Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt he the same chap who had a go at the fans and kept on asking "what do we actually want" every time a protest was organized, he I'm sure had pleasure in shouting us down on several occasions.
As I said, his delivery can be self important and condescending, but not sure he was always wrong?? All of us demanded change, remove the Board, ideally move Mosh on etc and hope that alone would be the utopia. Sack the board was held up as a solution - it’s just the first step of a decade long process. Finally looks to be happening, but I’m sure he will have known the type of buyers we would attract. He won’t mingle with the oil states, but he will be aware of opportunistic investment groups that were always likely to come sniffing. Look at the skint wasters that are about to be our new owners.

He always characterised Mosh’s time as a huge embarrassing shambles, whilst noting he had put millions in. Again true for me. Plenty highlighted the money wasted, but few if any called the owner hopeless by name. He placed the responsibility for all spending on Moshiri, as the owner and the signer of cheques.

He is one of the few mainstreamers to talk down our P&S charge, particularly in comparison to City. Sounds to me like he thinks we over-egged the Covid losses, but if the rules allowed it, then it’s the PL’s fault for having pathetically written rules. He is also repeatedly strong on saying other clubs suing us for £100m is a complete utter fantasy. Everyone else says we are to be sued to oblivion.

Don’t care how posh or rich he is. He knows more about owning a football club than me, and LOT more than Moshiri. He can blow dry his hair, wear massive watches and vote Tory however much he likes, I value what he says on our situation. I don’t have to like him 🤷‍♂️

As I said, his delivery can be self important and condescending, but not sure he was always wrong?? All of us demanded change, remove the Board, ideally move Mosh on etc and hope that alone would be the utopia. Sack the board was held up as a solution - it’s just the first step of a decade long process. Finally looks to be happening, but I’m sure he will have known the type of buyers we would attract. He won’t mingle with the oil states, but he will be aware of opportunistic investment groups that were always likely to come sniffing. Look at the skint wasters that are about to be our new owners.

He always characterised Mosh’s time as a huge embarrassing shambles, whilst noting he had put millions in. Again true for me. Plenty highlighted the money wasted, but few if any called the owner hopeless by name. He placed the responsibility for all spending on Moshiri, as the owner and the signer of cheques.

He is one of the few mainstreamers to talk down our P&S charge, particularly in comparison to City. Sounds to me like he thinks we over-egged the Covid losses, but if the rules allowed it, then it’s the PL’s fault for having pathetically written rules. He is also repeatedly strong on saying other clubs suing us for £100m is a complete utter fantasy. Everyone else says we are to be sued to oblivion.

Don’t care how posh or rich he is. He knows more about owning a football club than me, and LOT more than Moshiri. He can blow dry his hair, wear massive watches and vote Tory however much he likes, I value what he says on our situation. I don’t have to like him 🤷‍♂️
I do like him most of the time he does talk sense as you said he's been there done that but he tends at times to switch sides all to often it was all Moshiri but defended Bill to the hilt

Naming rights is a very tough market and has been for a long time now.

Ask Spurs.

The point is, a reported £300m was "boxed off" as USM Arena. I've shared the trademark application/information in the past from Everton for USM Arena.

View attachment 233332

I can understand why the club wouldn't take a loan with interest rate when they expected that type of revenue.

Without Russia's war, 777 aren't in the picture.
If naming rights are difficult to acquire but despite that USM were prepared to pay £300 m for the privilege then this sounds like the deal is massively overvalued to inflate commercial income and profitability , one of the many things that City are supposed to have done.

Reportedly Arsenal are getting £4 m a year and City £20 m a year from naming rights. If that is correct then one wonders over what period of time the USM £300 payment covered !

Last edited:
If naming rights are difficult to acquire but despite that USM were prepared to pay £300 m for the privilege then this sounds like the deal is massively overvalued to inflate commercial income and profitability , one of the many things that City are supposed to have done.

Reportedly Arsenal are getting £4 m a year and City £20 m a year from naming rights. If that is correct then one wonders over what period of time the USM £300 payment covered !
Knowing the regime associated with Uzzy, about however long it took to buy 5 number 10s.

10 years

1698763200221.webp

So Everton's deal was worth 50%more than City's?
Good job that one didn't go through
Difficult to nail down City's and Arsenals because they form part of a combined package with other stuff. I think City's Etihad package is nearly £70m per season.

I expect we'd have done something similar and that £30m might have also included Finch Farm as part of an overall USM package of sponsorship. Not that it matters now anyway (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back