Francisco Santos da Silva Junior (Junior to his mates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, the mighty Google leads me to some facts, some questions and some conclusions:
http://serbenfiquista.com/forum/index.php?topic=44793.0

1) He's not 5'3 ("At least 1.73, according to Benfica fans)
2) He's... ****, to put it bluntly

3) Has Junior actually played more than 2 games for city? Some reports have him playing games for their academy (normally he would be too old, anyway), but a cursory glance at some match reports don't seem to have anyone with a similar name. And he's definitely not been part of their reserves.
4) Does "released by Benfica at 19, having never played for a senior team" and "released by City after 6 months" really scream that "highly rated" to journalists? He's also never played for the Portuguese U21s, but he has 2 caps for the U19s.

5) We seem to be signing Portuguese players (or at least players with Portuguese agents) at the rate of one per year, which seems rather constant to be a coincidence.

Moyes obviously thinks there's a chance he can contribute. His record at finding bargains is outstanding.

Welcome to paradise little frank.

To be fair in Moyes' mind central midfielders are also wingers and strikers so we're covered all over the pitch!

Even full backs and centre backs are central midfeilders.

Just to mention a 4 and a half year contract is some show of faith in the lid. I think there may be more to this then meets the eye. Was he released by Benfica or did he let his contract run down and go to City for Wonga, no shame not getting near there first team, maybe the lid needs a chance.

4 and half years - we must see something really good in this kid - also says we beat a host of top european sides to his signiture.

picture the scene.....
Bill "what? Silva from Citeh? For free? Yes please"
Davey "but Bill"
Bill "shush Davey, if they're fookin daft enough to think I'm looking for investment 24/7 they'll be daft enough to think this is the Spanish lid"
Davey facepalms allover stage left

We apparently beat QPR, West Ham and Celtic to his signature...doesnt sound he has had many games this season so will probably take a while to get match fit.

Echo says he his like Ramieres, a real box to box midfielder; i really hope so, its something we have been lacking for a while, a midfielder who is prepared to get ahaead of the game, just hope this doesn't get coached out of him at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back