Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kenada_blue
You invite me to speculate, because, of course, no one knows what was intended or what would have happened apart from what did happen. However, I imagine the clubs were concerned at the premature leak of the scheme and very, very worried by their fans negative, hostile responses, and the EPL were shocked at the idea and their lack of rules.
1. The scab six seem to have intended to carry on playing in the EPL but, I imagine, if finishing in a European place, would have had to decline it or, more likely, not been invited to take it up.
2. The fans reacted in large numbers and quickly, forcing the EPL to take action, or at least to be seen to take action.
3. If I were to speculate, i would suggest that the EPL had to avoid pushing the scab six out of the EPL by accident, so negotiated the 'goodwill gesture' and the new rules to avoid a large loss of interest and income.
But I don't really know, do you?

@kenada_blue
You invite me to speculate, because, of course, no one knows what was intended or what would have happened apart from what did happen. However, I imagine the clubs were concerned at the premature leak of the scheme and very, very worried by their fans negative, hostile responses, and the EPL were shocked at the idea and their lack of rules.
1. The scab six seem to have intended to carry on playing in the EPL but, I imagine, if finishing in a European place, would have had to decline it or, more likely, not been invited to take it up.
2. The fans reacted in large numbers and quickly, forcing the EPL to take action, or at least to be seen to take action.
3. If I were to speculate, i would suggest that the EPL had to avoid pushing the scab six out of the EPL by accident, so negotiated the 'goodwill gesture' and the new rules to avoid a large loss of interest and income.
I’m pretty sure they did break the rules. There was a number of named competitions that PL clubs are allowed to be part of. Entering or playing in a non sanctioned competition was and is against the rules. They had technically entered the ESL. Therefore broke the rule.

They wanted the best of both to make more money. And they got a slap on the wrist.

PL showed how weak it is. The sooner there is an independent regulator the better.

I’m pretty sure they did break the rules. There was a number of named competitions that PL clubs are allowed to be part of. Entering or playing in a non sanctioned competition was and is against the rules. They had technically entered the ESL. Therefore broke the rule.

They wanted the best of both to make more money. And they got a slap on the wrist.

PL showed how weak it is. The sooner there is an independent regulator the better.
exactly my recollection too, the EPL had to show their authority but didnt. All they did was kick the super league can down the road a bit. They signed their own death knell.

The fact there’s been zero leaks since the hearing has finished suggests no decision/ ruling has yet been made.

And I don’t include the 12 point crap, because for me I think that’s just tabloids doing the normal click bait stuff.

No way can a leak reveal that’s the outcome otherwise we’d of heard others backing that up by now.

i dont understand why its so hard for people to comprehend that the leak was that the worst case scenario if we are found guilty is that premier league have stated that the harshest penalty they would like the independent commission to give us would be a 12 point deduction. There was no leak saying we have been found guilty. It was all hypothetical click bait stuff.

the hearing has finished and normally you have to wait a while before the decision is made. No one knows the outcome yet because the decision has not been made yet.

How about

"Everton worked with the PL and Accountants at the time, subsequently referred to independent review and the committee find that Everton while being guilty of nothing more than being a victim of a period of uncertainty exacerbated by a Worldwide pandemic and the economic difficulties faced by all, have effectively reined in their fiscal policy and allowed oversight from all concerned parties and as a result we see no benefit in pursuing any further course of action at this stage. This of course will be subject to review, should any further allegations ensue."

Close the chapter, Move on?
I sincerely hope that you were a member of the Independent Commission.

@kenada_blue

The PL rule book is specific to each season. Prior to the significant re write of Rule L9 the clubs could only be accountable to the rules in place at the time. It only talks about the season and not future seasons

Read rule L9 on page 173.

Then read the vastly amended Rule L9 on page 210 of the current (23/24 ) rulebook

The PL rule book is specific to each season. Prior to the significant re write of Rule L9 the clubs could only be accountable to the rules in place at the time. It only talks about the season and not future seasons

Read rule L9 on page 173.

Then read the vastly amended Rule L9 on page 210 of the current (23/24 ) rulebook

Yeah I’ve seen them. Clearly states that they can’t enter a new non approved competition. Don’t have to play in it, but they all entered it. The new rule has made it less ambiguous.

The PL bowed to the scab 6 and it was pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back