Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

Not going to bore you with the details of our FFP case and I must admit I can only go off what I've read online with regards to your current predicament. I think most Forest fans will happily admit that we spent frivolously and we were a little naive. However, we have a very ambitious owner and given that there was huge gap to make up in the step up to the Premier League, there was always a danger we would fall foul of the rules. The alternative is to not invest and have a Sheffield United type season.

There's also no point arguing over who should have more points taken off; it doesn't really make sense that you had 6 and we had 4; but we all know the FFP bosses make the rules up as they go.

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs. Everton and Forest are two proper old fashioned English clubs; both steeped in a rich history with excellent fans... and also have a shared hatred to another team who play in red!

We have an opportunity on 20th April to do something; whether it be a mutual banner, a protest on a certain minute of the game... something that can unite both set of fans and send a message to the PL. I know it will make no difference, but we have to do something for the game we all love. As a side note, it will actually be my first trip to Goodison, so looking forward to the game and hoping that Luton just fade away, so neither team has anything to worry about.

Anyway, as a response to your actual point:

Everton fans have continually demonstrated since being done back in November. It won't go away, even had we got all 10 points back on appeal. It's a shame that other club's didn't join us but to be fair, it's not the responsibility of other club's and their fans to stand up for Everton. Moreover, they might have just simply seen it as "well just don't break the rules, we didn't".

I'm not entirely sure if a joint demonstration will achieve anything, in truth. From the outside, a lot of people will just view it as the 2 guilty teams crying that they were caught.

For me, it will only start really shaking things up when other clubs join us in protesting against the very flawed processes and rules that are in place to maintain the status quo. Sadly, I just don't see it happening. The UEFA model of FFP that is said to be coming into affect could well stop Draconian punishments, but it just seems to lock teams in place unless they can somehow massively increase revenue.

Anyway, as a response to your actual point:

Everton fans have continually demonstrated since being done back in November. It won't go away, even had we got all 10 points back on appeal. It's a shame that other club's didn't join us but to be fair, it's not the responsibility of other club's and their fans to stand up for Everton. Moreover, they might have just simply seen it as "well just don't break the rules, we didn't".

I'm not entirely sure if a joint demonstration will achieve anything, in truth. From the outside, a lot of people will just view it as the 2 guilty teams crying that they were caught.

For me, it will only start really shaking things up when other clubs join us in protesting against the very flawed processes and rules that are in place to maintain the status quo. Sadly, I just don't see it happening. The UEFA model of FFP that is said to be coming into affect could well stop Draconian punishments, but it just seems to lock teams in place unless they can somehow massively increase revenue.

Or at a minimum, Forest start their own campaigns/protests. They next play on 30th March - will there be anything?

I doubt it.

Or at a minimum, Forest start their own campaigns/protests. They next play on 30th March - will there be anything?

I doubt it.
Compare the reaction to Everton’s 10 point deduction and the support from local MPs, Mayors and public figures eg. Mark Carney and the way Evertonians galvanised themselves to protest constantly and get global coverage of our plight.

In contrast,Forest release a snotty statement and nearly all of their supporters shrug their shoulders.

Actions speak louder than words so let’s see how prepared they are to protest by themselves before trying to piggyback onto Everton’s hard work.

Compare the reaction to Everton’s 10 point deduction and the support from local MPs, Mayors and public figures eg. Mark Carney and the way Evertonians galvanised themselves to protest constantly and get global coverage of our plight.

In contrast,Forest release a snotty statement and nearly all of their supporters shrug their shoulders.

Actions speak louder than words so let’s see how prepared they are to protest by themselves before trying to piggyback onto Everton’s hard work.
In fairness, I think their weak punishment was somewhat calibrated to stunt the kind of protests that greeted Everton’s initial deduction.

They will have been braced for 6, so 4 seems like a relief.

I agree but I have been “debating” with Forest fans on the Times sports pages and their hypocrisy is staggering. They do believe they were hard done by but seemed to have failed to have read their own commission report…cretins.

I doubt it.

There's already talk of banners, displays, booing of the PL anthem etc. However, there's also a balance to be had, because I think most Forest fans are happy with the 4 points and to some extent I think we've dodged a bullet. I could understand why there would be more of a strength of feeling when you were initially deducted 10. To expect other fans to rally behind Everton at that stage was unfortunately never going to happened; maybe it will take more and more teams to get points deducted before something nationally happens... Aston Villa and Leicester look to be next.

Truthfully, I think most Forest fans just want to get on with it and concentrate on matters on the pitch, however with the game on 20th April, there's a chance to at least do something, but I think that's unlikely.

I agree but I have been “debating” with Forest fans on the Times sports pages and their hypocrisy is staggering. They do believe they were hard done by but seemed to have failed to have read their own commission report…cretins.

If you delve deeper in to the forums, I would say the majority of Forest fans think 4 points is pretty good as we were expecting at least 6. There's also lots of Forest fans that have been critical of our approach to transfers as well. The main issue that I personally think is unfair is that the 3 year period is judged on time spent in the Championship, which means your 'allowed losses' our limited further - it makes the step up for a promoted team without parachute payments very difficult. People will argue that some teams have been able to do it e.g. Brighton, but even they are forced to sell their best players to bigger clubs.

There's already talk of banners, displays, booing of the PL anthem etc. However, there's also a balance to be had, because I think most Forest fans are happy with the 4 points and to some extent I think we've dodged a bullet. I could understand why there would be more of a strength of feeling when you were initially deducted 10. To expect other fans to rally behind Everton at that stage was unfortunately never going to happened; maybe it will take more and more teams to get points deducted before something nationally happens... Aston Villa and Leicester look to be next.

Truthfully, I think most Forest fans just want to get on with it and concentrate on matters on the pitch, however with the game on 20th April, there's a chance to at least do something, but I think that's unlikely.

Well yeah, which is why we’re not going to rally behind you now. You had no interest in backing us up when we were done, despite us all trying to warn you that you were next. So sniff it, in your own words you’re cheats and have been deservedly punished, so get on with it.

Nah your alright.

We will be calling the PL corrupt like we have done every game and we'll singing cheating bast**ds to you and see how your lot like it.

Oh and we'll absolutely pummel you about 6-0 as well. Probably be our only win from now until the end of the season but it'll be a big win.
You're relying on Forest scoring at least 5 own goals then cos we aint scoring 6 against anyone