Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much doubt we get charged and points deducted this season because we could then drag it through CAS for another 6 months and that hurts start of the season. More likely we get one in November if at all

We can't take it to CAS. The Premier League regulates itself and is owned by the member clubs.

All we could do is appeal to the Commission, who then form another panel to look again at the case.

This does still mean a points deduction wouldn't impact this season as it would take longer than two months.

View attachment 207724
There's plenty more too.
Definitely something that might help us in our case with the PL is the number of clubs who could follow right behind us, the way spending has been in the PL. Leicester are prime candidates to be the next in trouble. So while you might expect other clubs to want the book thrown at us, many won't want to see points deductions etc brought into the mix for bad finances when their own houses aren't exactly in order.

To be fair to the club they have a strong argument around covid...if you look at this year, zero covid impact and will probably be the first year where we don't lose money or losing just a little bit compare to some other teams in the league that will struggle to balance the books.
Covid changed the transfer market. There is a possibility we would be able to shift a number of players that season if the market abroad wasn’t so hit, also that if we had been able to sell richarlison or a sigurrson that season we could have secured a larger amount. It’s all arguable given the circumstances that Covid caused, complete bs, but arguable. Given that I doubt the fine will be significant.

Definitely something that might help us in our case with the PL is the number of clubs who could follow right behind us, the way spending has been in the PL. Leicester are prime candidates to be the next in trouble. So while you might expect other clubs to want the book thrown at us, many won't want to see points deductions etc brought into the mix for bad finances when their own houses aren't exactly in order.
And this a Leicester whom have sold Mahrez, Kante, Schmichael. They basically have to sell Maddison in the summer and it was a mistake not to sell Tielmens as he will now leave for free and he’s been injured most of the season. Should have took 25m from Arsenal whom bid that for Douglas Luiz. Leicester should have contacted Arsenal and said 30m Yuri is yours.

The whole P+L thing is surreal, it clearly is not narrowing the gap between the Super League clubs and the rest of us, but widening it.

If/when we do get punished I hope we point out that six football clubs tried to destroy the very fabric of English football and got themselves a 3m fine.

Yes I take you're point mate, but you can't punish the fans...wait a minute, can see that narrative getting quickly forgotten it we get punished. Will be the first premier league team punished by FFP regulations, another Everton first.

Leicester's losses include spending £100m on a new training ground which is exempt from P&S plus they sold Fofana for £75m.

Carlo Magnifico
Hopefully Dyche will come out with the same stance. As much as I want the people at Everton chased as soon as possible the PL are corrupt to the core and will do anything to use Everton as a test case for their self regulation battle

Our wage bill is like the three-headed hydra, so many big earners have been moved on and we’ve barely put a dent in it. It needs to be a lot closer to 70% but combined with our shocking commercial performance we just seem can’t seem to get out of this rut.
There is still a huge amount of work to do on the wage bill, I mean Gomes took a wage reduction, is now on loan but we still pay most of his wages. He was on £100k+ same with Gbamin and Doucoure and Iwobi. Him and Doucoure wouldn't be getting new contracts for me, we need to be in and around the 60-70% mark, preferably as close to 60 as possible. Don't even get me started on our commercial activities, utterly, utterly shocking, in the entire PL era we have never even tried to build the club into any kind of a brand.

There is still a huge amount of work to do on the wage bill, I mean Gomes took a wage reduction, is now on loan but we still pay most of his wages. He was on £100k+ same with Gbamin and Doucoure and Iwobi. Him and Doucoure wouldn't be getting new contracts for me, we need to be in and around the 60-70% mark, preferably as close to 60 as possible. Don't even get me started on our commercial activities, utterly, utterly shocking, in the entire PL era we have never even tried to build the club into any kind of a brand.
Never understood why a club don’t approach a kit maker to make and then sponsor their kit. Like even now, Hummel should be our main shirt sponsor and we should have a good commercial deal which suits both parties.

Unless we show some level of miraculous player scouting or suddenly find some good players in our youth system, if we go to 60-70% we'll end up relegated anyway. Lower wages get you Tom Davies and Maupay style players. We can't win really

We have been amateurs for ages…many of us raised this years ago and nothing ever changed…

Status
Not open for further replies.