Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it is something to do with a loan for the stadium. If that is the case and we are guilty then it surely means clubs that were relegated cant pursue a private claim against us for lost earnings due to relegation. If it was because we had overspent on players then that would be different as they would try to argue it gave us a competitive advantage
However I would argue that overspending has made us more of a relegation threat than when we spent very little so if anything we should claim compo from all the clubs we bought dross from
I wouldn`t believe the rumour going around about the issue being the stadium, tax or combination of both as BOTH ARE NOT PART OF THE PL P&S CALCULATION... It literally can`t be that!

That headline makes me more nervous than before.

It would be absolutely classic Everton for the PL to apply a points penalty to us and then by the time the next club is dealt with the new regulator is in place and decides points penalties are unfair and removes that option so others get the fines and slaps on wrists for same thing.

I think we've seen similar before, niasse anyone?

Think the worst case is a fine and potentially transfer ban for January. They could easily see that as almost guaranteed relegation for us, depending on injuries and suspensions. That’s why I feel the loan spots should have be used this summer to bolster the squad. But then maybe it’s because Everton are so confident they have done nothing wrong so it’s all good.

Think the worst case is a fine and potentially transfer ban for January. They could easily see that as almost guaranteed relegation for us, depending on injuries and suspensions. That’s why I feel the loan spots should have be used this summer to bolster the squad. But then maybe it’s because Everton are so confident they have done nothing wrong so it’s all good.
A fine ... then in paying the fine we breach a further regulation and so get another fine. This model works for loan sharks.

I wouldn`t believe the rumour going around about the issue being the stadium, tax or combination of both as BOTH ARE NOT PART OF THE PL P&S CALCULATION... It literally can`t be that!
That’s the whole point. We may have attributed costs/taxes to the stadium build so that they would be excluded from the calculation, but FA charge may have arisen because these costs should have been part of our losses, making us breach the limit. In the same way that we lobbed loads of costs into the Covid bucket.

A transfer ban and we are buggered due to tiny squad and loan players that we couldn't sign permanently. Points deduction and we'll be relegated. Instant relegation and we are screwed.
Only a fine (and hopefully a small one) would be ok.
If that's what's holding back on proper takeover, then let's get it out of the way super quick.
Still dreaming of a Saudi investor buying out moshiri, clearing our loan debts and finishing the stadium. Who then implement a proper board, a proper recruitment/scouting network, a proper manager and realistic funding on future transfers...wouldn't that be nice for us poor suffering fools.

If Everton Football Club was being run in a businesslike way then the person or persons responsible for creating the mess we are in would have been sacked, instead we blunder on with ours fingers crossed hoping things won’t be as bad as they look. Our business model appears to be that we are Everton, the Grand of Lady, everyone likes us, nobody is going to do bad things to plucky old Everton.

If Everton Football Club was being run in a businesslike way then the person or persons responsible for creating the mess we are in would have been sacked, instead we blunder on with ours fingers crossed hoping things won’t be as bad as they look. Our business model appears to be that we are Everton, the Grand of Lady, everyone likes us, nobody is going to do bad things to plucky old Everton.
The person ultimately responsible for creating the mess hasn't been sacked because he owns the business.

Would possibly force us into giving said players new contracts, just to have enough warm bodies.

Or let them leave and be forced into using more from the academy, which may not be a bad thing.
I don’t think our academy is doing particularly great at the moment.

The better players have been been getting sold off and I believe they have a similar record of results as the senior team.

A transfer ban would condemn us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back