Formula 1 - 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit more encouraging for Mercedes today with Hamilton finishing second fastest, albeit 0.4 seconds back from Perez and on supposedly quicker tyres. Think the only real takeaway from this testing is that Red Bull are obviously going to be very fast again. Looking forward to next weekend so we can see where all the rest really are.

Red Bull gonna absolutely dominate again, especially early on. Let’s hope the lack of aero testing later in the season will bring people closer.

Holy moly this Ferrari is going to be bad news again this season. The car will be falling apart after 5 laps

I suspect that a lot of weight saving has been done by making each part have fewer carbon fibre layers. This could lead to some horrific failures like you say should a part be compromised by being touched by another car.

Mercedes 2 seconds down...I mean at what point did they swap out their employees for the ones that used to work at HRT?
FP1 is probably the same useless info as testing last week but if the merc doesn’t find a second on that in FP2 then I’d be more worried. Norris in the mclaren actually was better than the merc so I’m suspecting they where running a weird set up.

Merc about one second a lap slower in race trim than Red Bull it seems. If so their season is over before it’s begun and it’s hard to imagine that not being the case for the remaining seasons under these regulations.

I wonder what odds you can get on Max winning the 2023, 2024 and 2025 titles. It’s hard to imagine anything else happening tbh.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back