Formula 1 - 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably best to wait and see. This guy who has a reasonably big following says it was an engine mounting issue as opposed to the engine itself. Russell has said there were no major issues. There’s another day of filming tomorrow so hopefully they’ll get it running properly.

I watched about an hour on it but it’s pretty tedious. Excited about next week though although will probably be extinguished pretty quickly when Verstappen easily takes pole
I was working from home so didn’t go out my way to watch it like. Today is probably the worst day to pick to watch also.

Biggest thing I took away from it was the all round reliability from all teams looked really good. Lots of laps from all.

Not getting ahead of myself as it’s only first day of testing and don’t know what the set ups where but that Aston Martin under Alonso looks real good.

Even if max runs away with it I think the middle field will be even closer this year. Even the Williams looked decent lol

I was working from home so didn’t go out my way to watch it like. Today is probably the worst day to pick to watch also.

Biggest thing I took away from it was the all round reliability from all teams looked really good. Lots of laps from all.

Not getting ahead of myself as it’s only first day of testing and don’t know what the set ups where but that Aston Martin under Alonso looks real good.

Even if max runs away with it I think the middle field will be even closer this year. Even the Williams looked decent lol

Just been having a look at the liveries. It's all gone a bit 2006 emo teenager hasn't it? Even the Ferrari is near 50/50 black and red.

Red Bull is awful as always, McLaren's Google Chrome Car is horrible, Haas & Mercedes probably win the best of the heavy on the black cars. Aston Martin & Williams are head and shoulders above them though.

You can expect more of this level of in depth technical analysis as the season progresses. Meanwhile I'll await Drive To Survive and for Will Buxton to slowly explain things to me.

It’s only testing but I’m gonna stick my neck out and say these next few years are Red bulls years and no one will get close.

Merc looks slow and unreliable so far, if this care isn’t competitive at race one then it’s over for them IMO in terms of competing for titles this generation.

Whoever nails the regs first dominates, this is f1 and it won’t be any different this era

It’s only testing but I’m gonna stick my neck out and say these next few years are Red bulls years and no one will get close.

Merc looks slow and unreliable so far, if this care isn’t competitive at race one then it’s over for them IMO in terms of competing for titles this generation.

Whoever nails the regs first dominates, this is f1 and it won’t be any different this era
that merc looks like a proper boat. Hopefully they just doing all these runs on loads of fuel but it isn’t looking good for them.

Just been having a look at the liveries. It's all gone a bit 2006 emo teenager hasn't it? Even the Ferrari is near 50/50 black and red.

Red Bull is awful as always, McLaren's Google Chrome Car is horrible, Haas & Mercedes probably win the best of the heavy on the black cars. Aston Martin & Williams are head and shoulders above them though.

You can expect more of this level of in depth technical analysis as the season progresses. Meanwhile I'll await Drive To Survive and for Will Buxton to slowly explain things to me.
It’s really annoying as they’re all (well most) doing it for weight cutting. It works on the Mercedes as it is all black again but it looks rubbish on most of the others that are going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back