Formula 1 - 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

Staff member
Its already started!! But not how everyone thought!

Team principal merry go around!
Binotto - OUT!
Vasseur - Out of Sauber *cough* Alfa Romeo and the new Ferrari Team Principal
Siedl - out of McLaren and replacing half of Vasseur at Sauber
Stella - new McLaren team principal......a promotion from within
Capito - Out of Williams with no replacement announced.

News articles about it all

2 out at Williams with no replacements named. Hopefully they have someone decent lined up, really want to see them get back to something like their old ways, and McClaren too.

Mick is staying in F1, albeit in a limited capacity:

Must be quick dispiriting for others trying to make the step up.

Yes he was in a crap car but consistently slower than his teammate in qualifying, and not spectacularly better on race day.

Said it before, if his name was Mick Johnson he'd be looking at another race series by now.

Can’t imagine who that driver might be. Such a ridiculous decision. I love the way they’ve tacked on “personal” statements to try and hide from what it actually is.
It's a ridiculous decision, but unsurprising when you consider Bin Sulayem is a Gulf Arab.

Raised in a society where the rulers word is the only word (aside from religion) and it's perfectly normal to dictate what people can and can't say out loud.

The 'outspoken' drivers should do the absolute bare minimum media and let journalists decide for themselves why they have a self imposed gagging order and aim their questions back at the FIA.

It's a ridiculous decision, but unsurprising when you consider Bin Sulayem is a Gulf Arab.

Raised in a society where the rulers word is the only word (aside from religion) and it's perfectly normal to dictate what people can and can't say out loud.

The 'outspoken' drivers should do the absolute bare minimum media and let journalists decide for themselves why they have a self imposed gagging order and aim their questions back at the FIA.

It is daft in this day and age but to be honest I prefer sport without the politics being brought up at the event.

If Hamilton and Co. are allowed to use their massive public following outside of FIA events to shine light on any topic then that is fine, if however they are going to try and block what they say outside of the track by issuing financial and sporting penalties then they should all quit en masse until the FIA change tact or just start a new series outside of their jurisdiction.

It is daft in this day and age but to be honest I prefer sport without the politics being brought up at the event.

If Hamilton and Co. are allowed to use their massive public following outside of FIA events to shine light on any topic then that is fine, if however they are going to try and block what they say outside of the track by issuing financial and sporting penalties then they should all quit en masse until the FIA change tact or just start a new series outside of their jurisdiction.
Yeah, it's disappointing that currently competing sports stars need to be political, but when the political leaders are all for sale I get why the feel the need to speak out.

The FIA needs to tread very carefully because they definitely need F1, F1 doesn't need the FIA.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Lewis sacked it all off over this. He won’t be happy.
It'll all depend on how much will he has left to compete. I think the last few seasons have taken it out of him, and he may just go, 'Nah, I've had enough'.

I hope not because if Mercedes give him a car to compete against RB then he's one of the few drivers who'll give it to Max.

Must be quick dispiriting for others trying to make the step up.

Yes he was in a crap car but consistently slower than his teammate in qualifying, and not spectacularly better on race day.

Said it before, if his name was Mick Johnson he'd be looking at another race series by now.
He was F2 Champion before moving to Haas. I think he's just been at the wrong team. Remember Haas chose not to develop the 2021 car in preparation for the 2022 seasons new rules which handicapped him badly. He's been partnered by Magnusson this season who has had an incredible rise after a sebatical in 2021.

I agree he isn't his Dad but there is a racer in there, one that I think could be a useful tool to the top teams. I'm glad Merc signed him up as the Test Driver for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back