Forgotten Everton Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately no
I had him lined up for a boot to the head at Anfield.
Loads of us had gone up as they were giving out derby vouchers and it was Chelsea and we owed them one for Kenny High Street.
They were on one side of the RD end giving it the cheeky cockney act, about 40 or 50 Everton lads down the bottom just keeping an eye on things.
Half way through the half we made are way to the back and started to give them a bit of stick, the gave it the come on bit , so we obliged them but we didn't stop went right over the fences .
Don't think more than four or 5 of us made it over both they just moved back , no takers at all, a big cap appeared and blackboard and co came charging at us.
Vauled over the fences again sharpish, there were two , only about 4 and a half foot.
As we got into the otherside the rd end lot parted, thanks lads just when you want to hide amongst the crowd.
Think in fairness it was the sight of blackboard in full flow.
Anyway he is right behind me and falls over , flat on his face,
I turned thought right now your getting it back after all these years you fat bs , had all the time in the world for walrus hard but fair but not this fella.
Just stepped back and got ready to dance on him,
When some woolly back giant a redneck grabbed me, scarf, hat the lot don't know what he was doing in with there lads,
I am trying to get away to put the boot in , no chance he is dragging me into the crowd like a great white with a seal in its mouth.
There's coppers there mate get away, I know he was trying to help me but I had missed the chance of a lifetime .
Suppose I would have got a hiding next time we crossed but he was dishing them out anyway so nothing to lose.

I do wish we had more songs but I find songs mostly come from when you're doing well, not when you're fighting for your life being miserable most weeks.
More songs doesn't usually equate to better songs though!

Its the beauty of 'spirit of the blues'..........its impossible to copy!

I'm not saying we thought these up as a club but its 10 years on and every club has a version of

'We got a diamond called Ross Barkley' ........'we've got super Mik Arteta' by the Arsenal fans
'Allez Allez oh Robertos Blue Army' (think we nicked it off Hibs)
He's Brazilian (we nicked it off City)
Roberto had a dream

Every two bit club pick up on these and style them to there 2 bit players.....its not just us, the genuine creative ones have a small shelf life before everyone gets them sang 'Ole's at the wheel' by United for example..........and that awful 'His heads f£$£n massiiiiiive' song about Maguire!

Goodison Gang, Spirit of The Blues, Royal Blue Mersey etc etc should stay as they cant be copied.

That Calvert Lewin one will be regurgatated by at least 12 PL teams by the end of next season!

I had him lined up for a boot to the head at Anfield.
Loads of us had gone up as they were giving out derby vouchers and it was Chelsea and we owed them one for Kenny High Street.
They were on one side of the RD end giving it the cheeky cockney act, about 40 or 50 Everton lads down the bottom just keeping an eye on things.
Half way through the half we made are way to the back and started to give them a bit of stick, the gave it the come on bit , so we obliged them but we didn't stop went right over the fences .
Don't think more than four or 5 of us made it over both they just moved back , no takers at all, a big cap appeared and blackboard and co came charging at us.
Vauled over the fences again sharpish, there were two , only about 4 and a half foot.
As we got into the otherside the rd end lot parted, thanks lads just when you want to hide amongst the crowd.
Think in fairness it was the sight of blackboard in full flow.
Anyway he is right behind me and falls over , flat on his face,
I turned thought right now your getting it back after all these years you fat bs , had all the time in the world for walrus hard but fair but not this fella.
Just stepped back and got ready to dance on him,
When some woolly back giant a redneck grabbed me, scarf, hat the lot don't know what he was doing in with there lads,
I am trying to get away to put the boot in , no chance he is dragging me into the crowd like a great white with a seal in its mouth.
There's coppers there mate get away, I know he was trying to help me but I had missed the chance of a lifetime .
Suppose I would have got a hiding next time we crossed but he was dishing them out anyway so nothing to lose.
On a similar note.
West Ham knocked us out of the cup ,but played the rs the following Tues,at the pit.
We made it clear we were gunning for them.
This was icf height remember.
Loads of faces turned up,even a lad with an Everton scarf .
We stood at the back of that open bit at the Rd end,mean and moody.
They never turned up,heard one hammer shouting " its alright were just here for a laugh"..
The lad Cas and the other fella Carlton? never mentioned it ever.
We left them alone ,if the roles were reversed, those cockney shysters wouldn't.

Last edited:
On a similar note.
West Ham knocked us out of the cup ,but played the rs the following Tues,at the pit.
We made it clear we were gunning for them.
This was icf height remember.
Loads of faces turned up,even a lad with an Everton scarf .
We stood at the back of that open bit at the Rd end,mean and moody.
They never turned up,heard one hammer shouting " its alright were just here for a laugh"..
The lad Cas and the other fella Carlton? never mentioned it ever.
We left them alone ,if the roles were reversed, those cockney shysters wouldn't.
They left the parkend half time one year , never gets a mention either. It was the year the little kiosk at the bottom of the stairs got crushed by the shear number of us waiting downstairs.
Only about a dozen of them stayed , out of s couple of hundred ,we ended up talking to them.
Tried to kick off just passed the bluehouse, why they just didn't get there heads down a go home I don't know?
They just got split up and hammerd.
Bloody scandalously
Daft thing to do brave yes but daft.

One of my fave Everton chants although not a song was when we used to spell the name out slowly, elongating the E,V and E, so it went......
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee,Veeeeeeeeee,Eeeeeeeeee,R,T,O,N, Everton (clap,clap,clap) Everton and so on. Really was deafening even with sub 35k gates.

They left the parkend half time one year , never gets a mention either. It was the year the little kiosk at the bottom of the stairs got crushed by the shear number of us waiting downstairs.
Only about a dozen of them stayed , out of s couple of hundred ,we ended up talking to them.
Tried to kick off just passed the bluehouse, why they just didn't get there heads down a go home I don't know?
They just got split up and hammerd.
Bloody scandalously
Daft thing to do brave yes but daft.
Moody under the park end ...back in the day.
Remember watching Derby in the cup getting smashed.
All good lads must be in there 70s now.

60 + not quite 70s yet but there will deffo be some around 70 now.
Madness underneath
Derby did OK before the game outside legged a few.
unfortunately as more Everton came in that turned on its head quite badly for them.
alway recall that game as we came in the same times as there lads, one of them said who are these sticks?
Never been called a stick as a insult before
Was bad for them in the parkend and even worse after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back