Following the AGM, How likely do you feel it is now that we will move to BM

1 being definatley not, 10 being absolute definatley will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd disagree with the last part of that statement. We're not getting the "it'll be all right lads, don't worry" treatment. What we're actually getting is a bit of realism in that they're being honest in saying they know they need to g aet the finances sorted out, but they're optimistic they can. That's very different from being told there's nothing to worry about.
As being at the agm what did you think?

I have gone with 7, like others untill planning permission is granted there is a chance it could be de-railed.

I'd disagree with the last part of that statement. We're not getting the "it'll be all right lads, don't worry" treatment. What we're actually getting is a bit of realism in that they're being honest in saying they know they need to get the finances sorted out, but they're optimistic they can. That's very different from being told there's nothing to worry about.

True, its not " The money is ringfenced " line we got sold all them years ago.

Thought we would have had the SPV done by now though.

This is Everton so i expect to be let down as per usual.

The funding: NONE of it is in place. Not one brass farthing.

The club are 'hopeful' two-thirds of the costs will come through the council set up PSV.

That's the extent of how far we've come in over a year.

As being at the agm what did you think?

On the stadium ?

That it'll cost more and take longer than first thought, but that was no surprise, I'd actually have been more surprised if they'd stuck to the original timescale and costs.

I think there's the will from Moshiri to make it happen, and we've chucked nine million at it so far, which he wouldn't be doing if he wasn't reasonably confident of getting it done, but no-one can guarantee that it will actually happen. For me, the worst case scenario is that costs continue to escalate after we start the physical build, and that's the major risk here. It's not so much will the stadium get built, because I think it will, but will it get built for a price which makes sense for us going forward ? That's down to the board and Meis to control.

On the stadium ?

That it'll cost more and take longer than first thought, but that was no surprise, I'd actually have been more surprised if they'd stuck to the original timescale and costs.

I think there's the will from Moshiri to make it happen, and we've chucked nine million at it so far, which he wouldn't be doing if he wasn't reasonably confident of getting it done, but no-one can guarantee that it will actually happen. For me, the worst case scenario is that costs continue to escalate after we start the physical build, and that's the major risk here. It's not so much will the stadium get built, because I think it will, but will it get built for a price which makes sense for us going forward ? That's down to the board and Meis to control.
Cheers mate

I still believe that it WILL be built. I'm just hoping that I will still be around and fit enough to enjoy it. Expecting the timing may get pushed even further back. Delays are almost inevitable on a project of this size and complexity.

Getting finances 'sorted out' doesn't necessarily means they're struggling, might just mean they need to sort out the best deal, wrangle bit more from LCC, getting best deal for sponsorship etc.

Once the Council SPV thing is confirmed its as good as done imo. We'll find the other third in time via sponsorship/naming rights/tv money heck even season ticket sales borrowing or Moshiri/Usmanov putting their own cash in as loans.

Once the council hurdle is sorted its sorted.

..ah, I might have started something posting my score in the stadium thread earlier but it is interesting taking the temperature of all. I’ve gone for 6/10 that we’ll move but that is swayed by hope more than substance.

1 for me, I just don't trust the people in charge to deliver it, their still using words like 'hopefully' in relation to the funding when we should really have something more concrete by now, in my opinion it will collapse and the club will blame the increase in costs, hopefully i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.