Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending has certainly reduced significantly. Thats what we can say for sure - we've just raised over 100m in sales, including a 40m profit on a homegrown player.

The rest, who knows...
I think it certainly shows that some of those ‘reported’ attempts at signings on the last day were a load of bollocks and PR

The accounts we’re in breach of mate aren’t the ones Burnley and Leeds took issue with its the year just gone - we sold Jamo, Bernard, Digne and Richarlison. Spent 1.5 mill in the summer and signed the full backs in the winter.

I think it’s more we lost the year we sold Rom and posted a profit, of the three year cycle. We needed to match or better that and haven’t.

But they wouldn't state "The assessment period for which it is alleged that the club is in breach is the period ending season 2021/22"

I'm probably completely wrong but the last 2 seasons losses have been £260.8mill. £170mill of that we put down as COVID so...£90.8million in "real terms". We only need to make a loss of £15million for last season to be over the £105mill rolling 3 year threshold.

We've defo made a loss of more than £15mill. Therefore we HAVE to be reported to the independent commission as according to the rules.

But because we've been in regular talks with the PL, I believe the positive out of it would be a fine (£100k according to the rules) rather than anything sporting.

Ideally you’d want to be banned for the Jan window, I’d try and wrap this up in red tape to delay, I’m suspicious though the timing of this, the PL would have had the projections of these accounts last March and the actual accounts earlier this month. If we’re in breach they’ve known for a while.

Meeting the government select committee next week. How coincidental.

But they wouldn't state "The assessment period for which it is alleged that the club is in breach is the period ending season 2021/22"

I'm probably completely wrong but the last 2 seasons losses have been £260.8mill. £170mill of that we put down as COVID so...£90.8million in "real terms". We only need to make a loss of £15million for last season to be over the £105mill rolling 3 year threshold.

We've defo made a loss of more than £15mill. Therefore we HAVE to be reported to the independent commission as according to the rules.

But because we've been in regular talks with the PL, I believe the positive out of it would be a fine (£100k according to the rules) rather than anything sporting.

You cannot be seriously thinking we’ll come out of this with a £100k fine?

I think we almost certainly breached the £105m profitability and sustainability rules last time around. Rule E.15 would have kicked in and we would have agreed on a budget with the Premier League and been subject to player trading restrictions. There were plenty of reports about us having to sell Richi last summer.

My guess is that the latest accounts have shown we have not complied with the agreed budget and have been referred to an Independent commission.

We are now in unknown territory.

The breach is in respect of 2020 - 21 though.

Meeting the government select committee next week. How coincidental.
This. I’m astonished more people aren’t seeing it.

Perfect opportunity to throw the book at someone, and they can do it without either upsetting or outright damaging one of their cash cows.

And people genuinely think we’ll get off with a 100k fine.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s our own fault for giving them the opportunity, but it’s mind numbingly obvious what’s going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back