Formula 1 - 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was F2 Champion before moving to Haas. I think he's just been at the wrong team. Remember Haas chose not to develop the 2021 car in preparation for the 2022 seasons new rules which handicapped him badly. He's been partnered by Magnusson this season who has had an incredible rise after a sebatical in 2021.

I agree he isn't his Dad but there is a racer in there, one that I think could be a useful tool to the top teams. I'm glad Merc signed him up as the Test Driver for next season.
Time will tell.

Maybe Haas wasn't the right fit, but in F1 the only benchmark you have is your teammate. He was consistently slower.

Time will tell.

Maybe Haas wasn't the right fit, but in F1 the only benchmark you have is your teammate. He was consistently slower.
He was consistently slower and prone to numerous mistakes across the weekends. In football analogy, you've got Championship players who thrive at that level.

They're the top of the tree, however the PL for whatever reason is obviously a step above them. I think this is the case of Schumacher if I'm truly honest.

Without his family name and his father's pedigree, would he be given an olive branch? I doubt it, and I don't think it would be unfair.

Time will tell.

1671614350695.webp

Not quite. Schumacher is the Grey line in the graph, Magnusson orange. Mick beat Kevin 12-6 over the season. Though Magnusson scored more points and had that amazing pole.

I meant qualifying pace.

Anyway, I think Phil makes a great point above. Maybe F2 was his level, no shame in that.
Absolutely Phil made a great point. Not bad being the 21st fastest driver in F series racing. I think running the Test spot for a year will help him then he'll take Lewis spot for a year the following season if Lewis moves on and a Top Driver cannot be secured for the no2 seat with George elevated to No1.

Time will tell.

agreed. We probably haven't seen the best of Mick in F1, but that said its unlikely that can ever be top tier material. In junior formulae he would usually take a year to get up to speed, which is why he arrived in F1 at a relatively more mature age. For quite a while now the best drivers are coming through at a much younger age.

EIwqMB2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back