap this up in red tape to delay, I’m suspicious though the timing of this, the PL would have had the projections of these accounts last March and the actual accounts earlier this month. If we’re in breach they’ve known for a while.

I think we almost certainly breached the £105m profitability and sustainability rules last time around. Rule E.15 would have kicked in and we would have agreed on a budget with the Premier League and been subject to player trading restrictions. There were plenty of reports about us having to sell Richi last summer.

My guess is that the latest accounts have shown we have not complied with the agreed budget and have been referred to an Independent commission.

We are now in unknown territory.

But I don't think the saw the full accounts at that time, which were apparently submitted to them but we've not officially announced them.

So it would seem that everything was hunky dory, the legal demand Leeds and Burnley sent to the PL was dismissed in May...but the minute they saw the final accounts they've gone "hold on"...

Alternatively...the league already know this, know we're over the limited to losses (although we've massively reduced them) and are following the rules. Which would then lead to just a slap of a fine (as stated in the rules) rather than any sporting disciplinary action (points deduction) as we've been open with them

The accounts we’re in breach of mate aren’t the ones Burnley and Leeds took issue with its the year just gone - we sold Jamo, Bernard, Digne and Richarlison. Spent 1.5 mill in the summer and signed the full backs in the winter.

I think it’s more we lost the year we sold Rom and posted a profit, of the three year cycle. We needed to match or better that and haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back